One Less Man...

Okay everyone, Wattpad has been weird lately, so sorry for all the glitches. Please check out my new story if you have not! The photo to the side is the cover for my new story, check it out!!!

A few moments passed before anything was said. You have no idea how much I wanted those moments just to last a little longer.

“Who?”

His question was obvious, but I had a hard time answering. Landon knew about it, and obviously told that slime Kevin, but who else knew our little secret? I mean, the whole camp could know by now. What if Julie hears about it?

I bravely looked up at Owen with uncertainty. “I’m not exactly sure. But Landon does. I think he’s told some people.”

The cook nodded his head, but didn’t really know what to say afterwards. How could he know what to say? I should have been yelling at him to get out by now, but I’m practically speechless.

“You should go,” I almost whispered eventually.

“I should,” was all he said in reply.

Owen took a step forward, placing a hand on my towel covered hip. I tried to move back, but I was already against the bed. “Stop, just stop.”

It was the first time I had been able to tell him stop, and it was hard enough. I mean it was practically impossible to say stop to a face like his. His bright green eyes stared back at me for a moment longer before he pulled away with a frown.

“Look I don’t care who knows. I just want you Mia,” he pleaded.

I shook my head. “No, I can’t. Not after what I saw.”

“But Caroline-“

“She’s nothing to me!”

“And I’m only seventeen-“

“You’re old enough for me!”

“And what if someone finds-“

“No one else will find out, I assure you,” he said with one last breath.

Looking up into his green eyes, it dawned on me that Owen wasn’t worthy of my trust. He easily lied to me about Caroline, who’s to say he doesn’t do it again? Once a cheater, always a cheater, I know from experience.

What I said next was hard, because while looking at a face like his, it’s almost impossible to say no. “Look Owen, I like you a lot. But you’re not good for me. You call my friends childish, and you lie to me. And as much as I would love to forget about those things I can’t. And you know how much I would love to forget my age? But I can’t, because if we got caught you could go to jail and I like you too much for that to happen.”

I tightened my grip around the towel as a pained expression crossed Owen’s sexy face. “Mia, I’m willing to take the cha-“

“But I’m not. So just stop Owen. Look, I’ll see you tomorrow morning in the kitchen.”

His hands balled up into fists in a matter of seconds and he stomped towards the doors. “Just admit you’re too much of a child to handle a relationship with me Mia!”

Rolling my eyes, I smiled. “Fine. Owen I’m too much of a child to handle a relationship with you.”

This only seemed to anger him more as he slammed the door behind him and trudged down my cabin steps. He stopped on the dirt trail to take a peek back at the cabin. His face fell at the sight but he quickly rushed off.

I took a deep breath.

It was the right thing to do, no matter how hard.