Chapter 28

(Y/N POV)
If I got my way the kiss would have lasted forever but sadly it couldn't due to the need we both had for air and the fact I needed to be at training. When we pulled apart the expression on Rivers face held so much happiness and astonishment that it would probably be considered overbearing to most people, but not me. My face must of reflected his because when Lexa passed us she stopped dead in her tracks the moment her eyes landed on me. Her features quickly moved from their once solemn state to a puzzled one. Without thinking twice I dashed into the arena but not before bidding River quick goodbye and placing a gentle kiss on his cheek. Lexa wasn't aware of River and I's "relationship" yet and I didn't feel like being bombarded with questions by her especially in front of River. Talking about things other then fighting during training never happened so I had to count on today would be like any other day. It wasn't that I didn't want to tell her, I did, its just that what River and I have is new and I don't want to ruin it by talking to other people about. You could say I don't want to jinx it.

As I strut into the arena I spot a few other grounders who are usually there along with Lucas but what catches my eye is a familiar yet unfamiliar figure off to the side. I shrug it off as one of the many guards and begin my stretches.

I'm stretching my legs by touching my toes when I hear a masculine voice from behind me ask, "You and River now huh?" I whip my head around to see the voice came from Lucas, I let out a breathe of relief knowing its not some creepy guy standing behind me watching while I stretch. Even if I was only Lucas I still couldn't shake the feeling something was off about him, he seemed more irritated than usual.

"How do you know about us?" I question instantly after remembering I haven't told anyone about us and from what I know neither has River.

"I saw you two making out in the hallway." He scoffs while rolling his eyes and not in a playful manner might I add. Something definitely pissed him off but I couldn't see why it had to do with River and I. I was about to ask him if he's okay but a certain tap on my shoulder distracted me, for some strange reason I already know its Lexa. I tear my attention away from Lucas and distribute it to Lexa which results in a  low huff coming from Lucas.

"Be ready to fight in 2 minutes." She instructs all while giving me a look indicating "we need to talk later," I can only assume its because she's curious on why I looked so happy this morning. Lexa then struts off to the other side of the room leaving Lucas and I in the middle of the arena alone once again. I head in the direction of the weapon wall to pick out some sort of weapon so I can escape the awkward silence that has fallen between Lucas and I, but I'm unable to when he decides to follow me. Looking at the various types of close combat weaponry I can feel Lucas's eyes penetrating the back of my head.

Eventually getting fed up with the constant pair of eyes on me I ask him, "Do I have a bug in my hair or do you just have a major staring problem?"

"Why River?" He asks not even bothering to acknowledge my question. I turn around to see if the look on his face would give me any sign of if he's joking but the unreadable expression tells me he's being dead serious. When was he all of a sudden interested in River and I and more importantly why?

Instead of answering I ignored his odd behavior and question and turned back around, proceeding to pick out one of my favorite swords.

"I'm still waiting for an answer." Lucas states and I can tell by the tone in his voice he's crossing his arms like an impatient child. Luckily for me Lexa called me to the ring, giving me a proper excuse to not reply. Just before entering the ring I went to take of my cloak but a hand grabbing onto my wrist stopped me before I could, this action not only caused my reflexes to kick in causing me to jump but they also caused me to take my sword to the owner of the hands throat. Thankfully I stopped my myself just in time upon realizing the mystery person was Lexa.

"You'll have to train in your cloak today, we have a certain someone watching from the sidelines." She stated while looking off to somewhere, following her line of sight I'm met with the same unfamiliar figure from before. Putting two and two together I soon realize that figure isn't just anyone its Bellamy since he's the only reason I have to wear this dumb cloak.

I contemplate arguing with her about it since its a pain to fight with a long cloak getting in my way along with a floppy hood compromising my vision, but decide against it since it not only could be a good challenge but I'd rather not have Bellamy knowing my true identity just yet if not ever. Stepping into the ring I imagine someone to already be in there ready to fight like any other day but I guess that isn't the case today since I seem to be the only one.

I spin around to ask Lexa to fetch someone but when the words go to leave my mouth I'm come off by Lexa yelling, "Bellamy you're up, go ahead and get in the ring. No weapons." She says the last part directed at me while smirking, I know she loves to mess with me but I'm most definitely going to kill her for this later. Throwing my sword to the side I catch sight of Bellamy entering and of course he's shirtless, I'd be lying to myself if I thought he wasn't attractive anymore.

"I've already taken your ass down once, you really want me to again?" I ask mockingly referring back to this morning.

"That doesn't count I wasn't ready, but I am now." Right after Bellamy says that he begins to lunge towards my hood, at that moment I came to the conclusion that beating me wasn't on his mind instead it was getting off hood. I dodge his poor attempt with ease and go send a kick to his abdomen but to my surprise he sees it coming causing him to quickly move making me miss him by just an inch. A few minutes pass and I've landed two or three good punches but his focus still seems to be on revealing my identity. He's a better fighter then I thought but still not better then me so I use his focus on my hood as an advantage. I set my plan into motion by letting him grab for my hood once again but instead dodging this attempt like any other time I allow him to get a light hold on it. Once I know he's got ahold of it and its about to pull it off I grab onto his wrist, twisting it just a bit then sweeping his legs out from under him like I did this morning.

My plan worked out perfectly until Bellamy thought it would be a good idea to tug me down with him resulting in both of us falling, the worst part was how we were positioned after we fell.

*finished editing*