Chapter 12

Shoto's promise

Shoto heard what happened to Izuku. He didn't know why but he has this urge to visit him. Weekend came and to satisfy that urge, he hurried his way to the hospital after breakfast. Besides, someone should give the list of recruits to Midoriya.

Once there he was met with Bakugou, again. This time, the blonde wasn't coming out but coming in the hospital. "Icy hot? WHAT'RE YOU DOING HERE?"

"Quiet Bakugou, were at the hospital."

The blonde gave a "tch" with crossed arms and furrowed brows. Looking back at Todoroki again, "What are you doing here..?" he asked again.

"well, someone needs to bring this to Midoriya.." Shoto shows the list of agencies that Izuku can choose on. "then let's go. I'll lead the way." Katsuki walked towards the elavator followed by Shoto.

Arriving at the right floor they walked down the hall a little more, then there's the door that says 'Midoriya' on it. The doctor that just came out Midoriya's room saw Shoto and said, "I didn't know Izuku has a brother.." This caught both boys attention. "Oh.. Dr. Hitsume, he's just a classmate." Katsuki said. "Oh, my bad, you look kinda alike."

Dr. Hitsume, the female doctor who took care of Izuku since then, passed both boys. The two went in to see Izuku sitting and looking out the window. "Izuku." The redhead noticed  Katsuki's voice and immediately turned to him. "Hello. Oh Hi Todoroki." he greeted.

The two boys sat by Izuku's bedside with the available seats. "Aizawa gave me your list of recruits." Shoto said as he handed Izuku the papers. "There's so many!!" the red head exclaimed showing some emotions of excitement. After looking through the list, Izuku chose Endeavor Agency.

"Then, I'll tell my father." Shoto said.
He noticed that Izuku felt empty. Despite showing lack of emotions, Izuku was always filled with determination. This time, Izuku was empty. No flames of fight in him can be seen.

Katsuki noticed the pity look Shoto is giving Izuku. He immediately pulled the staring boy out the room. "Izuku excuse us for a minute." He said before closing the door.

"What are you doing?" Shoto asked. "Don't look at Izuku like that."

"Like what?"

"with pity.."

Shoto was shocked for a moment.
"He's been diagnosed with depression for the meantime. That's why I can't leave his side. during day time I am here, mom takes over at night. Aizawa would visit every ten minutes before his patrol."

"Depression?" Shoto asked even more shocked, but hid his emotion inside.

Katsuki nodded. "I.. we saw him, Aizawa and I decided to break in his home. It was a mess, his quirk was all over the place, empty ramen cups scattered on the floor.. The last thing we saw horrified us. Izuku was in his own puddle of blood.. With cuts. He can't seem to remember the time when he cuts."

"Bakugou, why are you telling me this?" Shoto asked.

The blonde sighed. "he doesn't want anyone looking at him with pity. He hates it just as much as I do. I don't know why, but I think he got it from his original family.."

Shoto then understands. His phone rang and he saw Fuyumi was the caller. "Tell Izuku that I'll take my leave." he said then waved bye at Bakugou. He then answered the call.

"Fuyumi?"

"Shoto.. Father found something.."

"I don't care abou-" He got cut off.

"Please.. All I want is for a family again.." He couldn't ignore his sister's pleading. So he hang up and went home.

At the Todoroki household, Enji, Fuyumi, and Natsuo are gathered at the dinner table. The front door opens revealing Shoto. The boy immediately saw the file on the table.

"What's that DNA results?" He asked the three. "Izuku.. Is alive." Enji said.
"He's your classmate Shoto." he added. The boy exactly knew who he was talking about. Fuyumi and Natsuo were happy and smiling, even though they try to hide it.

"He doesn't deservw this family then.." He said shocking Enji. "I kno-"

"If he really is my brother, I don't want him here." Shoto repeated.
"What are you saying Shoto..!" Fuyumi exclaimed. "He has Depression and this family will only make that WORSE!" He shouted angrily at the three.

"wh-what..?" Natsuo stuttered out. "Shoto. What do you know?" Enji asked. "He has depression. His adoptive mother died only just recently, specifically the day of the sports festival. That's why his quirk was uncontrollable then. He's amnesia is being treated, I don't want to ruin the recovery." he explained. "I don't even want him in your agency. But I can't do anything about his choice."

Enji was shocked that the boy would pick his agency. "I made a promise.." Shoto said. The three listened intently.  "I promised Mrs. Midoriya to make sure Izuku was safe and happy with his new family. That's why I couldn't let him here.."

"Shoto..." Fuyumi and Natsuo let out.

"Shoto, let me make things right. Let's start by taking care of Izuku.. Then your mo-"

"Father, This family isn't what Izuku needs. About mom.. I'll start visiting her." this statement shocked Fuyumi and Natsuo. "Really?" was they both let out. Shoto nodded.

"Prove to me you changed, then I'll let Izuku stay here.. Dote on him, care for him, make up everything on us. Do anything you want but, don't rush Izuku's memories and tell him we're family. Not yet..." Shoto said.

'Shoto... Thankyou for this chance!!' was Endeavors thoughts at the moment. 'Enji, this is your one time chance. Everything will be fixed..'

With that, Izuku was set on Endeavor's agency so is Shoto. Aside from accepting his flames, he also wants to keep an eye on Izuku and Endeavor. In the teacher's lounge of UA, Aizawa is making a call to Endeavor. Finally the nonstop talking assistant gave the phone to Endeavor. "Endeavor speaking."

"Endeavor, this is Shota Aizawa, Eraserhead, Homeroom of 1A." Aizawa said.

"Did Shoto cause any trouble?" the flame hero asked. "No, it's about Izuku Midoriya. He chose your agency, but he's gonna join you late."

"It's okay, I heard from Shoto. Aizawa, I need your help with something. I hope we can arrange a meeting." Endeavor said. Aizawa was surprised at the sudden call, but heroes do have unexpected work so he thought it was about hero work. "Where do you want to meet?"

"My office will be fine." Endeavor said ending the call immediately after. Aizawa shrugged. The erasure hero decided to visit Izuku that night. When he opened the door to his hospital room he was surprised to see Shoto aside from the Bakugous.

"Todoroki, what are you doing here?" He sighed. "Visiting my- a classmate sensei, I'll be off a bit later as Katsuki." Shoto said. Shoto couldn't say to Aizawa that Izuku is his brother, the latter would hear. Izuku knowing was what Shoto is avoiding. Aizawa looked at Katsuki who was fixing his stuff about to go home with Masaru.

Suddenly, Izuku winced a bit catching everyone's attention. They all looked at the red head holding his forehead
"Izuku! Are you okay?" Katsuki asked leaving his packing on hold and rushed beside Izuku. "J-just a memory.." He said, "what did you see now? Asked Katsuki.

"Fire... In a.. traditional room..? Also shouting.. And sirens." Shoto went wide eyed, he immediately looked away. Katsuki noticed this and made a mental note to talk to Todoroki later. "Well, Don't mind too much about those flashes okay? The doctor said everything will come together in peices." the red head nodded then yawned. "Midoriya, you need rest, Mitsuki will stay with you like usual. The rest of us will go. Get better soon." Said Aizawa.

"You go at the front Entrance Katsuki, I'll get the car from the parking lot and pick you up there." Masaru said. Katsuki complied amd walked out saying goodbye to Izuku. Todoroki followed him out.

Walking the halls of the hospital, Katsuki started a conversation.

"What is Izuku to you? I know you know something we don't."