Chapter 10

Aftermath

Once everything can be seen clear, Todoroki is on the ground, knocked out, shivering from the cold. He uses his Ice but can never go to a temperature lower than what his powers set. In Izuku's case, just like how Endeavor can adjust the high of his flames, he can adjust the flames lower.

Both boys knocked out was brought to recovery girl. On the bed, Midoriya woke up and remembered the hospital. And so ignoring Recovery Girl, he ran out of the infirmary, changed his clothes, and made his way fast to the hospital.

The ambience of the hospital was depressing for the boy. Once arrived at the floor where her mother is said to be, he opened the door and saw the dead body of her mother. The nurses and Doctor's left the room to give him time and privacy.

Seeing his mother lifeless on the metal bed, he took her hand and cried on it. On the floor, he wasn't like his usual stoic self. His emotions are all out there, he screamed. Luckily, rooms like that are sound proof. It avoided disturbance of other parts of the hospital.

"W-why.. Didn't Y-you tell me!??.. I could've spent m-more time.. with y-you..." Izuku said in between sobs.

"N-no..wonder why you h-have those s-strange... requests.. I could've g-given more you m-more!!"

"Mom.. I-I..I did m-my best... I won.. So pleaseee!! Don't l-leave me.. You haven't even s-see me fight a v-villain yet.. Please.. Please..." Izuku's voice becomes a whisper as his pleadings end only to start a loud cry again.

It was the afternoon and the Sport's festival is almost at finish. In all honesty, Katsuki would admit he's scared facing off Izuku.. He knows that his friend is.. Different, today. But  he didn't know why. The redhead didn't tell him anything. Instead of fighting head on with Izuku, Katsuki won by default. He was happy he won, mad that he didn't get a good fight, and worried that his friend didn't show up. Izuku wasn't the type to run away. Shoto ended up second because Midoriya was gone, Katsuki at first and Tokoyami at Third.

Back at the hospital, the doctor's came to check up on Izuku.. The boy fell asleep on the floor with his head leaning beside the bed, holding his mother's hand. It was obvious that the boy cried for hours. It's already midnight and he went in there around three or four where the sun is still up.

The female doctor who checked, called a male nurse or at least someone who could help carry Izuku to a room. It's the least she can do for the pitiful kid. They offered the boy a hospital bed. "Poor kid, he cried himself to exhaustion." the male doctor said, "is he gonna be part of the foster system?" She asked him. "He's almost 16, the government allows them to be alone if they can provide for themselves.. kids his age won't usually get adopted easily." he answered. They closed the door behind them and continue with work. The next day, early morning. They check on Izuku's room but he wasn't there anymore. A note was left though. "Thankyou for providing a room." It was a simple note but admirable for someone who's suffering.

It's the weekends Izuku has all day free to himself. He chose to go home and lock himself in this mother's room. Not minding the kitchen, or any other part of the house. He took the pink cardigan in her drawer, the one she always wears. "I miss.. you.." he said as he hugged the clothing on the floor. He himself to sleep again. 

Waking up a few hours later, he stares to the wall looking at nothing but playing happy memories in his head. "I should've noticed.." he mumbled. He would go to the bathroom, drink water, sometimes thought of hurting himself.. but he knew better than that and turn away immediately. He would wrap himself in a blanket and just sit on Inko's bed. This was all he was doing until the next day.

Sunday passed fast for Izuku, the boy only cried, sleep, and bathroom the whole day. He didn't feel like going to school either. It was as if he forgot his dreams of becoming a hero. then knocks on the door were heard. It got more aggressive and aggressive as seconds pass, The red head knew that it was his blonde friend knocking on the door. He didn't wanna deal with anything so he ignored the knocks until Katsuki disappeared. He was successful at wasting the angry blonde's time that Katsuki went to school late.

At UA, the two friends are supposed to be with each other, but no Midoriya came into session. Bakugou was late, he slammed the door opened angrily and went to his seat, ignoring Aizawa. The class waited for the other tardy but no one else. Just Bakugou. "Bakugou, where's Midoriya?" Sensei asks. Bakugou shrugged. "That nerd's the reason I'm late!!" he exclaimed. "..He wasn't at home.. no one was answering their door. I couldn't reach his phone too." he said, calming down a bit. Aizawa sighed, rubbing things off as a one time thing. But boy was he so wrong.

Aizawa resumed his class. "Actually, you're just in time Bakugou. We'll be talking about agenicies that wants to recruit you. Heres the list." Aizawa showed the list to the class,  Midoriya having the most number of agencies then Shoto then Bakugou. The rest of the class also had been recruited but can't really compare to the three's number. "You have three weeks to chose. And It's time to pick hero names.. Since I'm not really the best with this type of stuff, Midnight will take over." with that, Aizawa put on his sleeping bag and slept on the floor. Then Midnight slammed the door so hard that it made a bam! "Hello 1A!" amd so, the class continued.

No show Izuku went on the whole week, up until the half of the next. And Izuku's achievements in those days is he has advanced himself to self harm, just as he thought that he knew better, he doesn't know what he was doing until it finished. All he could do after is sob his sorrys to his dead mother when he sees himself in the mirror. Yes he does eat. Instant ramen was all he ate. He gave up on the non eating spree after the fourth day of his self confinement. And due to his lack of emotion control, Izuku lacked the control of his quirk. Whenever he walked the halls tp get ramen or to the bathroom, either his cold or hot would activate.

It's now Wednesday, Izuku has locked himself up from the world 12 days straight since last saturday. Aizawa ended the class but called Bakugou to stay a little longer. He knew that the blonde has a close tie to Izuku, he couldn't allow his student to continue like this, especially a promising one. What if he's in danger? That's what worries the teacher most.

"Bakugou.. How many days has Izuku lost contact?" He asked Bakugou.
"After he left from the sports festival." the blonde answers.

"Is his house locked?" Katsuki nods.
"How about her mother..?"

"I haven't heard from auntie Inko since the last time I saw her." he replied to his sensei.

"You say your family's close right? Does your mom know anything..?" Aizawa asked hoping this would lead to something.

"I don't know.. But Old Hag's been acting weird lately."

"Let me talk to Nezu.. You wait outside." Aizawa said.

After talking with Nezu, specifically asking permission to break in the Midoriya apartment, the principal nodded.

"Bakugou, we're gonna break in Midoriya's home." Bakugou wide eyed surprised at the fact that their actually gonna break in.

Meanwhile, Izuku was in another session of cutting in the bathroom.. His vision started blur, and he strated to shake..

Woops.. I-I went too d-deep. He said in a weak voice then.. *Thud!*