Chapter 38

"Is he really?"

"Izuku"

The younger twin turned to see Natsuo and gave a very small smile. The smile was soft but the traces of sorrow was evident. The older sighed and walked inside the room with one butsudan. He kneeled beside Izuku and ruffled the gradient locks. "Don't feel too down about it."

"I wish he could be here too." The monotone might've fooled him but Natsuo knows better. A moment of silence before another voice joined them. "Dinner is getting cold what are you still doing- oh..."

Shoto silently walked and then kneeled at the other side of Izuku. He's not sure where the conversation ended but he does know what it's about and what to say about it. Like Natsuo, he put a hand on the gradient hair of the youngest and ruffled it softly. "It's okay Izuku."

"It just seems so vivid."

"At least you're here. So don't feel bad because finding you gave us so much happiness. Keep that in mind Izuku." Natsuo said. His words are firm and intentionally harsh in tone to keep it ingrained in Izuku's mind. Shoto nodded, agreeing strongly with Natsuo.

It was another moment of silence before the door opened again. "Natsuo, Shoto! Next time don't offer to call Izuku for dinner if you're just gonna stay here with him." Fuyumi scolded.

"Sorry nee-san! It's my fault. I still feel bad about it."

"Don't say that Izuku!" Fuyumi ran to the youngest shoving Natsuo aside. "It's okay to miss Touya! we do too, really! But we're also happy you're here. Okay?"

Fuyumi hugged Izuku tight, forgetting her mission to bring her brothers downstairs for dinner. Natsuo and Shoto thought it would be awkward to split the two apart or even talk. So after another moment of silence...

"Fuyumi. Your job was to bring them down what happened? The food's getting cold."

Enji appeared at the door. "No need to worry about that. You'll heat it up anyways."

While that did make sense Enji still doesn't think that they should delay dinner any longer. And thank goodness Izuku's stomach thinks so too. With a growl heard, everyone can agree that Izuku needs to eat.

They all went down to the dining table met by a lovely Rei Todoroki who was cooling her soba. "It doesn't seem like there's a need to heat the food," Shoto said.

"Well mind you, I prefer hot soba than cold."

Natsuo argued as he sat beside Rei. "I cooled yours and Izuku's. I know you both like it cold."

"Thanks, Kaa-san." They both said. Earning them a smile from Rei.

Enji looked at the dinner table, everyone was content in their own ways. He can tell. This is enough. Nothing has to change and he shouldn't ask for more. This is far more than enough. Finding Izuku is a miracle. Finding Touya seems like a far cry. And looking for him might bring false hope. That's why right now. He is content

⨳⨳⨳⨳⨳⨳⨳⨳⨳⨳⨳⨳⨳⨳⨳

"You're scarring up again."

Touya rolled his eyes. It's been another week. The commission still has no plans and Aizawa was too busy to start anything and Bakugo? Doesn't really know what a perfect reunion meant. And right now, he doesn't need an oversized chicken to bug him.

"Stop mumbling. To be fair, you are in MY apartment so it's only logical that I get to bug you."

The red-winged hero sat beside him. "It's amazing you have such control. Nothing spreads at all. My couch is perfectly safe."