Slender Man

Sorry for the wait, I was SUPER busy this week. ENJOY.  Also, this is not my best chapter..just letting you all know. 

It was the first day of summer that I actually did my hair and makeup. It took a while to curl my long auburn hair, but afterword’s the makeup only took a few minutes. Satisfied with my hair and face, I rummaged through the small dresser by my bed and found a cute sundress. 

“Come on Mia, you’re taking forever the party’s starting soon!”

Aware of the impatient boy outside my door, I hurried to find some cute sandals. Once they were on, I looked in the mirror and headed out the door.

Although it was almost night, and the sky was mostly dark, Gavin’s smile was very visible. “Well someone looks pretty,” he complimented me.

Rolling my eyes, I hooked my arm around his and we walked together up the rec room. “Well I decided to actually look somewhat presentable for once.”

“You always look good Mia,” he replied almost immediately, and I could help but blush.

“Yeah whatever, now let’s go party. I need to get drunk.”

Gavin laughed as we neared the medium sized building. I was somewhat surprised not to hear blasting music and rowdy boys, but then I remembered Julie.

“So when does the real part start?” I asked amused as Gavin held open the door for me.

He smiled. “After the lame one.”

Laughing, we both looked around the rec room. Streamers and balloons were everywhere, and I easily spotted the birthday boy without knowing him. On his head rested little cone hat that said birthday boy. In the middle of the room there was a refreshment table, and a little ways away Julie stood watching everyone. It wasn’t a creepy stare, but she was making sure everything was under control.

Suddenly, I loud voice rang out through the room. “Now that everyone is here,” Landon said grumpily, “we can get to the good stuff.”

He nodded towards Owen and the cook took the microphone from his hands. “So, like the seniors know, every year we have a scavenger hunt all around camp that lasts about three days. In those three days, the partner you are grouped with will help you find clues around the camp. Each team will be assigned a color, and can only get a clue from their color card. Now, the first team to finish the whole scavenger hunt will be given some privileges.”

The boys looked around at each other wondering what the grand prize was. “The prize this year will be a free week, in which during that week you make your own schedule. This also includes three days in which you are allowed to leave the camp grounds.”

As soon as the words left Owen’s mouth, the room went crazy. Boys cheered and instantly I could see the determination in their eyes. They all wanted the prize.

“Do we get to pick our teammates?” Gavin called out from next to me.

Owen’s eyes darted to him and he frowned. “Sorry to say, but you won’t get to pick your own partner. But, since we have an odd number of guys, that means Mia gets to play.”

I thought I heard a little sarcasm in Owen’s voice, but his eyes starred back at me with seriousness. “You’re joking right?”

He shook his head. “Oh come on Mia, it will be fun, you’ll enjoy it.

I frowned.

No.

I.

Won’t.