Chapter 22

Into the Household

(Izuku POV)

The car ride was no longer than an hour but not lesser than thirty minutes. It wasn't awkward. Fuyumi, my sister, didn't push everything with the questions. Just some few about how was I with Mom (Inko Midoriya). I didn't really bother, the hospital and my friends helped me with the sensitive topic. I answered how I felt like I should answer. 

She seems to be like a mother. I just felt that way around her. Just as I thought that, she brought up stories on how she takes care of our siblings. I don't know the full story yet but they say they'll tell me when they're ready, same goes for me. Must be messed up while I was not around. I decided to leave it at that. 

Right now, I'm standing in front of a somewhat traditional styled house. The garden was amazing. and quite big. It was perfect on relaxing, taking a fresh air, and planting. Then, at the corner of my eye, I saw Rindous. My favorite flower. Forgetting what I was waiting for or what I was even supposed to do, I ran to the flowers.

I started checking out their petals and kept being mesmerized. 'Their pretty' do they like Rindous too?

(Third POV)

Fuyumi was about to go in but he saw Izuku, not beside her but at the Rindou flowers. She's reminded of their mom at the sight. Back then, Fuyumi could remember Rei kneeling down the same way Izuku does. 'So, she's got mom's personality huh?' She thought as she smiled at the sight. Forgetting what she was doing and mesmerized by Izuku. 

Meanwhile, the boy's waiting inside (who's supposed to welcome Izuku) got impatient. They swear they heard Fuyumi nearing the door already. So what's taking them so long? They decided to just go out and welcome him outside. 

The moment they went out, they saw the redhead at the Rindous area. Kneeling and touching the petals as if their so precious, which are for them. Enji, Shoto, Natsuo, and Fuyumi, now looking at the youngest member of the family. 

Suddenly, Izuku came to, and realized that he was distracted. "Oh.. hello.." He greeted as he meet eyes with the other Todoroki's 

"Izuku.." Natsuo let out. Without hesitance, he ran to the boy and pulled him in a hug. Despite the cold quirk Natsuo holds, the hug is warm and comfy. Filled with love in the emotions. he knows their family. Izuku hugged back. Natsuo pulled the younger to the house and went in with the others. For now, Izuku is quiet. He doesn't know what to call them.. and he doesn't know how to initiate a conversation without calling Shoto just Shoto and Enji Endeavor from the patrols and school hours.

They sat on the table. It was awkward in all honesty. "Izuku.." the young red head looked to Shoto. "You don't seem curious.." the older twin chuckled. Izuku slightly blushed. "uh- well.. I don't know what to call you personally.." At least now everybody else got the idea. 

"Well, I'm starting to think something is wrong with us." Natsuo said. Fuyumi gave him a glare. Enji sighed both in relief and anger. If that was even possible. Their aim is to worry Izuku less. Better yet not worry him completely. 

They want to make Izuku feel like he's a part of the family. Not who just barged in who happen to have the same blood as them. And definitely not a burden. "Well, Izuku, call me nee-san or just Fuyumi. Either way, I'd appreciate. Shoto calls me both." Fuyumi started. "I want to be called Nii, I always wonder how that would feel like but Shoto just calls me Natsuo." 

"Shoto is fine actually. Call me whatever you want Izu.." Izuku shrugged. He'd be calling Shoto a lot of nicknames.(not offending ones obviously) "...call me dad when you start being comfortable.." was all Enji let out. Izuku nodded. After dinner, he offered to help Fuyumi, even though she declined the offer, Izuku managed to wash the dishes with her. 

In those minutes, they manage to converse and get to know about each other. Izuku grew curious of mom (Rei), so she put in small details. She wanted Izuku and their mother to have something to talk about.

After cleaning, he decided to check where Natsuo is. He found himself in a room with one Batsudan. Natsuo was kneeling in front and looks to be praying. When the white haired finished, Izuku moved closer. "Natsuo-nii.." The older was surprised at the given nickname but decided to listen more. "Is he a brother too?"

Natsuo nodded. "Izuku, this is Touya.. you probably don't remember him much if ever you remember us playing together. He was always with.. fa-dad.. training." Izuku nodded then looked at the picture. "Touya-nii. I'm Izuku." He greeted and turned to his white haired brother. "I-is there something on my face?" Izuku asks. The other shook his head no. "You know, your picture is also here before.. I've always prayed and wished you to be here with us. But, now.. looking at you now, you're real and.. and not a dream. It feels different. I'm happy.." He said as he ruffles the locks of Izuku. "How about I take you out tomorrow?" Natsuo offered, Izuku gave a small nod. 

⩿⪀⩿⪀⩿⪀⩿⪀⩿⪀⩿⪀⩿⪀

"Shoto?.. can we have a sleep over at my room?" Izuku asks. His head poking from the door. Shoto just nodded. And brought his pillows. As the two are at peace doing their twin thing, a problematic dad is stressing in his room.

Enji Todoroki is unsure how to talk to Izuku.. sure they've talked as student and mentor during patrols in the internship but, not personally as a father and son, plus it was completely professional back then. 

"what can I do?" he muttered to himself.