Chapter 14

Realization and Interference

"Why did you decide to be a better father?" asked Aizawa. Not that people can't change, it's just, something must've brought the flame hero to reality. 

_______________

Last year, a few months before Shoto's entrance exam in February, Enji went to the mall. It was nothing special really. he happens to need something in his rest day. What he didn't expect was to see Yagi Toshinori, or All Might, the number one hero and Symbol Of Peace, with his family. 'He acts so differently towards his family and his hero form.' Enji thought. He felt somehow in pain, the sight of a young blonde girl teasing with her older brother. Toshinori holding his wife like a treasure. Walking past him were the smiles of the Yagi family. Jealous? no.. just realized something. His memories played in his head like a movie, The mistakes he made, the abuse he put upon, the cries of his kin. 

"I was the problem all along huh?" he murmured to himself. Enji became aware of himself. After that, days passed. In those past days, every night, he would dream. The dream was happy, but he would wake up sad. It's a dream where he was with Rei, deep down, he knows he loves Rei. Rei would be by his side watching the kids. Izuku was playing with Shoto, Fuyumi watching over, Touya and Natsuo debating whether who's the best brother. But Izuku would end up choosing Shoto. The sight would disappear every time then he'll wake up crying. On the other end, if there are dreams, there are nightmares. The family was complete, peaceful, laughing at the dinner table. But, where is he? he's not a part of it. He's nowhere to be seen. He would wake up crying again.

From that, he had a new dream. Forget surpassing All Might! He'll make things right slowly. Bring flowers to Rei every time he can, even though he wasn't allowed to see her he would just send them. He'll make up with the kids, he'll slowly start with Shoto, hoping Fuyumi would forgive him. Natsuo would let him talk. 

_______________

"I- saw a family... the memories flashed to me like a movie. I see and admit my mistakes, wrongs, and faults. If I want to move forward, admitting my wrongs would be the first step in changing. I won't force their forgiveness, I have to earn them.." The flame hero said. Aizawa nods. "I'll help you." the statement shocked Enji. "The kid deserves a right family. And Shoto, he won't be a great hero if he still will hold that grudge against his past. I want to see my students succeed." Aizawa said, sighing again after. Enji could've sworn the man sighed more than ten times already.

"Todoroki, Change is already an amazing thing itself. Changing for the better from the worst is almost immaculate. Like a super villain changing into a hero." Aizawa told Enji to reassure him.

After more talks, soon enough Aizawa has to take his leave. "I'll take you to him tomorrow. Act like a dad not a father." He told Enji before exiting.

Truth be told, Aizawa didn't like the man at all. Endeavor, a man who focus on the limelight. Seeing Shoto Todoroki it was obvious the man wasn't taking care of his family. Which made the underground hero hold a grudge more for some unknown reason even to himself. Maybe Aizawa just cares about family so much. He remembered his days where his family was... Unworthy to called one.

Obviously Endeavor right now was honest. He has completely forgotten about his dreamnof surpassing All Might and career the happiness of his family. Which made Aizawa like the man. Turns out they have a lot in common. Not that Enji noticed this commons but Aizawa did. The flame hero was simple minded and indeed in need of help in this messy situations. His natural born stoic ambience, the environment he grew up in. Aizawa knew of this. He once read documentary of top heroes. So Aizawa was proud of this someone is willing to change.

________________

Izuku is laying on his hospital bed, he's supposed to be sleeping but he couldn't. He was so used to Mitsuki's company, unfortunately the blonde mother isn't available. Aizawa took over. He entered the room to be met with a worried Izuku. "Why are you up?" he asked. "can't sleep."

"then what are you thinking?" the redhead shifted his head from the window and faced Aizawa. "My family.." The boy said. "You worried problem child?" Izuku hummed in agreement. "What if they don't like me?... What if they're not what I expected.. What if they're dead or gone? Incomplete..?" Shota was shocked at the long talk Izuku has made. The boy was rather reserved and always limited his speech. Even in class and talking to Katsuki.

"You... Just want a good family right?" Aizawa said. The boy nodded. Aizawa sat down on the chair available at the bedside. "I know I must not interfere but. I know who your family is.." He said catching Izuku's full attention. "You're closer to them than you thought. It's just, they have problems to fix first before bringing you in."

"what do you mean problems?" Izuku tilted his head.

"you'll find out soon but know that they are doing their best to provide you a healthy environment." Aizawa said. "You should sleep."

"Then, if they're doing their best for me.. That's more than what I could ask for. It eased my worries that they still want me." Izuku told Aizawa before closing his eyes.

'I made the right choice.. Izuku is forgiving. Telling him this will help him understand.' Aizawa thought as he slowly hear the red head's snores.

Meanwhile.. In Shoto's bedroom, he is debating whether he would stick to his word in visiting their mother or not. Not visiting her for all these years was already guilt building in him. "What kind of son am I?" he whispered to himself. Laying on his back, Shoto was ready to sleep. He reminded himself to visit Midoriya after internships.

________________

Aizawa was talking to the doctor before he take his leave to UA. He still has a teaching job you know..

"recovering Amnesiac patients like Izuku would probably remember most of their memories before the incident. I know that he was three but this has no exceptions. If it was traumatic, then we have to put him to more therapy.. Just to be sure." Dr. Hitsume told Aizawa.

"How long does he still need to stay?" Aizawa asked. "Well, by the end of the week he should be okay.. If his complete memories didn't retrieve by then, then.. You could just visit any time." She said. Aizawa nodded then excused himself. He left Midoriya doing classwork so he doesn't miss out or get left behind, soon enough Bakugou should be here to help Izuku before his internship starts in the afternoon.

Leaving the hospital, Aizawa made a call pulling his phone out of his yellow sleeping bag. Don't question me where he kept his sleeping bag all along. Ringing Enji, "Hello?" the flame hero said from the other line. "It's Aizawa."

"Did anything traumatic happen to Mi-Izuku back then before he was taken away?"

"We always kept him away from his siblings' fights and our training. Basically we hid everything from him." Enji explained.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm not sure if he remembered the fire incident though.." the flame hero let out. Aizawa sighed.

"Okay.. He remebered the burning room but that's all, nothing else yet. I'm asking because his a recovering Amnesiac patient. I hope you're aware of that."

"Yes, Shoto told me. Anyways, I have to go. Internships are starting." Endeavor hang up on Aizawa and the latter did his thing.

At Endeavor's Agency, Shoto entered the room with furrowed brows like how he usually greet his father. Endeavor just sighed like Aizawa.
"We will postpone our schedule Shoto.. We will visit Izuku." Enji said. Making Shoto lose his cool.

"What?"