Chapter 9

Izuku's Rage

"OH LOOK! SOMEONES COMING OUT!  AND OUR FIRST PLACE IS... IZUKU MIDORIYA EVERYBODY!"

Present Mic announced. The crowed cheered and Shoto got second and Bakugou got third. "Look! The quirk with spiky rubies is first!! Amazing!" a guy from the crowd said as he thought it was Izuku's quirk. And more comments. Once everybody arrived,

"Now, for the next Event!!" Everyone waited intently for Midnight's announcement. "CAVALRY BATTLE!" she exclaimed. Students were quite confused, so she went on with the rules. (same rules as the anime).

Currently Izuku is now struggling finding team mates, all because of his headband that's worth Ten Million.
Fortunately, someone same as him came up. No other than Shoto Todoroki. "How about we help each other out to get to top?" Shoto says, making Izuku smile small. They almost look alike. Then, they were joined by Mei Hatsume from the support course, and Fumikage Tokoyami, their classmate. "I can handle both temperatures baby!" Mei exclaimed making Izuku chuckle a bit. "I do well in different temperature I guess.." Tokoyami said with a somewhat depressing tone. "TIMES UP! now.. Let the Cavalry Battle... BEGIN!"

_______________

Meanwhile, in the hospital.. Inko Midoriya is sitting on the bed watching his son win the obstacle raise while waiting for the nurse to come back with the sleeping serum. Aside from her many requests for Izuku, Dying in her sleep was one of her wishes. The last time Inko Midoriya was in the clinic, the doctor already gave her the amount of time she has left. So she went to Mitsuki then eventually to her son.

Right now, She's willing to accept her death and hoped Izuku for a happy life. She fell asleep after a few minutes of the serum affecting her. Her heart beat in the monitor is still normal, too early to say, as the nurse said that to her coworker.. The heart beat suddenly went wild, slow, fast, slow, slow, fast, then drop. The sound of flatline ringed in the room, aside from that, the TV which played Izuku Midoriya's team won the Cavalry Battle.

A close doctor to Inko came closer to her.. "your son won Inko.." She said holding Inko's hands, the female doctor looked at the nurse. Of course they know what to do, they covered her body and took her away from the room.

Back at the Sports Festival, Midnight was announcing break before the one on one tournament. Enji Todoroki, was waiting for his son to have a little talk with him. Instead of Shoto, he bumped into Izuku. "Oh.. You're the ruby quirk guy?" Endeavor said as he raise his brow. Izuku gave him a look that Shoto normally wears. Neutral face.  "not really.." he answered. "then what do you call your quirk?"

"Well, it won't be a surprise anymore later but.. It's Cold Flames, Hot Ice. It's basically what the name is." Endeavor's eyes widen. "you have almost the same quirk as my son." Endeavor ruffled his head. Izuku bowed at the hero then walk his own way.

Izuku went to lunch with Katsuki, and Katsuki's new found friends joined them. Namely, Kirishima, Sero, Mina, and Kaminari Denki. "Look, pairings are posted already!" Denki pointed at the big screen. After forty minutes of wandering around the festival stalls, Midnight finally announced the start of Tournament.

First battle is Izuku, who is matched up with someone who knows what he's rubies do when touched. (no it's not Hitoshi Shinsou, I won't be naming this character.) Izuku' took notice of this and just scared the boy away with his Hot Ice until he's out of bounds. He's saving his Cold flames for stronger matches. Izuku dubbed winner of the first match. His classmate Sero Hanta started making his way at the center.