Breaking And Entering

Hey everyone, I know you hate my cliffhangers but it’s what I do best;) Anyway, I’m glad you are all coming around to like Landon. Enjoy this chapter, vote and comment please!

Gone.

Four letters was all it took to make my stomach turn over about a million times. Feeling rather numb, I headed back to my cabin unable to process even what was going on. Landon didn’t even say goodbye to me, he just left. Did he leave because I kissed Derek? No, Landon wouldn’t let that sort of a thing ruin him. He would probably just find a girl and kiss her in front of me.

Then why had he left without saying goodbye?

It stung knowing that he didn’t have anything to say to me when I had so much to say to him. I mean, I never really felt like this with any other guy besides Cole, and we all know how that turned out. Landon was defiantly worth the risk though.

God how could I let him just slip through my fingers like that? He showed up on my doorstep with an amazing birthday present and then I go and kiss another guy? Shaking my head, I turned back around and walked back up towards the main building. I had to make this right, there was no way Landon would get away.

Opening the red room door, I retraced my steps back towards Julie’s office and knocked twice before coming in. She was right where I left her, sitting in her desk looking over things.

“Back so soon? You left looking awfully sick?” she asked looking up from her things and smiling.

I bit my bottom lip thinking about how I would ask her for all of Landon’s information. “Well yeah I do have a question. Do you by chance have Landon’s address?”

Julie looked at me suspiciously before reaching into her desk and pulling out a folder with Landon’s name on it. She must have just been looking over his stuff because he just left.  “Well of course I do,” she said placing the folder down on her desk.

A little feeling of hope filled my body and I greedily reached down to snatch up my file. Just when my hands were about the grasp the paper, Julie tugged it away. “Why would you want Landon’s address?”

Frowning, I pulled my hand back and sighed. “Well I needed to talk to him and I was thinking that I could just drive by later today and see how he is.”

It was the truth, I did need to talk to Landon but it wasn’t work appropriate. I didn’t care though; Landon needed to know how I felt about him. It almost hurt knowing that he could just slip through my fingers so easily.

“Mia I don’t think that is very appropriate, just to drop by his house? Did you think about calling or texting him?” she asked slipping the file back into her desk drawer and leaning back into her chair.

I practically lunged over the desk just to get my hands on the folder but I somehow restrained myself. God why did Julie have to be so annoying? “Well I did call him, and text, but he never answered.”

I had called him before I even went searching, but when it went to voicemail right away I knew he was ignoring me. Who could blame him though?

Julie nodded. “Well then obviously he doesn’t want to talk to you, or see you.”

Her words stung but she was right. “But-“

“No buts Mia, that it confidential information and I can’t just go handing it out to people. Anyway, if there’s anything going on between you and Landon it would be unprofessional and not to mention against the law.”