Gone.

Hey everyone, hope you enjoyed the last chapter;) Haha just kidding I know you all hated it I’m sorry but I had too!!!

Anyway, here’s the next one. Comment and vote please!

My heart thumped against my chest as I scrambled to my feet again. Fighting the wave of dizziness that washed over me, I ran in the direction I saw Landon leave.

“Mia where you going?” Derek called to me.

I ignored the sound of my name being called as I entered the tree line. A trail winded through the forest, and without thinking twice I broke out in a run. Even though I was a little tipsy I was able to run pretty fast.

Until my foot hit a tree root and I practically flew three feet before landing on my hands and knees. Cursing under my breath, I got back up and brushed the dirt from my knees.

“What the hell Mia?”

I spun around to face a very confused Gavin. “I have to go,” I said before turning back around.

Gavin grabbed my arm and pulled me back so I couldn’t escape. “What is going on? Stop this what the heck!”

Squeezing my eyes shut I tried to block out the constant thumping in my head. Why did Landon have to see that? It was only a stupid dare. Hell, I didn’t even want to kiss stupid Daren or whatever his name is. The only thing I could even think about was Landon and now everything’s ruined.

“Mia will you listen to me?”

I opened my eyes and looked at Gavin. Holding back the urge to scream out in frustration I shook my head. “I knew I should have stayed in.”

Gavin shrugged his shoulders. “The kiss was a dare I’m not mad.”

“I don’t care that you saw the kiss Gavin! He saw it!”

The words slipped from my mouth before I could even think about them. The hurt on Gavin’s face was clear as he turned to leave.

What are you thinking Mia? “No I didn’t mean that Gavin, I swear I just—“

“Just go find him and leave me alone.”

Without another word he spun around and marched back towards the party. Sighing, I slumped down onto the ground and slammed my fist against the nearest tree. Pain throbbed up and down my arm and tears filled my eyes but I barely let out any sound.

Great Mia, you just managed to ruin and two friendships and a possible relationship in one night. This is why you don’t go to stupid parties with stupid boys and stupid drinking games. I leaned up against a tree and held my throbbing hand close to my chest.

With my knees bloody and scraped I probably looked like one big hot mess. No wonder both Gavin and Landon ran away…

No they ran away because you are a big old bitch.

Why did I always have to go and ruin everything? I started tonight thinking I patched everything up with Gavin and now I just went and ruined everything we fixed. Yeah, I couldn’t help that he liked me but I didn’t have to be so mean about it. I really didn’t mean what I said; it just slipped out in such a desperate moment.

Why am I so good at messing everything up? It’s like my whole life I’ve only been good and ruining things. Ever since first grade when I accidently pushed Kyle Merks out of the school play set and he broke his arm I’ve been destined to mess up everything.