𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 ❀

┌───── •✧✧• ─────┐
-PAST-
└───── •✧✧• ─────┘

• ₊°✧︡˗ˏˋ ⭑

• ₊°✧︡˗ˏˋ ⭑

"I can't stop staring at you, something is wrong with me" Jisoo spoke out loud as he watched Jeonghyun brush his hair. "You have completely lost your mind prince Jisoo, I need to go see Seungkwan today. I haven't seen him for a while" Jeonghyun turned around so that he was looking at Jisoo.

"But you're supposed to be guarding me" Jisoo sulked and got up to go and wrap his hands around Jeonghyun. "You have to be with the princess all of today so I'm going to go see my friend" Jeonghyun placed his hand on Jisoo's cheek while looking at him through the mirror.

Jisoo had his eyes shut as he tightened his hold on Jeonghyun. "Let's go somewhere, we'll come back in time for me to give the princess company and for you to go see your friend" Jeonghyun looked at Jisoo questioningly before finally agreeing.

"We should go to the stables then, I love horses and I want to go on a ride" Jisoo wanted to dismiss the idea knowing that he was terrified of horses but he had to get over his fear eventually as he had to be the king and this would be the perfect opportunity.

"Okay then" Jeonghyun's face lit up with excitement and he quickly tied his hair up. "I could kiss you right now" Jeonghyun said without thinking too much. Jisoo's hand twisted around Jeonghyun's waist before pulling him close.

"Then kiss me" Jeonghyun moved closer so that his lips lightly grazed Jisoo's. "I guess you'll have to catch me for it" he spoke with a smirk before running out the door and leaving Jisoo behind.

"Where have you been all my life?" Jisoo stepped out of his room with a wide grin and instead of being greeted by Jeonghyun's smile, he came face to face with the curious look on his brother's face.

"Jisung, what are you doing here?" Joshua asked concerned when he noticed how Jisung kept looking behind him. "I was playing with my friends earlier and they said that you're going to marry the princess and then you'll go to China" Jisung hugged Jisoo in an attempt to make him stay.

"Hyung you can't leave! You're the only family I have, please don't leave" Jisung sobbed into Jisoo's hanbok. Jisung never had any of the restrictions that Jisoo did, since he wasn't going to be crowned king, he was allowed to have friends and live his life, but he always loved his brother more than anything. Joshua sighed before hugging Jisung back.

"I'm not going to go anywhere, I'm the future king of Silla and I belong here" Jisoo said making Jisung calm down to an extent. "Where are you?" Jeonghyun's voice asked gaining both of the princes' attention.

"Jaemin and the others would start looking for me, I better go" Jisung wasn't really good with meeting new people and Jisoo caught on to him trying to escape. "Jeonghyun, I don't think you've met my brother yet? Jisung this is my Jeonghyun, isn't he pretty?" Jeonghyun approached the two with a smile on his face.

"No I don't think I have, how have I not? It's been so long since I've been here" Jeonghyun was confused about why he hadn't even known that Jisung existed. "It's okay, I don't talk to people much. Hyung seems to like you so I like you too" Jisung said before turning to Jisoo and whispering something in his ear before running away.

"He isn't legitimate, so he isn't considered a part of the royal family according to mother. He's not her son, his mother was my father's mistress and she died during childbirth" Jisoo said as he felt Jeonghyun take his hand. "He's your brother who loves you very much and I think he's the second person I've actually liked meeting since I came here" Jeonghyun said as he watched the boy laugh with his friends.

"He whispered that he thought you were pretty" Jisoo said making Jeonghyun blush.
"And tell me who's the first person you've liked since you came here?" Jeonghyun looked at Jisoo like he was crazy. "Who do you think it is? It's clearly you" Jeonghyun shook his head in mock disappointment before walking ahead. "Let's go horse riding already!"

 ⭑ ───── ♛ ───── ⭑

"Junhui ge please, let's not!" Meihua begged as Junhui dragged her towards Jisoo's chambers. "I don't see this alliance working if both of you refuse to see each other" Meihua shook her head and tried to walk in the opposite direction.

"He said he'll come to see me later in the day" Junhui ignored her as he went to open Jisoo's door. "If he's not going to treat you well then I'm not going to let him marry you" Junhui said before pushing the door open expecting to see Jisoo but was shocked to see an empty room.

"See, he must've been busy! I told you we are going to see each other later" Meihua took her hand out of Junhui's before walking out the door. Junhui nodded reluctantly and was about to leave when his eyes caught a piece of paper lying on Jisoo's vanity.

Junhui was a scholar and new Korean rather well, he picked up the paper and his eyes widened when he read through it. "Jeonghyun?" Junhui tried remembering someone by that name and his eyes widened remembering the boy following the prince around.

"It couldn't be?" Junhui placed the paper back in its original place before walking outside to his sister. "What were you doing in there?" Meihua asked as she looked behind her brother. Junhui shut the doors and looked at his sister with concern filling his eyes.

"Do you like him, do you like the prince?" Junhui asked looking at his sister hoping what he read was somehow untrue. "I do, he would be a good husband" Junhui smiled at his sister knowing that he had to do something.

He couldn't let her be with him if he was in love with that boy. He couldn't let her be miserable. "Hua, I need to do something" Junhui hugged his sister before walking away from her towards the stables.

☆★━━━━━━━━━━━━★☆