A Present From Landon?

This is unedited...it will be edited soon though. 

What’s up my lovelies? I’m glad you liked the rather boring chapter, well it was in my mind maybe not yours but I’m still glad. So, here’s the next one. Unlike my other stories, I’m not really sure when I want to end this one. I’m still wondering if I want to make it a longer story or not so yeah…

Happy Reading!

It was two in the morning and very dark out by the time Nathan dropped me back off at camp. Cole had offered to drive, well actually insisted but Nathan made up some stupid lie about forgetting something here and wanting to come back and get it himself. Either way, I was very happy I didn’t have to be stuck with Cole in a car for hours.

“Bye, thanks for the ride. I’ll miss you,” I said reaching over the consul between the seats and placing a small peck on Nathan’s cheek.

“Jack broke up with me,” he suddenly blurted, a very sad expression crossing his face.

Shocked by his sudden outburst, I had a loss for words. Jack and Nathan were perfect for each other. They never seemed to fight and were always agreeing on things. Every time I saw them together they were giggling and exchanging cute little kisses.

What had gone wrong? “What?”

Nathan sighed and a little tear slipped from his eye. “He’s moving to Colorado and decided it was best to break off our relationship because long distance ones never last.”

Biting my lip, I grabbed his face and turned it towards mine so he could look at me instead of his hands. “You are amazing, and you and Jack are perfect for each other. But I agree with him. Just take a break from each other, and then if you two really can’t be apart, than you can start up something long distance.”

“You’re right, and I know he is too but I’m just going to miss him so much,” my best friend’s voice crackled at the last part, but he held his head high.

Smiling, I squeezed his cheeks. “At least you know he didn’t break up with you because he didn’t like you anymore.”

“He still broke up with me.”

Rolling my eyes, I placed another kiss on his cheek and opened the car door. “Nathan you know he loves you, and I bet he won’t be able not to call in the first week he’s gone. Don’t worry; you’ll always have a perfect someone. Thanks for the ride, see you in a month.”

With one last wave I shut the door behind me and watched as Nathan drove away into the darkness. Once his headlights were out of view, I only had the moonlight to guide me back to my cabin. Cutting across the soccer field, I watched the lake water ripple in and out of shore. It reminded me of the night I went skinny dipping. Actually no clothes, butt naked. This made me laugh.

My laugh came to an abrupt stop when the thought of Landon popped into my mind. I didn’t really know what to think of the sexy brown haired goddess. Sometimes, I felt like biting his gorgeous head off and tossing it into the lake. He really had a way to drive me insane. But then at other times he made me almost weak in the knees.

 Cliché right? But it was true. When we were at the movie theaters and I saw him with that Carly girl, all I wanted to do was rip out my hair. Jealousy was a trait I was not used to. And after the fire when I couldn’t find him all I could think about was what if he was gone? It made my heart race so fast I thought I would have a heart attack.

At the sight of my friend the tree Frank, I smiled. “I could use your guidance again,” I said aloud facing the dark branches that loamed over me like a million little shadows.