Chapter 39

Reunited

"Is he really?"

Izuku POV

Blue flames. It's what I remember best about him.

I don't remember most of his face. Nothing about his outer appearance flashes in my memories. Everything is a blur.

But what I do remember about him is his indescribable warmth. Never sure whether it's his quirk, or maybe he's just that tender as an older sibling.

And the picture on the butsudan would be the only reference I have.

I've seen him before. Countless times during work studies. I was worried but Dad only ignored him. He called the stranger a stalker and he won't take action or file any complaints unless he started attacking. He disappeared after a few days but his silhouette is incredibly iconic. Dabi. And I'm sure Father knows of this. 

Alas. He appeared in front of me. This time, Aizawa sensei had invited him to the dorms. That silhouette I saw back then he's here now.

"A person with the same situation as us." I thought. Maybe that's the reason he was following us around. I wouldn't question anything about him. I wouldn't question how he seems to know more than he says about our situation. I wouldn't question it because he works as a high-rank underground hero for the HPSC.

At this very moment, he appears in front of me and claims to be my brother. Who was thought dead all these years? All my eyes could do was water in happiness. Slowly, memories seem to be getting clearer.

Dabi stood in front of us. The villain turned out to be an ally. An ally that turned out to be my brother. But he's no Dabi. He's "Touya..." Ah, Natsuo-nii couldn't help but sob.

"I have different plans. But you seem to have reached the goal first."

Touya says, seemingly deadpan.

'is that supposed to be me?' an unspoken question but as fast as lightning could move, I was pulled into a hug by Touya-nii. "Izuku... I've been looking everywhere for you."

I can't help it. Tears on my cheeks as I give much thought to those words. 'The whole family must've looked for me, waited, just like Touya-nii.'

I returned Touya's hug. I held on tight and relished the warmth. "You must've.. suffered.. a lot," I say between sobs.

3rd POV

It wasn't long before the whole family got their share of the moment. Natsuo-nii hogged older Touya with questions and Nee-san slapped the poor older brother and Mother trying to stop her. Nevertheless, it all ended awkwardly with Enji and Touya not knowing what to say to each other.

Izuku couldn't take the silence and the cumbersome atmosphere. With Enji and Touya not looking at each other's eyes, might as well not reunite! Izuku isn't completely tactless though. (While many beg to differ), He can see Touya's comfort being in the presence of family again and Enji's relief that Touya's alive and well. Even better that he's back! 

So Izuku took action.

Despite being apathetic at most times, Izuku has a secret weapon that he rarely uses to get what he wants.

With a doe-eyed look at Touya and Dad, trying to sound much vulnerable as possible, "Touya, Dad missed you lots you know?"

And with that, Touya hugged their old man and chose to forgive. For now.  

The crowd wanted them to have this moment. Really they do but HSPC is still a working facility that runs twenty-four-seven. And they've sacrificed a whole floor for an important request for important people.