Chapter 16

Should I bother at all with the holy water notice dear children ? ;) 
P.S- You're only allowed to read this chapter if you wear a mask in public! Do it for Dillon's sake atleast okay :)  

I want to hold you close, skin on skin, and let our heartbeats have a conversation- John Mark Green.

Geneviève's POV.

Awaking to an empty bed was the last thing I had expected as I glanced around the bedroom in search of Dillon. Peering at the bedside clock, I gasped in astonishment as I saw the late evening hour. The mild soreness between my thighs pleasurably ached, my muscles protested as I tried lazily getting up from the comfort of the warm bed. Spotting his shirt amongst the scattered clothing on the floor, I bent to pick it up internally wincing as I donned the material on. Rummaging through my purse that I saw he had kindly placed atop the iron cast table, I quickly found my birth control pill before stepping into the en-suite for a sip of water. 

The sight of my reflection that greeted me left me startled for a brief moment as I downed the pill in-taking myself. The top three buttons of the shirt were ripped off allowing an indecent portion of my cleavage to be revealed. My neck was littered with red marks from Dillon's generous mouth and my face was flushed pink. I looked...alive. Brushing out my hair, I placed it back into a loose ponytail before I emerged from the room and made my way somewhat awkwardly down the stairs.

"There you are." Dillon's warm voice greeted me from across the room as he stood shirtless in the kitchen behind the counters. I would have questioned his clothing choice in the kitchen if I hadn't glimpse the waistband of his sweat pants.

"I thought you would have rested some more angel." He continued on saying as he made his way over to me. Distractingly my eyes zoned in on the ripple of his muscle, his long strides easily closed the distance encircling me into his warm arms as he laid a kiss atop my forehead.

"I...I missed you from the bed." I murmured almost shyly as my arms came up to caress his tone naked back.

His beautiful eyes darkened under my touch as he stepped back a little causing me to drop my arms as he took in my appearance. His fingers around my waist tightened for a brief second before he pulled me closer once again.

"You look...ravishing." He said lustfully as his eyes lingered on my neck. Satisfaction seeped into his green orbs as he continued on speaking, "I came to make us supper."

"You can cook!" I exclaimed louder than intended as he let out a soft laugh at my surprise.

"I can." He confirmed, "Though I do enjoy eating..."

His eyes sparkled with mischief as the sexual innuendo settled between us as I laughed aloud.

"How are you feeling?" He questioned as my laughter ceased.

"A little sore." I truthfully answered as an arrogant smirk flashed across his mouth.

"I was as gentle as I could have been angel." He huskily said as his fingers slowly started rubbing soothing circles against my waist through the fabric of the thin shirt, "But you are still very small and I am not."

As heat flamed my face from the mental image his chuckle vibrated against his chest as I buried my face against his warm skin blushing profusely.

"Come on, let's eat and after we'll have a soak in the tub." He offered as he bent slightly, gripping under my knees as he picked me up and deposited me atop a barstool.

"What are we having?" I questioned as he opened the oven and took out a dish.

"Shepard's pie." He replied flushing slightly as he carefully placed the hot dish down domestically removing the mittens.