Chapter 34

Closer than it seems

"Why?" Touya asked the underground hero. "Just seems you could take advice from a first year." Aizawa mocked in tone, but Touya can tell that the man is serious.

Touya sighed. 'Is a first-year really capable of handling my problem?' Thought Touya. Aizawa, as if reading Touya's mind, spoke, "Remember, your problems are for you to handle, I'm bringing you to him so you could get the idea.".

"Anyways, was your hair originally black, or is it naturally white?" Aizawa eyed the younger one. "Why ask?" Touya.

"Don't know if you dyed them or their natural roots." Aizawa pointed at Touya's head. "White." was all Touya said before the two went out and made their way to the dorms. By 8:30 Bakugou would be asleep thirty minutes prior, and the rest are supposed to be doing their own stuff.

Aizawa doubts that he'll see Heights Alliance at peace by this time. After all, he has noisy kids like Mina and Kaminari, Sero and Kirishima following footsteps, and Iida is loud in scolding.

Stopping at the dorm's front door, "Before entering. I would like to warn you that duck once you open the door."

And he did duck. Dodging a flying mug as he did. He's weirded out but he's sure to thank Aizawa for saving his head. "Everyone... we have a guest. This is... Touya." The class gasped seeing the familiar villain. "He was part of the undercover mission along with Himiko. He wants rest as he finished his patrol. Get him to one of the empty rooms." Aizawa explained.

"Thanks, eye bags..." Touya muttered. Even though he didn't seem interested, he was very much looking for one particular student. Shoto. His little brother. He wonders how the kid is doing. Probably studying and all those responsibilities as father's masterpiece. Touya is still hesitant about the news about Endeavor going soft and the sight of family bonding. Every time the matter came up, news, interviews, talk on the streets, he would have mixed feelings about it. He didn't know whether he should feel happy, sad, or angry. He didn't know whether he should or shouldn't believe that the Izuku they found is real and not some impostor.

Maybe he is overthinking stuff, maybe too paranoid, but Touya would never forget how Izuku would brighten up his day. The smile that should've never left that household, The kind Izuku who would cheer him up and comfort him, one of the things that kept him from getting angry and frustrated. Call it complex but what's important is that Touya can't bear the thought of replacing his beloved brother. 

And even if Izuku's truly gone, his feelings about returning to the household are still like an unpublished book full of wrong and confusing words. 

"So who am I meeting?" Touya asked the glaring teacher. "Shoto Todoroki. Also has some father issues and in the middle of trying to forgive the man step by step." Aizawa said Touya kept up with appearances. Whistled as if something new was put in the conversation, "what in the world did the number two hero did to make his son resent him?" he asked playfully. His cold shoulder is hidden underneath the obnoxious charismatic act.

"Talk to him," Aizawa said to him before gathering attention from his students. "Anyone knows where Shoto is?" he asks tiredly. Mina, contrasting his energy gladly answered him, "He's probably with his half in his room!" Aizawa hummed and told the nearest student to lead Touya there before showing him to one of the extra rooms. Which happens to be Kirishima, who was pulled there by Sero and Kaminari.

The walk there was mostly silent. Kirishima tried to talk to the older dude who only let out a hum or a shake of a head when answering. The redhead decided to give up and keep the peace. It wasn't awkward though. Both seem to agree that there's nothing to be talked about and no exchange of words is needed. Both boys found each other cool. Kirishima stopped at the door where Shoto's name is plastered. "Here's icy hot's room Dabibro. There's an available room on the fourth-floor boy's side." Copying Bakugou's name-calling. He then left the older boy there alone.

⨳⨳⨳⨳⨳⨳⨳⨳⨳⨳

Shoto was excited. Even though this happens every night, every moment with his little twin brother was always something to look forward to. Sleepover has become a normal routine. A pattern of each other's rooms every night. Izuku went to his room to take some food stash and extra pillows. 

So when Shoto heard a knock, it was probably Izuku. Maybe he has full hands that he can't open the door. Face close to smiling, Shoto opened the door to face disappointment and confusion. Tall, Black hair with white roots, a black leather jacket, and the familiar face of a villain... he isn't Izuku. Shoto didn't really get the memo that the famous 'Dabi' was a hero spy. He was on guard ready to freeze the older boy. Dabi didn't even get past the door.

"Relax, I'm a hero!" Touya raised his hands. Shoto looked at him skeptically. "I wouldn't survive alone up to here if I were lying," Touya explained. Shoto wasn't having it, still ready to freeze the older one, "Aizawa said I could talk to you." 

"About what exactly?" "About... father issues?" 

"And why would Aizawa do that?" Shoto still not having it. "Because I'm really a hero!!" Touya exclaimed. "he is a hero." A new voice came by. Both looked at the owner of the voice. "Izuku," Shoto said. "Hi Sho, this old man is telling the truth." Izuku said as he showed 'Dabi's' hero license. "I'm only twenty-four!!" Touya exclaimed. "So your hero name is Dabi... but how does that work if Dabi is also known as a villain? don't you have a real name? your license only has your alias." Izuku eyed the hero's license. "That's because I specialize in infiltrations kiddo." Touya is calm on the outside, but internally, many thoughts are conflicting. "What kind of twenty-four-year-old has daddy issues." Shoto apathetically commented. Knowing full well the annoyance he's giving the older.

'So this is the Izuku...' Touya thought. 'he really does resemble.' 'is it really him?' more thoughts and questions rolled into his mind like unending data. Despite being so sure now, doubt still crept up to him naturally. Some smart people had the guts to approach him with a white-haired kid. Crooks specifically. Looking for someone underground wasn't exactly the smartest idea. Touya didn't notice that he was staring, only removed from his trance as Izuku waved a hand in front of his face. "are you okay? you were staring..."

"Touya-nii!! Are you okay?? you look sad."

A memory flashed. The voice of a young toddler echoed in his mind. Touya shook his head.  An attempt to clear his mind. "I'm fine." before inviting himself into the room. "Guess we can have one more person for this sleepover." Izuku flaunted the extra blankets he also brought. "Good thing I brought extra." a small smile on Izuku's face. 'Dabi' had no say about sleeping in Shoto's room.

"So, what daddy issues do you have exactly," Shoto asked, which seemed more serious than his monotone voice. "Father issues." Touya corrected pressing his tone. "Then, father issues."

"I'm not sure if he was wrong or I just blamed him for my family's misfortune."