Chapter 2

A person who has a lot of anger inside definitely loves people more than anything else. Because if red color indicates anger then it indicates love too- Unknown

Geneviève's POV.

"Hello Geneviève." Was his response as he arrogantly sat back on his wide leather chair as though he was on the throne that held the world at his feet. Looking into his smug face, one couldn't have believed anything but as the English capital skyline offered a private floor to ceiling view of the gloomy sky and tall imposing buildings that only contributed to more pollution in this world. A smirk kissed the corner of his lush mouth threatening to encompass into a full blown smile as he continued silently assessing me as I pulled myself together determined not to tremble under the smoldering heat of his gaze. Face to face for the first time in seven years yet I felt my response crush down onto me as though time had been nothing more than a figment. Feeling the internal burn threatening to consume me from within, distractedly I glanced around the very modern office paying special attention to the lovely art piece that took its place upon the wall. Set with his back against the skyline, his heavy desk occupied a large space housing a high tech desktop and various folders completed with four black leather chairs to the front of him perhaps for meeting purposes in his office. To the corner closest to where I was, a plush sofa sat completed with a crystal coffee table that housed a miniature Christmas tree that I was positive he had not decorated himself. It was the only festive ornament in the otherwise pristine office but looking at the man who commanded the room, the need to display anything of sorts would have been a wasted effort as one couldn't have helped but openly gape at the striking beauty him.

"I shall see myself out for now." The middle age man seated opposite him said breaking the tension in the room as he rose and exited the encompassing office space bringing my eyes back to the man who commanded attention as he appeared to have all the time in the world as he nonchalantly stared right back.

"Please, have a seat." He said in a low voice gesturing towards the plush rich black leather chair as he continued his assessment rocking back and stroking his distracted pink mouth as he awaited my response.

"I did not come here to sit and have tea with you." I said as gracefully stern as I could have yet his only response was a slight quirk of his lips as I gathered my composure.

"I see." He quipped as he suddenly sat up in his chair buttoning his grey suit jacket and gifting me with a look like sent a slight shiver throughout my body. This was no longer the teenage boy I had once known. In that moment I felt as though I was looking into the eyes of a stranger as they held nothing but cold contempt and heaps of distain, "So has daddy sent you then?" He went on mockingly.

Ignoring the jib, I held my ground as I replied, "No, he has no idea that I am here."

"And what exactly are you here for?" He questioned with an impassive look. I would have believed him if only his eyes hadn't danced with amusement.

"Do you think this is funny?" I snapped as my temper unexpectedly flared.

"Comical." He replied sarcastically arching a brow at me as those pink full lips thinned into a flat line of irritation.

"I did not come here to fight with you." I said softly as I felt the tension escape my body on a rush.

"No you did not." He replied in a condescending tone as my eyes met his deep pools of green, "Because you don't have that kind of courage do you?"

Flabbergasted I opened my mouth to respond yet no sound came out. Abruptly standing up from behind the imposing desk he strode across the room with all the grace and confidence a man could only dream of having as he stopped a hair breath short of me.