Chapter 18

(Y/N POV)
As they both flash my their alluring smiles at me my stomach erupts into butterflies. I shake the feeling away and walk over to sit on my bed. Lucas comes over and lays on his stomach next to with his head propped up by his hands while River sits regularly beside me, he's so close our thighs are nearly touching. Why is he sitting so close when there is the whole bed to sit on.

I shrug the thought away as I asked them, "So what were the questions you guys were so eager to ask me?" They both go to open their mouths to say something but Lucas speaks first, "How the hell did you get here?" I stiffen at his question not really sure how I got here but sure of the events leading up to how I did.

I sigh looking down at my hands as I fiddle with them before I start explaining, "Well you see I had this boyfriend," saying that I see both of there jaws clench but I continue, "we had a fight and I left for a couple hours resulting in meeting you guys," I add with a small smile, "anyways back to the point, when I got back to the camp I figured we should figure out whatever was going on between so I went to his tent," At this point I was starting to tear up recalling that night.

Both boys noticed and River grabbed my hand giving it a soft squeeze before continuing to hold it while Lucas stokes my back in reassurance, "When I was one my way to his tent I heard moaning but I thought it was just from someone else's tent so I didn't think much of it. When I proceeded to get closer I realized it was coming from his tent. I go in there to find him about to sleep with another girl," The moment I said the last part tears starting streaming down my face. Lucas and River saw which made them instantly pull me into a much needed hug.

"I can't stand the thought of being there and seeing him everyday so I pack up my stuff and ran. I ran for awhile but eventually stopped and that's when I started to get a bad feeling. Before I could do anything I got speared," As I say that I pull up my shirt to show the bandages wrapping around my stomach, "After that I passed out and when I woke up I was here."

When I finished they looked at me with a mix of emotions. Rivers face holds a mix of anger, pity, concern, and sadness. While Lucas's face is much harder to read anger is very much evident. I start to wonder why both of them are angry but I'm snapped out of my thoughts by Lucas. "Who is he?" He asks in a calm tone but I can tell he wants to punch a wall, but why?

"Who's who?"

"Who's the son of a bitch that cheated on you?" Lucas replies while steam is practically coming out of his ears. I take a look at both of them before coming to the conclusion that they're so angry because Bellamy cheated on me.

I groan throwing myself back onto my bed so I'm now laying down. I run my hands down my face before telling them, "I'm not telling you guys because I know for a fact if I do you'll have his head on a stick by sun down."

"True." River says nodding his head in agreement with what I said. I glance over at Lucas to see he is still if not more pissed then before. I graze his arms and say, "I'm fine really, I just want to forget about him and start my new life." He gives a simple nod in response.

"Oh I have a question, are you Lexas second? We've heard some rumors about it but that's all." Rivers asks.

"Ya I'm Lexas second before you guys showed up we were at a meeting with the 12 clans. She was announcing I'm her second, she also told them I'm a nightblood so I might be commander some day." The moment I say that both of them shoot to their feet with wide eyes.

"You're a nightblood?!" They both exclaim at the same time.

"Oh ya shit I didn't tell you guys yet. Surprise?" I laugh. They both look at me in amazement before going on about how cool it is. It takes me 5 minutes to get them to calm down and be quiet again. We talk for hours on end without realizing it but we're all snapped back into time when Lexa comes barging in.

"Get ready in your old clothes." She tells me.

"What? why?" I ask looking around for some sort of answer but I'm only met with the confused looks on both of the boys faces.

"I need you to sneak into the camp and retrieve Lincoln." I realization hits me, she must be talking about the grounder Bellamy kidnapped and his name is Lincoln. I start getting anxious at the thought of having to see Bellamy again and Lexa seems to sense it because she proceeds to say, "River will be going with you," I release a breathe of relief knowing I won't be alone with River by my side. Out of the corner of my eye I catch Lucas rolling his eyes while River is smiling brightly, "we have clothes for him so he won't stand out among the group. After you two are done getting changed come see me." Lexa tosses clothes to River before her and Lucas leave us to get changed.

"Don't even think about looking at me while Im changing." River jokes as he's pulling off his shirt. My eyes travel down his body until they land on his toned abs. I realize I was staring when he snaps me out of my trance by saying, "Like what you see?" I play it cool by saying, "In dreams," while laughing but on the inside my squealing like a 13 year old fangirl. I turn around causing my back to face River and start undressing. I can feel him staring at me so I decide to tease him by questioning, "Who's the one staring now?" All I get in response is a sequence of stutters, without even having to look back I know he's a blushing mess at the fact he got caught. I go to put on my old clothes only to find they're covered in my black blood, I start frantically searching through my backpack for a new pair of clothes.

Luckily I was able to find a pair of green kaki shorts and a black spaghetti strap. I swiftly throw them on making River and I finish at the same time. While walking down the long hallways I take in Rivers new appearance. The once grounder clothing he had on his now replaced with a white t-shirt that fits him perfectly and a pair of black jeans. I would be lying to myself if I thought he wasn't attractive in any type of clothing. When we meet back up with Lexa she takes us to the stables.

"Y/n that is horse is yours, feel free to name her whatever you like." She says while pointing an all white horse. Lexa starts explaining the mission to us but I completely zone as I go up to my horse and start petting her. After getting a closer look I decide to name her Eria. I'm snapped back into reality when River starts climbing onto his horse and Lexa leaving the stables.

"You didn't hear a word she said, did you?" River says whiling laughing.

"Well you see about that... no." I admit as I try getting onto my own horse.

"I'll explain to you what she was saying on the way there," He trails off when saying "there" when he sees I'm having trouble getting on Eria. "Have you not ridden before?"

"I did grow up in space so, no I haven't." I say in between breathes after finally managing to hop on Eria's back.

"Oh this is going to be fun." Rivers remarks with a smirk before taking off on his horse.

"Hey wait for me!"

*finished editing*