Chapter 10

The way he looks at her...as if her smile is the only thing that could possibly matter- butterflies rising.

Dillon's POV.  

"Fucking hell." I muttered annoyed with myself as my foot pressed heavily on the pedal sending the sports car speeding along the highway as I gripped the wheel with an unnecessary force ignoring the honking of horns and swears that were thrown my way as I swerved in and out of lanes avoiding the mild traffic. Adrenaline spiked through my veins as the thrill of sitting behind the wheel loomed over me as the car continued to beautifully zoom past landmarks in a blur. Lowering the windows, the freezing cold evening Christmas air bit at my skin as the car smoothly turned into the street before effectively halting right before the mansion's gate. Turning the heater back on, I paused for a brief moment looking inside as my best mate Ethan came round his car to collect his toddler son as hand in hand, his wife Katy and him strolled into the Demachelis' mansion . Before I could have fully processed what I was doing, the car smoothly reversed racing along the highway once again. Returning the car to her favored spot of fame in the underground garage, I hastily made my way into the elevator finding irritation for the first time in the length of time it took to get to the penthouse.

"Geneviève!" I called out looking about the living room and balcony for her.

My heart began to race as I darted up the stairs looking through each room until I distantly heard the sound of the shower spray but nothing had prepared me for the sight I was paying witness to as my heart slammed against my chest.

"Angel..." I whispered hoarsely, the breath leaving my body as she sat dejectedly with her hands and head propped against her knees on the wet floor as the cold water beat down against her. Slowly she raised her head, as though it had physically taken more out of her than it should have as red rimmed eyes and silent tears flowed endlessly from her beautiful blue eyes. In that moment it was as if a knife was gutted through me as I looked on at her in equal measures of pain feeling immense agony burn at my lungs as I struggled to get air in. Tugging my sweater vest off, I carelessly threw it against the side of the tub as I leaned into the shower turning it off. Wordlessly I reached in and effortlessly picked her up, cradling her small, wet, cold body against mine as she placed her head under my neck violently shaking as her tears continued to pour down her angelic face. Swallowing the lump past my throat, I kicked the chair out against the vanity and gently sat down with her on my lap as I deftly maneuvered to the shelf nearby grabbing a large towel as I cuddled her closer gently wiping the water droplets away.

"Shh." I kept murmuring softly against her ear as I slowly rocked her in my arms placing kisses against her wet hair and temple until eventually the shaking subsided. For how long, I would never know, we sat in silence as I continued tightly holding her against me feeling a sense of completion that I had long ago forgotten.

"Your shirt is soaked." She whispered against my neck as her hot breath fanned across my skin.

"Does it bother you?" I asked into her hair placing a soft kiss tampering the flare of arousal in my groin.

"No." She murmured drowsily as she pulled the towel closer around her.

"Let's get you changed before you catch a cold." I said placing another kiss against her temple as I stood up with her in my arms carrying her out of the guest room, down the hall and into my bedroom. Placing her onto my bed, she adjusted her towel tightly around her body avoiding my eyes as I silently watched her piece herself back together. The weight of a rock settling onto my chest burdened as fury laced my veins. I was completely pissed at myself and felt no less of a scoundrel than her father. The only time I had ever seen her in such a state was when her father had reduced her to next to nothing with his cheap words. But I had done the exact same and it made me sick with contempt as my stomach churned at the thought. The fear in her eyes that lingered earlier ate away at me as the image became burnt into my brain. Grabbing a t-shirt from the drawer, I slowly approached her with the caution of coming head to head with a skittish lamb. I knew she noticed my presence as her body tensed in awareness and yet she refused to look my way. Crouching down in front of her, a lone tear escaped her eye as I caught it with my finger, soothingly stroking her cold cheek with my thumb in a desperate effort to bring some warmth onto her.

"I am sorry." I softly said to her as I continued to caress her cheek, emotion clear in my voice as I looked on at her hurting desperately wanting to erase it.

Another tear fell, as she brought her bright blue eyes to settle onto mine brimming with hurt and pain.

"Can I put this on you?" I gently asked raising the folded shirt as she nodded.

Rising back up, I slipped the t-shirt over her head, and after a moment's hesitation, she let the towel fall as I gently guided her arms through the sleeves. At the corner of my room, I spotted her suitcase which was previously delivered as I rummaged through all the while feeling her eyes trained onto me. Returning in front of her, I bent back down slipping her creamy legs into her lacy black underwear as her skin heated and blushed under my touch. Ignoring the discomfort pressing hotly against my zipper, I eased the flimsy material up her smooth skin.

"I packed in a hurry." She said softly blushing as we both stood up for her to get it on properly.

Placing my fingers under her jaw, I raised her beautiful face and stared directly into her eyes, "I think they are perfect. Just like you."

Unable to resist, I placed a kiss against her temple yet again before taking her hand and leading her into the en-suite. Gripping her waist, I picked her up placing her atop the vanity as I rummaged through the drawers in search of a hair brush and a blow-dryer that was kept nearby. In comfortable silence, I brushed the wet strands of her hair as gently as I could have before trying and failing to dry her hair. The giggle that escaped her throat had effectively managed to ease the tight knots of tension I didn't know I was holding as she bit her lip to stifle her obvious amusement.

A brief smile made its way to my face as I looked on at her, bare-faced and freckled and absolutely beautiful, I could have fallen for her time and time again and yet it would have never been enough.

A/N: Happy April everyone! I hope that you all are safe and doing well. What did we think of this chapter? No matter what I'm kinda in love with Dillon or maybe I'm biased ;). As always Vote, Comment and be sure to check out 'THE BILLIONAIRE'S ULTIMATUM' 'THE BILLIONAIRE'S MATCH' and 'THE BILLIONAIRE'S ARRANGED WIFE' available on my page.  

Pray for each other and yourselves as we stay at home. Let's flatten the curve and kick Covid-19 ass!!! We can read, we can write and we can chat. I love hearing from you all. Wash those hands and stay healthy. 

Be safe...

oxoxox...Allison :)