This Is NOT A Date

Hey everyone, I know you all hate my cliffhangers but I sher do love writing them! <3

Hope you enjoy.

I stared in disbelief at the cook who was now standing in my doorway. “Were you in my cabin?” I finally asked looking around for any other possible reasons as to why he was there.

Landon stiffened behind me as Owen stepped away from the door. “You should go boy I have to talk to Mia,” he sneered, not trying to hide his hatred towards him.

Taking a deep breath, I stepped forwards and put a hand on Owen’s chest. Landon grabbed my other hand and tried to pull me back by him but I stayed in my place. “Calm down Owen, I think you should leave. What were you doing in my cabin?”

The atmosphere around us seemed to ripple with tension as my question hung in the air unanswered. Both Owen and Landon were glaring at each other with eyes gleaming with hatred. Whoa, what the heck was going on? I knew Owen didn’t really like Landon that much, it was obvious enough but he was a camp counselor. He should be acting more mature about things. And Landon always seemed to think Owen was a pig but he never acted like this around him.

They both took a step towards each other but before anything could happen I stepped in-between them. Putting a hand on both of their chests I turned to Landon. “You go,” I ordered trying not to sound mean. “Thanks for the gifts, it was really sweet.”

A look of hurt spread across Landon’s face and I could feel Owen’s chest under my hand rumbled as he let off a small chuckle. “But—“

“No I need to talk to Owen Landon, this is between me and him.”

Landon’s expression turned into anger as he stepped away from me and lumbered down the steps. Without looked back, he headed off in the direction of his cabin. I didn’t want him to be mad but I knew Owen would never leave.

Sighing, I turned back to face the cook while trying to hold in all my anger. He was smiling when I turned to face him but the smile soon went away one he saw my expression.

“What the hell were you doing in my cabin? Explain now,” I practically shouted.

Owen crossed his arms over his chest. “Look it doesn’t matter I—“

“It doesn’t matter that you were snooping around in my stuff when I wasn’t even there? You have five seconds to explain until I march right up to Julie’s cabin and tell her what happened,” I stated as calmly as possible.

His face turned red in embarrassment. I bet he wasn’t used to being ordered around. “I came by to talk to you, and when I knocked no one answered so I thought you might be ignoring me. I came in because the door was unlocked and you weren’t there. I was about to leave when that stupid kid came up and sat on your steps. As much as I wanted him to see me leaving your cabin it would have been weird if you weren’t there so I was waiting for him to leave for the longest time until you came back and then—“

“You eavesdropped?”

He nodded his head. “I wasn’t going to let that little prick kiss you Mia.”

Clenching my fists in anger, I glared at him. “That was none of your business and you should have made yourself present right away. You are more immature than any other twenty three year old I know. When are you going to grow up Owen?”

My words hung heavily in the air and the silence to come after wasn’t much better. Why couldn’t he just understand that I didn’t want anything to do with him romantically? We could actually have the chance of being friends if he just moved on and left the past in the past.