Chapter 27

"I love you and I will always love you. Yesterday, today and forever more..." Adapted from The Billionaire's Match by Allison Seeram.

Geneviève's POV.

Three months later...

Gripping the bouquet tightly in my hands, I slowly willed the nerves away as I looked out the French windows towards the garden that was quickly becoming filled up.

"Can I come in?" Katy asked as she stood against the slightly opened doorway.

"Of course." I said turning around towards her, "You look beautiful." I complimented as I smiled warmly at her dressed in her long off the shoulder bridesmaid dress.

"Those should have been my words to you." She said grinning widely taking my hand in hers offering a reassuring squeeze.

"Thank you." I said to her as I blinked back the sting of tears, "I know it was you and Ethan who found my grandmother's necklace."

"You don't need to thank me." She said earnestly, "It was honestly a team effort. You are very lucky to have Dillon by your side. I know the road to get here was hindered along the way but I can promise you no one will ever love you the way he will."

Pulling her into a tight hug, she exited as Stella entered the room causing me to tear up all over again, "I'm sorry Gen...I'm so happy for you." She said on a watery laugh, "You make the most stunning bride."

Gracing her with a smile of my own I glanced at the nearby mirror taking in my reflection once more. The plain white strapless dress hugged my body offering a sense of simplicity before leading to the dramatic long trail at the back. My long brown hair was tied into a loose ponytail hanging over one end of my shoulder with escaped tendrils curling delicately over my face. Wearing the pearl necklace and earrings that was belonged to my grandmother I felt a sense of completion as Stella touched up my makeup.

"Do you miss her?" She gently asked knowing she was referring to our mother.

"A part of me wishes thing were different." I honestly replied as I remembered the departing look on her face as she had left Dillon's penthouse the previous day.

Flashback

"Ms. Geneviève." The receptionist said into the receiver, "There is a woman who would like to meet you. She said her name is Susan Clementine. I can dismiss her at your request. I'm not seeing her name on the list of visitors Mr. Harrington has." She offered as I placed down the teacup frozen for a brief moment.

"No it's alright." I found myself responding, "Can you have Eric kindly escort her up?"

A few moments later, a loud knock reverted off the door as I strolled across the living room.

"Good morning mother." I politely said.

"Geneviève." She responded unable to look me in the eye as I wordlessly held the door open, her heels clicking against the marble flooring, "What a lovely view." She stated looking out at the London skyline.

"Have a seat." I offered sitting down on the sofa as she seated herself on the single lounge chair.

"I won't be long." She started saying as her deep brown eyes finally looked at me, "I have never been the perfect mother. Far from it some would say. There were questionable things that I have done to both you and Stella. As a wife I supported my husband through thick and thin abandoning my children when they needed me the most...even though I knew it was wrong. I take it you are here alone for the moment?" She asked as I nodded in confirmation as she went on, "Good because I don't think I can ever face Stella again. I knew that Nathaniel have been abusing her for the longest time." She suddenly admitted as I looked on at her in silent horror as the first bit of emotion I saw on her flashed across her face in a quiver, "I haven't slept properly in the last two years because of that. I watched my daughter suffer and silently suffered myself. I know Stella has been successful in her adoption process. I know she will be a much better mother to that little girl more than I had ever been and someday soon you will too. You two are better off without us but you should know that your father was never always like this. Greed changes people and now hell is the only thing he knows. We live in a big house and yet it isn't big enough to escape our misery. I hope one day you, Stella and Dillon can forgive us." She said abruptly standing up placing a small box onto the coffee table, "You'll make a beautiful bride." And with that she walked away silently closing the door as tears leaked from my eyes. Eying the box I opened it gasping aloud as I dashed out the door as she was about to step into the elevator.

"I forgive you." I said to her as she glanced back around with tears misting her eyes before stepping in as the elevator doors closed.

Picking up the box once again, I clutched it in my hands.

"I'll be back shortly to put on your veil okay." Stella said recapturing my attention, "I'm going to ensure everything is in place."

"Everything is perfect." Eleanor said coming into the room, "But not as perfect as the blushing bride, my son is very lucky." She said picking up the veil as she clipped it into my hair.

"He is." Stella replied on a short laugh, "The next time I see you, you'll be walking down the aisle Gen...good luck. I'm going to join Evelyn, Katy and Athena." With a kiss to my cheek she left on a flurry of lavender holding her bouquet securely against her.

"I always knew my son would pick you." She said with a knowing smile as she bent down adjusting the trail.

"That means a lot." I replied taking her hands in mine and placing the jewel box as she looked at me questionably.

"It's rightly yours." I said to her as her blue eyes glimmered in unshed tears, "You deserve it."

Taking the ring out of the box, I handed it to her as she slid Dillon's grandmother's ring onto her finger. Pulling me into a tight embrace, she suddenly released me apologetically, "I shouldn't be crying with the bride on her wedding day." She said on a short laugh.

"I'm honored to be wearing your ring." I admitted to her as I caressed the golden band.

"One way or another you would have inherited it." She replied gently squeezing my hands, "You were always meant to be with my son darling." She said as I felt the tears in my eyes.

As Patricia walked me down the aisle, my gaze instantly collided with the deep sea green eyes that looked on filled with emotion I couldn't have been happier as he clasped his hand in mine. Little Theo had served as a ring bearer along with Sara, Stella's daughter as the adorable flower girl. Athena had strolled her new born twins down the aisle followed by Evelyn who held baby Emma coaxing 'aww's' out of the crowd. The groomsmen, as sinfully handsome as they were looked on like proud parents as we sealed our marriage with a loving kiss in the picturesque backyard of Dillon's childhood home. As I looked into his green eyes, hope, adoration and a lifetime of possibility lay ahead.

"I love you angel." He whispered against my lips as he snuck another kiss against the alter. The loud cheering of the crowd faded into the background as I lovingly responded melting against him.

My husband.

My life.

I couldn't have asked for a better ending as we stepped into our future all because of my billionaire's Christmas revenge. 

A/N: MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE !!!! Annddddd cue the waterworks. WOW! As Gen said, 'what sense of completion' My heart is really really pleased. Be sure to vote, comment and check out 'THE BILLIONAIRE'S ULTIMATUM' 'THE BILLIONAIRE'S MATCH' 'THE BILLIONAIRE'S ARRANGED WIFE' and 'THE DESERT PRINCE'S CAPTURED BRIDE' available on my page. 

Be sure to stick around for the epilogue

Christmas kisses and Santa's wishes...

oxoxox...Allison :)