Chapter 5

(Y/N POV)
The wall was finished and everyone took a seat around the fire waiting for the group to return with Jasper. Just as I was to take a peak at my cut that was hidden under a bandage Octavia plopped herself down beside me. Hastily I shove my hand into my pocket, the last thing I needed right now was people questioned my authority just because my blood ran a different color than there's.

"They've been gone for 2 hours. When are they going to get back?" Octavia asked, concern and worry lacing her words. People began shouting about the group retuning before I even got the chance to answer. Their timing was nearly perfect. Without hesitation Octavia and I sprint to the gate where they entered accompanied by Jasper and what looks like a really big dead cat.

Clarke and Finn take off to the dropship with Jasper hoping they were able to attend to his wounds properly. Bellamy and Octavia seemed to be in an intense conversation so instead of bothering them I find myself talking to Murphy.

"What's with the big cat?" I question, feeling slightly sorry that the cats life had to come to an end but it was the circle of life and we had to eat.

"Dinner." He smirks, striding off with the dead cat, probably to get it ready to be cooked.

"Good work on the wall. They really seem to listen to you." A voice compliments from beside me, shockingly it was Bellamy. Up until now I thought he was incapable of giving someone else props.

"Thanks but like you said I'm the princess of the prisoners, so of course they listen to me." I respond smirking. He shakes his head laughing at my reply and I can't help but notice how perfect his smile was. It was incredible how straight his teeth were. I nearly asked him if he ever had braces but decided that was a really odd question.

"What happened to your hand?" Bellamy questions as he caught glimpse of the bandage and lightly took ahold of my hand for inspection.

"Just a small cut, it should heal within a couple days." I play it off whilst harshly tearing my hand away from his. He shoots me a curious expression before letting the subject go completely.

"So what's the princess have planned tonight?" He asks. Confused why he was concerned with my agenda I shrug, not even sure what I was doing after this conversation.

"You know I found this cool place a few minutes away but clearly you're not interested." He sarcastically replies, pretending to be upset by my vague description of my schedule.

"Bellamy, it's very irresponsible to go out with the grounders out there." I pause with a disappointed look on my face, "Of course I want to go." I finished, even though we just got up these walls I couldn't help but feel trapped.

He gazes down at me while I stare into his deep brown eyes, we held eye contact for what felt like hours but in reality it was only 3 seconds. He opens his mouth to say something but before he can make a simple vowel Murphy yells for his help. Bellamy rolls his eyes and begins to walk off but not before turning to me with a smirk, "I'll see you later, love ." So much for having an adventure.

"Did he just call me love?" I mumble to myself. I quickly dismiss it as another one of his many nicknames for me and determine it's a good time to take a walk outside the walls even if Bellamy wasn't coming along.

I jog over to the gate whilst yelling at Miller to open it, he of course obliges considering he knows I can handle myself and he also wouldn't dare to defy my wishes. I wander out of the gates while taking in a deep breathe, even though we just got the walls up I hate it. I understand we need it for protection but I despise the feeling of being trapped again. On the ark we had little to no freedom.

After strolling around the woods for 5 minutes I found a little patch of clovers. I picked about two hand fulls of them before I was satisfied with out much I had.(Clovers are actually edible I looked it up lmao.) I continued my trek as I recalled a small waterfall Finn had mentioned earlier, I hoped I was heading in the correct direction. I arrived at the waterfall and immediately stripped down to just my underwear and bra. The only good thing about the ark was daily showers. Swimming underneath the falling water I wash off all the access dirt from my hair, face and body. Then I carefully cleaned out my cut, hopefully the water didn't have any harmful bacteria in it.

While doing all that I got the same strange feeling I had this morning. All my movements came to a halt as I tried to listen for anything out of the ordinary but over the sound of the waterfall I was unsuccessful. Once finished with my so called shower I throw my clothes back on and work on rewrapping my cut. Just as I'm about to start my way back to camp I pick up the sound of a twig snapping and considering I heard it over the waterfall what whatever it was had to be very close. I move my attention to the vicinity of where the sound came from and I'm met by a pair of eyes peering at me through the bushes.

Even though they were a ways away I could still tell whoever they were, had beautiful hazel eyes. We just stared at each other for 30 seconds before they took off deep into the woods. I head back to camp as fast as I possibly could, scared of what will happen if I stick around here to long. The whole way back my thoughts were going a 100mph. Things like "Why did they kill me?" or "I just saw a grounder and I'm still alive. How?" cross my mind.

Before I knew it I had returned to camp and safely inside the walls. There was only word for what happened when I was gone, chaos. I frantically looked around to find people taking off their wristbands in exchange for food, Bellamy was giving a speech that was going to lead to an anarchy, Murphy and Wells were about to kill off each other.

"Why do I have to fix everything?" I grumble to myself as I start jogging over to everyone.

*finished editing*