Chapter 7

She was my all, all for me. She was my home, in desert or sea. There with her, wherever it be, she was my home, home you see- Atticus.

 Geneviève's POV.

The silence that followed was deafening. Surely I couldn't have heard correctly.

"Pardon?" I questioned risking a glance over at his passive face.

"I don't like repeating myself Geneviève." He replied in that low accented English voice although the stern warning was there.

Gripping the wheel with an unnecessary force, he accelerated the sleek sports car forward with the grace of a professional racer as I risked a glance at the SUV tailing behind us desperately trying to catch up. An odd smile made its way onto my face despite the situation as I imagined Jack's hidden annoyance. Moments later, breaking free from the traffic he unexpectedly came to a slow halt as he smoothly geared the car into park.

For some time neither of us said anything as he remained tightly wounded into a ball of tension as his strong arms continued gripping the gear shift as though it was relieving some of his inner strain as the other arm pressed against the lower half of the steering while his gaze remained expressionless as he peered out the windscreen.

"What if I decline your charming offer?" I asked turning to face him not able to keep the snarl out of my tone.

Slowly his beautiful eyes made its way onto mine as they shone like hard dark emeralds, "Don't ever mistake my chivalry for anything else or I might have to remind you exactly who I am, it seems that you have forgotten." He said icily and despite the heat of the warm car an involuntary shiver wracked through me.

"I know exactly who you are." I responded unable to hold my tongue back, "And what you did hardly counts as chivalrous."

"You better watch that tone with me Geneviève." He warned as his eyes glanced down my frozen body heating me up in a way I haven't felt in years, "If only you could have used some of that defiance against your beloved father maybe then I would have had some respect for you." He continued on as the hard edge entered his voice once again, "As for me being chivalrous, maybe I should have left you in that sleazy hotel or should I do exactly what you want and take you back?" He mocked quirking a sarcastic dark brow at me.

"No." I muttered looking away resigned.

"You have ten seconds to answer my question." Dillon idly said as though he had much better things to do than make preposterous sleeping arrangements.

"10!" I exclaimed whipping my head around to meet his emotionless emeralds.

"You have 7 now." He commented sternly.

"I really did mean what will happen if I deny." I asked again.

"Denying isn't an option." He replied lightly stroking the wheel as I stared at him flabbergasted.

"Is that a threat?" I questioned.

His tanned fingers halted their motions as his pink mouth formed into a sardonic smirk, "Think of it as whatever you like."

"I...I'm sorry I can't." I said ignoring the regretful pang that bubbled through my chest.

Saying nothing for a brief moment, he looked at me again, though it was as if I was staring into the face of the devil as my fate awaited me.

"I think you will." He murmured all too knowingly, "After all you do want to regain ownership of your father's company don't you? If you accept my offer I will think about it."

"You will think about it?" I asked incredulously.

"The doors are unlocked; feel free to get out if you decline." He stated.

Frozen I sat there as a mischievous glint danced around his breathtaking eyes.

"This is my proposition angel, if I was you I would listen carefully. I would like you to stay till the New Year, maybe more, maybe less whatever works for me. If I tire sooner, I may consider letting you go. History has proven that there's a high chance that I would so for your sake right now you can at least try to smile instead of looking so glum. It goes without saying emotions, unwanted pregnancies and useless drama would not be welcomed. I think by now you should know better than to double cross me. This is a basic summary, of course you will be indebted to sign a non-confidentiality agreement that my lawyer had drawn up. You can sign it as soon as possible if you reach into the glove compartment to the front of you. You agree to this and I will give your situation some thought. Disagree and..." He trailed of as I knew the answer.

"Did you anticipate this outcome?" I asked softly close to tears.

"No but I will admit to wishful thinking." He admitted as my hands shook getting the folded papers stapled together.

Tears blurred my vision as I tried to make out the meaningless words. But it didn't matter did it? Wordlessly he pulled out a gold fountain pen from the lapels of his grey jacket with the distinct engraving of his initials. Silently I took it as a traitorous tear fell creating a damp spot next to my name. It was almost like significance. I can only assume that this was what it had meant to sign your soul over to the devil. Without much care, I flipped onto the last page scribbling my signature across the dotted line as a triumphant smile graced his beautiful hard face.

"You didn't read it." He stated as he eased the sleek sports car back onto the road while the pages sat on my lap like multiple blocks of cemented bricks weighing me down.

"Does it change anything if I did?" I asked staring out the window as I willed my tears away.

"I could sue you for breach of contract." He said.

"And grant me a worse fate?" I softly asked.

"Because I am driving I will choose to ignore that." He warned.

"I really did love you Dillon." I said again apologizing as a fresh wave of tears overcame me.

"So you keep saying." He murmured.

"I will until you believe me." I countered back softly as I glanced at him. His strong jaw ticked in irritation as he increased the speed jolting me back into the leather seat.

"Then I suggest you stop wasting your breath." He replied.

"You can't tell me how to feel." I answered.

"You're right. But I can tell you the facts. The only person you loved has now used you as a pawn in his vile game of life. It's very demeaning the lengths you will take in order to please him though I have to ask whether you are doing it selflessly or because you are internally competing with Stella?"

The pain that lanced through me in that instant was equivalent to taking a dagger to the heart.

Breathlessly I looked unseeing ahead as the vehicle eased into the parking space of the garage as I tried countless times to get my suddenly overworked throat to move. I felt as though he had reached inside and choked me as I struggled for air.

"Is my analysis inaccurate?" He questioned in a cocky voice unaware of my internal despair.

Slowly closing my eyes I counted to ten willing the panic attack away as I shook my head in response.

He was right.

A/N: UPDATE ! HAPPY MARCH 1ST EVERYONE! It's officially my birthday month and I am super thrilled. This chapter is for you and I can't wait to hear what you think. As always VOTE, COMMENT and be sure to check out 'THE BILLIONAIRE'S ULTIMATUM' 'THE BILLIONAIRE'S MATCH' and 'THE BILLIONAIRE'S ARRANGED WIFE' available on my page. 

See you soon...

oxoxox...Allison :)