Chapter 7

Inko and Shoto

Inko was relieved at what she heard. "Izuku would remember his family.."

She walked to Izuku's room as Izuku was being shot with calm sleeping serum. In the chairs next to the Izuku's hospital room door, was a sitting Shoto Todoroki. "Excuse me." she caught the boy's attention. "are you here for Izuku?"

The boy nodded. Inko looked at Shoto closely. 'The eyes, the hair color, the face shape, his ambience. Are same as Izuku' Shoto bowed. "you must be Mrs. Midoriya. I'm Shoto Todoroki, Izuku's classmate." "Hello Shoto. Izuku would be asleep for a while, are you willing to wait?" she asked. Shoto just nodded. 'at least more time away from that old man' Shoto thought.

Inko invited the boy to Izuku's room. Soon enough, nurses came in with a sleeping Izuku on a stretcher. He was carried to the bed and left there to sleep. Returning to the privacy. "Shoto.." The boy looked at Inko.

"Actually, I'm dying." this surprised Shoto. Mrs. Midoriya look so healthy, no signs of fatigue and sickness.

"Izuku would be alone.. I adopted him with the hopes of growing old and watch him be a pro hero. Unfortunately the world is cruel."

"what are trying to say Mrs. Midoriya?"

"He's memories from amnesia will come back, When he finds his real family.. I want to make a request to you.. If you don't mind.."

"what is it?"

" ... "

________________

"I'll do my best Mrs. Midoriya." Shoto said with the barely noticeable hint of determination in his face. Inko took noticed of this. "you sure are determined." Shoto tilted his head. "You are like Izuku.. The way you show expressions are barely seen. But I can read him like a book"

"Mrs. Midoriya, where did his name came from?" Shoto asks

"Well, when I found Izuku, it was just months after my husband died. After adopting him, I named Izuku what my husband wanted to name our child."

Shoto hummed in response. Soon after, Izuku started to shuffle in his sleep. Then tears started to form.. "Izuku. Izuku!" Inko called to wake him up. The boy jolted awake for the many times this day. "Is it that bad dream again?" she asked. Izuku just nodded at her. "oh.. Your friend is here." Izuku looked at where his mother pointed. "Todoroki kun?" "hello Midoriya." he said in monotone voice. "Hello" Izuku returned with a smile.

Somehow, Izuku looked different in Todoroki's eyes. Instead of a strong classmate, like he had seen in the USJ and at school, he was a little boy who longed for something. But content is still visible in his eyes. 'He must've love Inko San.' Shoto thought. 'how is he gonna cope with her passing?'

For now, Shoto let the idea drop out of his head and just wait for the time Izuku needs comfort. He took his leave for now, he didn't want to take much up of Inko's time with his adoptive son. He waved them goodbye and both mother and son thanked him for coming.

Shoto now on the way out of the out of the hospital, saw his sister. Fuyumi.
"Fuyumi? What are you doing here?"
He asked. "Shoto, I'm here to see mom. Wanna come with?" she asked. Shoto shook his head no as his brows are furrowed.

"I thought mom is in the mental?" he asked. "Well yeah, the mental building is behind building B of this hospital." "oh. Ok."

"how about you, what are you doing here?" Fuyumi asked curiously.

"someone interesting from class got hospitalized." Shoto said blandly. "Is it a girl~" She asked, teasing her little brother. "no." another answer with a bland voice. "geez Shoto, you're no fun." She pouted at his aloof brother. "If there's nothing else, then I'm going.." With Shoto's statement of leave, Fuyumi felt heartbreak. She couldn't take this coldness between all of them. As she watch Shoto exit the hospital, her thoughts couldn't ignore the want to be with Touya.

The week break passed and students are to attend school. Midoriya didn't need to spend long wait in the hospital bed. He was discharged the day after Todoroki visited him. Well, Aizawa forced his way out of the hospital and his coworkers just gave up on him. Even Nezu!

In the Midoriya apartment, coughs can be heard from the Kitchen. "Mom, are you okay?" Izuku asks as he notice the roughness of his mother's throat. "Drink water okay? maybe it's dry throat." He said as he put his shoes on. "okay dear! good luck at school!" she waved by to her son from the kitchen. "Love you mom!"  "Love you too!". Izuku happily walked to UA.

The classroom was noisy and chaotic as usual when he entered. Then just behind him, a gruffy voice spoke behind him. "How are you Midoriya?" Izuku looked back with a bit of stunned face, but relaxes no more than a second. How could he not? his Sensei is still covered in bandages looking like a mummy. "I-i'm okay sensei.." he said. "How about you sensei?" "Well, it's better here than the hospital." Aizawa said as they both walk in. "SENSEIIII!??!!!!" The class shrieked. "sensei! should you really be working right now?" Aizawa sighed. "He thinks it's better here than the hospital." Izuku answered for Aizawa. The dull teacher was secretly grateful for that. "Go to your seats." 

"In the next two weeks, The UA sports festival will be held." their  teacher said. "Aizawa sensei, is it really okay for the sports festival to continue?" 

"The UA's sports festival is an important event on par with the olympics. We can't just cancel it. Plus, we'll just be giving what the villains want by doing that." The class nodded as they understood. 

"In these two weeks, I want you all to train. Since I'm too disabled to do actual lessons, Ectoplasm will take over in training you with his clones. Good luck!"

Ectoplasm came in, "okay 1A, let's go outside." The class went to the changing room then went to where Ectoplasm is. "Well, you have the whole hour to yourself with my clones, call me if they die out. I'll try to attend to you whenever I can." Ectoplasm said as he create his clones.