I Guess I'm Just A Child..

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: LOOK AT LINK TO THE SIDE, IT'S THE TRAILER TO MY STORY I WILL BE UPLOADING SOON!!!!!!!!!!

READ^^^^^

Hey everyone, this chapter is dedicated to blindopptimism being my second editor. The next chapter will be dedicated to emiaaqueenz for the cover on the 15 chapter I think!
ALSO… go look at the trailer my sister Fallzswimmer made for my new story I’m uploading soon!

You know that little mini heart attack you get after you’ve done something bad and think your parents found out? That feeling like you’re dead; that your whole life is about to end in one disastrous fight with the parentals. Well, that feeling washed over me hard in seconds. My stomach was in butterflies and my palms were sweaty, I could practically see my heart beating out of my chest.

“Yeah, you had some fun with Owen the other night, didn’t you?”

I stared at Landon unable to form words, it was him! I knew I had seen someone up at the top of the cliff, but why did it have to be Landon? Shamefully I looked down at the dirt round, my toes were curled up into little balls as Landon spoke again.

“And you can save your excuses; I saw it with my own eyes. You and the cook, the night of the party. It may have been dark but I know what I saw.”

Inhaling a huge breath of air I lifted my head and met his cold eyes. They looked back at me like angry lions and still I couldn’t think of anything to say. What could I say? Sorry? That wouldn’t cut it with Landon, and he must have knew there was still something going on between me and Owen that it wasn’t just a one night thing.  

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out this was bad really bad.

Landon would tell Julie, and Julie would fire Owen, and then me. What would I tell my parents? Sorry mom and dad I was physical with a twenty three year old man. They would never look at me the same way, neither would Gavin maybe he would never even say something to me again.

Landon turned to leave but I quickly grabbed his arm. “No wait,” I whispered pulling him back.

“Wait so you can ask me not to tell anyone? Really Mia? I’m not that cold and have I told anyone yet? Obviously not you and Owen can have your fun but when he breaks your little heart, don’t expect me to care.” With a little glare Landon stormed off into the woods. “Oh and you may want to tell Gavin before he finds out this way Mia!”

The sound of his feet crunching against the fallen twigs soon subsided, and I was left alone. Alone to think of how horrible a person I was.

I guess it was stupid of me and Owen, and still is stupid of us to, as some would say “fool around.” But why was Landon so mad? What possessed him the right to tell me right from wrong; it should be the other way around!

From the start of this summer, Landon has been nothing but rude to me. Why did he care if Owen broke my heart, not that he would…

Mia, stop feeling sorry for yourself.

I was right I had to stop feeling sorry for myself.

**
The water looked deliciously refreshing as I pulled off my running shorts and ripped my headphones out of my ears. Smiling I stepped off the dock as plunged into the deep blue water, I let myself sink to the bottom releasing all the air in my lungs so I could stay sitting at the floor of the lake bubbles rushed passed me in a little frenzy trying to escape to the surface.

Suddenly there was a slight disturbance in the somewhat calm water and I pushed off the sandy bottom. Breaking through the top of the water I rubbed my eyes and looked around. Gavin was lying on his back, floating only a few feet away from me.

“What’s up Fray?” He asked casually, peeking over to get a look at me.

Smiling I mimicked him and let my feet float to the surface. “Just out for an early morning swim the usual. Are you stalking me?” I asked sarcastically.

Gavin didn’t say anything and I knew he wasn’t in his usual bubbly mood. “What’s wrong?”

My question was quite simple and yet he seemed to struggle to answer. I could tell there was something on his mind but he would never tell me. “It’s nothing I have to get dressed, see you later Fray!”

Without another word Gavin was out of the water and walking down the pier towards his cabin. I would have ran after him or called him to come back but I had to get ready for breakfast. Sighing I pulled myself out of the water and grabbed my things. After going back to my cabin, saying goodbye to Nathan and getting changed I walked up to the cafeteria.

After being greeted by a few boys I managed to slip into the kitchen only to be attacked my Owen. He grabbed me from the back and pulled me into his hard chest as soon I was wrapped up in his arms, I felt the need to back off. We had to stop this.

“Hello my little munchkin,” he whispered into my ear nibbling at my earlobe.

Sighing I pushed away and straightened out my shirt. “Owen let’s just get to work.”

My tone came out harsher than I thought it would, but I just turned around and grabbed a apron hanging up on the rack.

“What’s wrong?” Owen questioned coming up behind me once again and wrapping his arms around my waist.

Groaning in frustration I turned around to face him. “We are supposed to be cooking food for those growing boys out there. So stop.”

He rolled his eyes and I pushed away and opened the freezer doors. After fishing out some hash browns I put them in the oven and let them cook. Owen was cutting up the fresh fruit when he looked over at me.

“Okay what did I do?” he asked setting down the knife.

I put my hands on my hips, “just cut your stupid fruit and ignore me, you did nothing I’m just not in the mood. Anyway anyone could walk in.”

Without another word I got back to work and filled a cart with chocolate and white milk. After everything was loaded on I brought it outside and into the cafeteria. Boys were already lined up in front of the cooler grabbing the milk that was already in there. I pushed my way through them before loading it up with the new milk.

“You alright you all seem a little behind today? I can help if you want?”

I turned around to face Gavin, who had just the cutest smile on his face. “No you don’t have to go have fun with your friends.”

He rolled his eyes. “Come on I was a jerk earlier let me help.”

I smiled to myself as I pictured Owen’s face when he saw Gavin walk in the kitchen next to me and ready to help. “Well, if you insist.”

With a grin Gavin playfully jumped onto the cart as I started to push it back towards the kitchen. Laughing I pushed him all the way there-despite how heavy the load was as we entered the kitchen, we both lapsed into a silence and there was a reason for it; a very unhappy looking Owen. He stood where I had left him cutting the fruit, but there was a sour expression plastered on his face.

“Gavin offered to help out because we’re a little behind today so I’ll just tell him what to do,” I explained grabbing Gavin my his shirt and pulling him over to the freezer.

“No I’m the head cook, I’ll tell him what he can do to help out,” Owen said smugly a little smile appearing on his face.

Oh great…

Gavin slowly walked over to Owen’s side and awaited orders, the cook finished cutting up the last strawberry before he turned to Gavin. “Well, see as that all the food I already being prepared and what not, you get to work on cleanup duty.”

Unlucky Gavin…

“Which means you will have to clean off the counters, wash out the sink, sweep the floor and then swiffer it after. Oh and then when you’re done eating you’ll have to wash the dishes, okay?”

Gavin just nodded his head and went off to do his tasks. I watched as he held the wash cloth under the steaming water as it poured out of the faucet, I could just see how much he was regretting offering his help to me.

I was so wrapped up watching Gavin that I didn’t see Owen approach me and reach out and squeeze my ass. I let out a little shriek and jumped into the air. Gavin spun around in shock while Owen just giggled to himself.

“What the heck was that Mia?” Gavin asked a little concern in his expression.

Cheeks turning red the only thing I could do was lie. “Ah, I saw a spider. Yeah, a really big spider.”
Gavin rolled his eyes after hearing my lame excuse for Owen’s behavior and went back to doing his job. After that time went by pretty fast despite the awkward tension between the two guys and me. I could tell that Owen wasn’t happy with me letting Gavin help. I could also tell how annoyed Gavin was because Owen stuck him with all the crappy jobs.

Thankfully soon enough the job was done and Gavin had left to participate in his daily activities, which left me and Owen eating alone in awkward silence. Finally he spoke up.

“So, did you enjoy Gavin’s company on this fine morning?” He asked sarcastically.

Rolling my eyes I took my last bite of strawberries, stood up and dropped my plate into the sink. “Actually, I did very much he wasn’t acting out inappropriately.”

Owen chuckled as I rushed to take off my apron and head for the door. As soon as it was hanging on the rack I had my hand on the door and ready to leave.

“Wait we should really talk about this Mia don’t go.”

Groaning in frustration I turned back around to face Owen’s gorgeous face. God why did his face have to be so incredibly gorgeous? I mean this would be so much easier if he were less attractive.

If I wouldn’t have been too attracted to him in the first place I would have tried to get to know him, and I wouldn’t have ended up liking him. “Talk about what?” I finally said.

He sighed, “everything. I don’t know why you’re being so cold to me, I didn’t do anything!”

“You didn’t do anything? You kissed me and then kissed me again. Owen this can’t end up working out right. I’m not even eighteen yet!”

“You kissed me back!” He exclaimed.

“What do you expect out of me you’re hot, sexy and an older man! That’s everything a seventeen year old looks for!”

Owen laughed, “well what do you expect out of me you’re a young, beautiful, sexy,and a  gorgeous woman, that’s everything a twenty three year old looks for!”

I blushed at his complementing words but then quickly shook away the butterflies that had begun to fill my stomach. I would not let him make me feel this way!

“I might be a little too young Owen,” I said lamely not having any other excuse.

“So what you’re turning eighteen soon right? We can just keep it a secret until then.”

Although Owen had a point it was too risky, he was always doing something dangerous. “Look it’s not going to be easy Owen. What if Julie walked in on us kissing or even one of the boys at camp here? Do you want to get fired?”

He let out a frustrated sigh as I brought up the bad possibilities, “Mia we can do this I promise.”

“I’m not sure we can Owen. Anyway you don’t respect my friends and you call them children. How can I be with you if you do that?”

He rested against the nearest counter with a huff, “look that Gavin kid is way into you, you should be spending time with me not him.”

“Not everything is about you Owen!”

“Wow now you really do sound like one of those stuck up teenage girls who think the world revolves around them,” he replied a little smug expression on his face.

That was it I couldn’t talk to him anymore. Standing up straight I headed for the door, “if I’m too immature for you Owen find another girl.”

Hey everyone, thanks for everything. Vote!