Chapter 1

Do everything in love – 1 Corinthians 16:14

Dillon's POV.

"Demolish the building." I ordered into the speaker phone as I swerved the car to a screeching left narrowly avoiding a collision.

"Are you alright sir?" Cullen, the long time trusted lawyer of my family questioned as the car came to an abrupt halt along the roadside. Suddenly frustrated, I gripped the wheels with much more force than was necessary as a harsh breath escaped my lungs.

"Fine." I muttered, changing gear and easing onto the busy roads once again.

"Forgive me for saying this Mr. Harrington, but is that not a bit much? We could always sell it and make a profit or demolish the building and keep the land. It's worth fortunes because of the location." Cullen carried on in an effort trying his best to reason with me, "Just demolishing it and leaving the broken bricks to lay there is quite unorthodox even for you. We could always redesign the building and turn it into a firm for just about anyone or perhaps an apartment building or even a studio. It's in the heart of New York; retailers would be jumping over the other to buy you out especially around this time of year."

"This isn't about the money Cullen." I replied calmly despite feeling anything but.

"I'm beginning to realize that sir." Cullen answered back resigned, "Very well, I'll make some calls by the time and arrange the rest. We have copies of the documents but your signature is needed before we can officially carry out the process."

"And the original?" I questioned.

Pausing briefly, he then continued on, "Mr. Clementine's lawyer claims the original documents are nowhere in sight but the copies should work just as fine. We do however have the legal stamp on the deed from the government should we ever need it in the future."

"And do you believe that?" I questioned as suspicion rose.

"Not for all the tea in China sir." Cullen replied on a sigh, "But someone has to have it."

"Ensure everything is prepared by the time I arrive. I just pulled up at the tarmac; my jet is ready to go. When I arrive in London, I'll be heading straight to the office, come by and we'll go through the minor details. Include a stipulation along with the copies of the documents. If in any event the original document magically shows up, we still have sole ownership of the property. Absolutely no selling rights or further negotiations will ever take place. I want this out of the way before the New Year approaches."  I informed him as I boarded my jet.

"Trust me sir, I got hold of their bank account information and they would never be able to afford a buy back clause if we had one in this lifetime or the next. They are completely bankrupt." Cullen proudly stated, "We just need a couple of your signatures and the contractors would be ready to go. There is more than enough time before January approaches. We have an estimated time that the demolishment would take roughly around a two week period. "

"They?" I asked still puzzled from his first bit of information.

"Yes sir, the entire family. Richard, Susan, Stella and the youngest Geneviève Clementine. It's a wonder that they were able to keep their house."

"I see." I remarked as I hung up the call.

As the jet taxied of the runway, a moment of hesitation gripped me as I glanced out the window to see the bright autumn colors covering New York City. A place that I had spent a certain number of years. Anger consumed me once again as I felt that familiar painful tightening in my jaw. Blocking out whatever unwarranted thoughts that had plagued my mind since my arrival in the city, I took out my laptop and began going through some urgent work however my mind kept drifting back to earlier in the day. The dismal atmosphere surrounding the building I despised most should have at least brought forward a more satisfied feeling. On the contrary all it did was cause more tension to arise within me as my shoulders ached under pressure.

"Would you care for a drink or a light lunch Mr. Harrington?" The airhostess asked pulling me away from my thoughts.

"A double shot of whiskey. Neat." I requested as I regained focus overlooking the spreadsheet analysis of Clementine's Corporate.

"Here you are sir." The airhostess said as she placed my drink down alongside a tray of assorted cashews and almonds.

Downing the drink, I felt my brows rise as I smirked in-taking the numbers. For the remainder of the flight, I nimbly went through every number detailing the slump of Richard Clementine.

A few hours later, seated in my office across Cullen, the old man went about analyzing the notes I had taken as joyously shocked as I had been.

"Amazing isn't it?" He asked.

"Well-deserved." I replied rocking back into my leather chair.

"And you are certain you have no interest in developing the land?" Cullen asked once again.

"As certain as can be. It would kill him more to see his building in pieces just lying there." I replied.

"I have known you a long time Mr. Harrington so I must ask, this seems very personal?" Cullen lightly questioned as he nonchalantly drifted through the paperwork.

"It's never personal in business Cullen. You've been in the business long enough to know that." I told him as he regarded me.

"Yes sir, but I also know that there's a fine line in between. Sometimes that line can get blurred." He told me as he awaited a reaction.

"Are you a lawyer or a therapist?" I smirked as I signed the various documents he handed to me.

"When the time calls." He replied, "What happened when you went there?"

"I was in Greece visiting Nico when you had called. I immediately flew over. I landed last night and this morning I went to the site to check it out myself. A passerby said it had been closed a month now. Nothing we hadn't already known. I sent you the pictures, the building is ancient but in good condition. When we knock it down make sure it goes in pieces." I said to him just as a commotion erupted outside interrupting our meeting.

"Ma 'dam you cannot go in!" I heard my secretary plead frantically as the doors to my office were suddenly barged open.

Winded.

That was the only word that could have explained how I felt.

I knew this moment was coming. I expected it. I baited her to it. But nothing I had ever planned could have prepared me.

"Mr. Harrington..." She mocked in her sweet soft voice as a dark eyebrow delicately rose.

Settling back leisurely into my chair, I took the longest of moments, admiring her perfect frame as she stood as regal as ever exuding sophistication and polished charm in her two piece suit that did nothing to compliment what lay beneath. Her long glossy dark locks were swept up into a neat no nonsense bun tightly pulled together I internally grimaced at the headache she was bound to get. Her beautiful face was lightly swept with makeup she wore like war paint as her eyes flashed daggers at me and something else she tried her best to conceal. But I saw it. Despite myself I felt a sharp tug in my chest as fear lurked beneath those baby blue eyes that had once captivated me. Clamping down the immediate urge of protection that coursed through me, I decided to goad her some more as her body trembled in response under my heated gaze.

"Hello Geneviève." I greeted feeling my lips tug up into a lazily smirk as I rocked back into my chair.

A/N: Happy Holidays everyone! Chapter one is officially up and I'm dying to know what you all of think. Make my heart happy by voting, commenting and do feel free to drop a message by. Be sure to check out 'THE BILLIONAIRE'S ULTIMATUM' 'THE BILLIONAIRE'S MATCH' and 'THE BILLIONAIRE'S ARRANGED WIFE' available on my page.

See you Christmas angels soon...

oxoxox...Allison :)