Chapter 29

Provisional Hero License Exam 2 

(Third POV)

Class 1A was doing all good until this second year Shindo used his quirk. "You're too powerful together!!" the raven-haired yelled. He used his vibrations to shake off the ground resulting in separation for our class 1A. 

"So unfortunate!" Yelled Shindo as he felt proud of what he did. "tch, doesn't matter." Bakugou said. Looking behind him, he saw Eijiro Kirishima and Denki Kaminari. 'Maybe I can make use of this situation..' Katsuki thought. While Bakugou was stuck with his two friends (not that he would admit it), Izuku was fortunately with her brother. 

"Well, our quirks seemed to contrast each other but that doesn't mean we can't make use of it.." Izuku muttered out. "Shoto... I can't attack with my Hot Ice. Giving degree burns to other students may result in disqualification." Izuku whispered. "But did you forget that we learned how to cool that off with your Cold Fire?" Shoto replied as both of them are circling back on the back with each other being cautious of their surroundings. "oh. yeah, I forgot." Izuku monotonously replied. "so what's the plan?" Shoto asked, he is positive that his brother has a plan. "Simple really... we can eliminate as many as we can... considering stray balls that were thrown are around, I read it gives extra points at the pamphlet no one really dared to pick up on the way, while we gather as many of our classmates."

"Then start with us!" A cheery voice of Uraraka was heard. Iida following behind her greeted them. Startled, the twins jumped a bit but immediately put up stoic faces. "It's just you..." Shoto said. "Uhm... Todoroki-kun! Midoriya-Kun, What's the plan?" Uraraka said. Just seconds after that, on the other side of the twins, another pair of Iida and Uraraka came in. "Shoto! Izuku!" 

Shoto and Izuku nodded at each other understanding what to do. Picking up a couple of stray balls, Izuku looked at the first pair. "Uraraka-san, Iida-Kun... I'm afraid the plan is to... eliminate you." Izuku smiled a small one, Throwing the balls in their way, activating his quirk for countermeasures. Apart from more control on the ball, Incase this was a trap, other balls were thrown away. Which was correct intuition since Camie was there waiting for the perfect time to toss the ball at the two. Her ball just became a stray. 

"No one close to me or my classmates calls me Midoriya anymore.." He said in a monotone as he turned to Ochako and Tenya. "Well, let's find the others now," Shoto said. Izuku nodded. "I think I heard Mina at that side." Ochaki pointed. Iida backed up her claims. Since it was the only information they have for now, best to move quickly. As they make their way, Izuku said his plans. "Gather stray balls whenever you see one," Izuku said. "Isn't that against the rules though?" Iida asked as he fixes his helmet/mask. "No one really read the pamphlet... here." Izuku handed out the pamphlet to Iida. 

"well, good for us then," Iida said, fixing his helmet once again as if it was his glasses. "Izuku!" The loud whisper-yell of Mina was heard. There she is with Sero and Aoyama running towards the four.

They explained the plan to the three and handed the pamphlet. A repeat of the plan, they dodged every ball that went their way. Better yet, they catch them. Nearing a building, Momo, Jirou, Tsuyu, and Shoji went out. Izuku asks his brother to freeze the building to make sure there are fewer competitors. Just in case. Sadly, an announcement said that the Todoroki twins, Uraraka, Iida, Mina, Sero, and Aoyama should go to the waiting area. 

"May we request the following students to go to the waiting area. Both Todoroki's, Iida Tenya, Ochako Uraraka, Mina Ashido, Hanta Sero, and Aoyama Yuuga. The extra points have been put in your scores. May we request again you to go to the waiting area. I repeat may we re-"

The call repeated. "wait? additional points?" asked Yaoyorozu. The other three were confused as well. Well, they weren't the only ones. Every student is. "Here" Ashido handed the pamphlet and winked, gesturing a shush before they went out of the arena. 

Well after about thirty minutes of waiting. All of their classmates passed. The rest of that thirty minutes was just Izuku and Shoto talking to themselves. When Bakugou came in, he joined the conversation. Izuku couldn't help but look at the Shiketsu student glaring daggers at them. Specifically, Shoto. When the guy, known as Inasa, looked at Izuku, the redhead returned the glare.  

Inasa went close to them. Towering over Izuku and Shoto, his strong build didn't intimidate the twins though. "Hello." He greeted with an overly wide smile. "Let's keep the peace between our school, okay?" Inasa spoke in a cheery military-like voice. 'he's overly happy...' Izuku thought.

"yeah... peace..." Izuku muttered bored, but everyone heard. "Is he usually like that?" pointed Inasa looking a bit of a hidden disgust at the coldness of our redhead protagonist. "don't worry... he's like that." "Sorry about that." "His mood swings are really amazing you know??" "that's normal." Class 1A commented along those lines.

"TIMES UP!!" yelled an announcement. The sleepy man from the start explained the rules to the second part of the exam, What to do and what not. At the end of the explanation, he gave a special mention to Izuku and the rest who gained the extra points. Many were confused about how but the staff of the exams didn't say anything how about it.

"Well, the exams will start in five minutes. Do your best."