House Visit

Hey everyone, I’ve been helping out with stage crew at school for the musical and it’s three hours a night. A lot right? Yeah but it will look good on my record, anyway… I know last chapter was sort of boring but I hope you like this one. Oh also I had a solo and ensemble competition this weekend and sang for a judge and got a one star the highest score you can get! I’m giddy lol.

It was early the next morning when I went to talk to Julie. I told her that I had a small family emergency and would like to take the car and drive home for the night. She didn’t seem too upset, and easily handed over the camp car keys to me. I felt like a little rule breaker but it didn’t matter. I knew that I had to talk to Landon, it was like this gut feeling.

It was a hard thing to explain even to myself, but there was nothing stopping me now. “Hey so I’ll see you tomorrow. Wish me luck.”

I leaned over to squeeze Gavin tight. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled my closer. “Everything will be okay; Landon likes you I can tell. Trust me.”

Smiling, I detached myself from him and reached to open the car door. The red jeep looked fairly new so I would have to be extra careful driving it around. Once I was seated, Gavin shut the door behind me and slapped his hand to the side of the car.

“His house is only twenty minutes away; I know he lives in a big gated community so if you find yourself somewhere sketchy you are definitely in the wrong place,” he told me as I turned on the car and thr rumble of the engine filled my ears.

Okay, gated community. So Landon was rich…

“Did you hear me Mia?”

I nodded my head and turned back to face him. “Yeah he’s rich I got it.”

Gavin chuckled and backed away from the car. I waved him goodbye before putting the car into drive and speeding off towards the exit of camp. Trees flew by and my hair whipped in the open wind. Putting on a pair of sunglasses, I looked down at the paper directions I had printed off earlier. It was pretty much a straight run, but knowing my sense of direction I would get lost.

I let a sigh escape my lips as thoughts ran through my head. What if Landon thought I was crazy just showing up to his house? It’s not like I’m a stalker, I just don’t want to mess up a whole new friendship and maybe even relationship. After Cole I thought I would never want to be in another relationship but ever since I met Landon it just felt right.

God what was I doing? Just barging in on someone’s life…

Landon’s mother could have died or something, I can’t just race to his home and confess my feelings for him. He’ll think I’m crazy.

Banging on the wheel in frustration I made a fast U turn and headed back for camp. And then another thought raced through my mind. What if Landon would be happy to see me? What if he was waiting for me to come by and explain myself?

Once again, I made another U turn and started following the directions. After about twenty five minutes of feeling totally lost, I came across the gated neighborhood called Winter Hallow. And then a thought struck me, how was I going to get into a very unfamiliar gated community?

It felt like hours I sat next to the gates waiting for an answer. How come this didn’t cross my mind when I was driving here? Thankfully, a car came rolling up soon enough and I managed to squeeze in after them. Hopefully no one noticed.

I practically drove off the road when I saw the first house. My assumptions about Landon were right, he was rich. I had never seen such a beautiful neighborhood in my life. Not even in movies. The houses were huge—mansion huge, with balcony’s held up by big white pillars. Every front lawn seemed to be cut to perfection, with just the right amount of landscaping. I couldn’t even count how many times I passed what looked like a custom car that must have coast thousands of dollars.