Chapter 17

Rei Todoroki

"Are you scared of him?" 

"..."

"Mrs. Todoroki, You need to tell us something in order to help you." The doctor said.

"yes.." 

"Did he hurt you?"

"...  yes, but-" Rei was cut off. Right now, she was just sent into a room after being pulled away from her home.

"It's fine, you don't need to say more.. than yes or no. We'll take other questions to Fuyumi." Rei didn't reply and just stared to the white wall.

What was she doing here? She's not crazy.. She thinks it was normal to be scared of a monster for a husband. He's so different from when she met him, from when they were just dating, when Enji tried his best to capture her heart, and for what? for this kind of future?

Rei didn't wish for an abusive household. He just wanted a husband that will love their children who would support and care for each other. 

"He said he was happy.. Even Touya was happy with their intense training.. even though he wished he could go gentler so why? why did he want more?" She mumbled underneath her breath sitting on the bed.

It has been many years, estimated 10-12 if she remembered correctly, since she was sitting on that bed and mumbled questions under her breath.

She is traumatized and hurt, she filled himself with hate but learn to forgive through time. The only thing that's left is her fears and some sadness from the loss of her two sons. But, Izuku is alive.. this brought her an increase rate in happiness.

Shoto told her that Izuku is close to him, she loved hearing about Shoto's stories.. aside from Izuku's case, she also took interest in Endeavor's progress. Whenever Shoto visits and tells her more, he would try hide his proud face in a stoic mask which isn't new to Rei so she knew all too well how Shoto was enjoying his father's change for the better. Of course it will not pass her, Enji used to hide his emotions in that stoic mask, Rei took her time to observe and giggle it off. Ah the good days..

Today, she will face him, Enji. Even though she still fears him she's willing to face him. How will you suppress your fears if you would not face them? She sat on a chair and looked out the window watching the same view as her yesterdays.

The door opened. 

"Rei.." Enji let out. Now that she saw him, she thought she would have a break down.. cry, shout, but no. She was calm and contented. She wasn't expecting this.. 'did my fear left with my hatred?' She asked herself.

Looking at his husband, her eyes landed on the flowers he was holding. Her eyes perked up to his eyes. Now both locking in each other's soft gazes. "Rindou's..?" Enji walked towards her and gave her the purple and blue flowers.

She took them and smiled at him. "Thankyou.." 

"Rei.. I'm sorry, everything's my fault.. I- I should've known better." 

"Enji, at first, it was pure hate... and fear. Now having my time to think, I guess.. you just taught them how you were thought..." Enji's eyes widen. 

Enji never told Rei anything about his parents. The man would always avoid the subject. He was always forced to be strong, but with how his father taught him, strong is being number one or at the top. Ever since he was a young toddler, Enji was first until Middle School, he would get in trouble if he let his achievements slip. High School came and he couldn't beat All Might. This was also the time his grandparents lectured his parents, and so the beatings stopped but.. his beliefs are tampered.

Learning the hard way, here he is now fixing everything. "How did you know?" he asked.

"do you know that your mother and father came to me when they heard you're gonna marry me?" The hero shook his head no. "Well, they told me that you might not be the perfect father... I didn't pay much attention.. no one's perfect. But what you showed scared me.. I- I didn't know not being perfect came to this extent.." She said. Enji smiled and kneeled in front of her, making it the same height head to head. "I'm still not perfect but let me make things right.." He said making Rei smile. "Stop that, so cheesy.." a word learnt from Natsuo. Enji chuckled while she giggled. "Seems you're better now.." 

"yeah.. I am.."

"I hope you know that.. I'm not only doing this for Izuku.." Her eyes widened at Enji's statement. "I have to go.. I'll visit you again until they let you out okay?" She nodded at him and waved bye.

When the hero was out of sight. She cried.

Not a sad one though, she has a smile.. looking at the flowers he gave her, "I love you too.." She let out. Seeing the Aster flower in the middle of the Rindous.

Enji would give Rei an Aster flower from time to time, mostly when he comes home late from his past patrols.. He would always end up sleeping before talking to her so as an 'I love you' he ask his assistant  to deliver her small Asters. Which she would happily plant in their garden.

Rei and Enji thought that their meeting went beyond better than what they had expected.

_______________

"Sorry to keep you two waiting, is it alright if we change our schedules a little later than planned?" Enji said to his two recruits. The two brothers just nodded at him. Izuku was confused but he's willing to take some time to rest. Shoto on the other hand knew that the 'talk' went well. Now exiting the building, the two followed Endeavor in his patrol and made sure the civilians are safe from the fight Endeavor has with a villain.

In the sky, a red winged hero caught the scene. "Endeavor and his son?" then he averted his eyes then landed them on Izuku. "huh? another Todoroki?" he muttered to himself. He swore from what he heard Enji only had three sons.

So he landed on a building and rang a phone.

"hello?"

"what?" on the other line greeted. 

"ouch, so cold." Hawks said.

"Endeavor has a fourth son?" Hawks continued.

"...." The call ended. No reply from the other side.

"Well, I guess that confirms it then." Hawks said then flew off.