𝑹𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅 ⭒

┌───── •✧✧• ─────┐
-PRESENT-
└───── •✧✧• ─────┘

• ₊°✧︡˗ˏˋ ⭑ ˎˊ˗

• ₊°✧︡˗ˏˋ ⭑ ˎˊ˗

"Joshua! Come back. We miss you here" he heard Ashley say from the other end of the phone. "You know I want to Ash, I miss LA so much but I'm stuck here now" he could imagine Ashley rolling her eyes at that.

"Yeah, Mr Navera is an ass and you're a bigger ass for letting him move you to the Seoul branch" Ashley said, making Joshua slightly laugh. "As the head of the Seoul branch!" he stated as Ashley scoffed.

"You'll be so lonely there and without me, your certified best friend" Joshua didn't want to leave his life in LA, his family and his friends but he was also excited about what Seoul would have to offer him. He knew Korean well, so he wasn't afraid about a language barrier, but he was worried about whether he'd fit in or not.

He was Korean but was born and raised in LA, so he never had a connection to Korea other than the holidays he would spend with his grandparents in Incheon. Now he was assigned the role of the head of the Seoul branch of 'Red thread'.

Joshua loved his job and especially what it did for others. 'Red thread' was a matchmaking service of sorts that sought to find a client's soulmate. They considered everything from personality type to visual preferences and even past life predictions.

Joshua was their best employee with a perfect success rate. 'Red thread' had a wide popularity in LA that they decided on making branches in other parts of the world from England, Australia, China and even Korea.

Joshua was more than ready to relocate to Korea to start the operation as the department head, but he wasn't too happy about having to leave his mom alone. Nevertheless, he believed in what he did. He believed that soulmates existed.

Joshua wanted to put his love life on hold to focus on his work, but he was always ready to open up his heart to that person if they ever came into his life. Unfortunately, he wasn't good at dating. Many people had crushes on him for sure, but he always found a way out of getting into a relationship because it never felt right.

He always had Ashley to keep him company, so he didn't feel the need to bring anyone else into his life. Joshua's train of thought was interrupted by Ashley's shouting, "Josh, you aren't even listening to me!" she said in disappointment.

"Yes yes, you met a cute boy right? See, I listened" Joshua said, remembering bits and pieces of the conversation. "Yes and I'm going to go on a date with him in about 4 hours, so I need to get ready and you're going to sit there and pray to all gods that your lovely best friend finally found the right guy" Ashley exaggerated, and Joshua nodded approvingly.

"Love you Ash, don't scare the guy" Joshua teased before hanging up and turning to his laptop to open their official website. "Let's see what you have for me, Seoul."

 ⭑ ───── ♛ ───── ⭑

"Well I happen to love this medicine, miss" Jeonghan said as he pushed a spoonful of medicine towards the little girl. She looked at it once before shoving it right back.

"I don't want it!" Jeonghan looked satisfied as he took the spoon back. "Okay then, more for me" Jeonghan brought the spoon up to his lips, waiting for a reaction from the little girl.

"Wait!" Jeonghan put the spoon down in accomplishment as he moved closer to the girl. Yes, miss?" He asked innocently. "I want some too. Give it to me" she said, opening her mouth up for Jeonghan.

Jeonghan quickly gave her the medicine before she could change her mind. "Yuck! You tricked me" she said, pinching Jeonghan's sides. "Ah-ah, I'm sorry" Jeonghan laughed as he was getting tackled by the girl.

"Is she causing you trouble, nurse?" He heard a voice from the doorway and looked up to see the girl's mother. "No Mrs Lim, Jiun is being a sweetheart" Jeonghan said, and Jiun put her hands around his neck and hugged him to prove Jeonghan's statement.

"Sure she is" her mother said sarcastically as she came to sit next to them. "She'll be fine to go home in about two days, luckily the tests are all negative and it was just a tiny flu" Jeonghan said as he ruffled Jiun's hair.

"I'm happy you're always here, Mr Yoon. With Jiun's immune system, we have to visit the hospital frequently and her having a friend like you here makes her feel safe, so thank you" Jeonghan just dismissed her words as he hugged Jiun back.

"Why are you thanking me, Mrs Lim? Me and Jiun are besties" Jeonghan said, putting his hand up for a high five, which Jiun happily gave. "Yeah Eomma, I love Nurse Oppa" she said, pulling Jeonghan's cheeks.

Jeonghan looked at Mrs Lim once reassuringly before continuing to play with Jiun and her dolls. "This is Minhyuk, and Minhyuk is in love with Siyeon" Jiun explained to Jeonghan as she placed the Siyeon doll into his hands.

"Are you in love, Nurse Oppa?" Jiun asked, making Jeonghan choke on his spit. "If I'm lucky, I'll never be" Jeonghan said, trying to change the topic. "But don't you want to be with the love of your life and marry them and have babies!?" Jeonghan tried to hold back a laugh as the question rolled out of Jiun's mouth.

"I don't believe in all of that, and I'm too annoying for someone to marry me" Jeonghan wiggled his eyebrows, and Jiun shook her head. "You're pretty and nice and you're my friend, you're not annoying and your soulmate is lucky" Jiun said seriously, making Jeonghan burst out laughing.

"Okay and if I don't find this soulmate, then I'll just marry you" Jeonghan said, making Jiun blush. "Fine!" She said as she pushed the dolls back into Jeonghan's hand. Jeonghan looked at the little girl before thinking over her words, "As if soulmates exist."

☆★━━━━━━━━━━━━★☆