Chapter 8

(Y/N POV)
Jaspers groans of pain woke me up pretty early and because of that I decided to get a head start on my day. Quickly I eat some berries one of the scavenging groups brought back yesterday, find new clothes and go to check up on Jasper to give Clarke a break. I enter the dropship and I'm met by Clarke looking more dead then alive.

"Clarke go get some rest, I'll watch over Jasper." I offer with a soft smile while taking the other seat next to him.

"Okay but watch out for Murphy and Bellamy they want him dead because of the disturbance he's making." She informs whilst getting up and rolling her eyes. Clarke explains to me what to do and if he wakes up or something major happens to come get her, after her brief explanation she exits the dropship.

1 hour passes and I can hear everyone starting to wake up and slowly get to work. Octavia then comes and tells me she can take care of Jasper, I relay to her what Clarke told me and then leave. I start my over to Bellamys tent, hoping to tell him Jaspers getting better. In all honestly Jasper wasn't making much progress but if Bellamy believe Jasper was recovering maybe he would stop planning his funeral. I halt at the entrance of his tent when he emerged shirtless alongside a girl clung to his waist. I can't help but feel a tinge of jealousy stir through my body when I saw them. Before I can look away Bellamy looks directly at me, both of us making brief eye contact.

I break my intense stare by rolling my eyes and turning around, walking the complete other direction, totally forgetting why I was going to his tent in the first place. I keep walking until I'm outside the walls. I slide down a tree, my back pressed up against the uneven bark. Attempting to let go of every negative feeling about Bellamy, the threat of grounders, and Jasper dissolve. My eyelids grow heavy and I slowly drift off to sleep.

. . .

I'm harshly snapped awake by the sound of a horn echoing throughout the woods. Peering around frantically I spot a strange yellow fog coming towards me. Getting up I sprint looking for shelter, not wanting to take my chances and see what this mysterious fog does. I run for a solid 5 minutes with the fog still on my trail, spotting a cave I make a sharp turn and running even faster then before. Shockingly I make it in the cave with plenty of time to spare. Unable to move my legs even an inch I throw myself on the ground, I needed to work on my stamina. After a couple seconds I'm able to get my breathing under control which allows me to hear fast paced footsteps getting closer to me. Swiftly I get on my feet whilst grabbing my knife, it was better to be overly prepared than unready. Two people jump into the cave just missing the fog by a hair, landing on there stomachs in the dirt. Before my brain as the chance to register their appearance, I jump one of the guys back and hold my knife to his throat thinking it might be a grounder.

"What the hell get off of me." A way too familiar voice grunts. I roll off him, realizing it to be Bellamy, the last person alive I want to see right now. I roll my eyes and walk off deeper into the cave.

"So you almost kill me and walk off without apologizing?" Bellamy smirks as he jogs up next to me. I stop, looking him straight in the eyes and say "I should of killed you when I had the chance." I continue on until I reach the end of the cave, I slide down the wall sitting down with my knees to my chest. Not even a second later Bellamy and the other person make their way to me. Surprisingly he was accompanied by a little girl but I was to stubborn to speak to either of them and ask.

The girl goes and sits on the opposing wall from me while Bellamy of course as to sit right next to me.

"What's your problem today? You weren't acting like this last night." I shake my and stuff my head in my knees at his question. If i'm being honest I really didn't know why I was acting like this towards him, it's just that ever since this morning when I saw him with that girl a pit of jealousy has been growing in my stomach. Ignoring his question I look up at the girl asking her what her name is.

"Charlotte." Is all she says before going to draw in the dirt with her finger.

Hours pass and the silence in the cave is as dense as the fog outside. The whole time I could see Bellamy out of the corner of my eye, taking non stop glances at me. Charlotte had already fallen asleep about a hour ago so for the past hour it was only me and Bellamy sitting in a heavy awkward silence. That silence is broken by the sounds of Charlotte whimpering and thrashing around in her sleep. Bellamy rushes over to her and wakes her up. After a couple minutes he's able to calm her down by telling her to "slay her demons during the day" and more stuff like that. She eventually falls back asleep and Bellamy comes back and sits where he was before.

"You're good with her." I say smiling and looking up at him.

"I thought you weren't talking to me." He reply's returning my gaze.

"That can be still arranged again if you want." I shrug while a smirk finds it's way to my lips.

"That arrangement won't ever be needed." He scoffs in a jokingly but serious tone.

"How long do you think this is going to last?" I question wondering if we were going to be stuck here for another for hours.

"Not sure, but at least something good came out if it." He replies, suddenly an optimist.

"And what would that be?" No matter how I looked at it I was still cooped up in here like a mad woman.

"I don't know just trying a new thing where I'm positive."

"Well don't ever try it again, it doesn't fit you very well." I joke whilst sending a grin in his direction.

"Hey, at least I tried. I couldn't say the same about you." He says obviously back to his normal smartasset self. A yawn escapes from my mouth not giving me a chance to reply with a witty comeback.

"You tired?" I only nod in response because another yawn doesn't allow be to speak. Bellamy then snakes his hand down to my waist, which then gives him access to pull me to his chest so I'm more comfortable and warm. If anyone else were to be doing this I would get up and walk into the acid fog but with Bellamy it feels right, like it's meant to be.

"I'm only doing this because I don't want to freeze to death." I state so he thinks I don't like what's happening, even though I very much am. I lay my head down on his chest while snuggling my body closer to his leaving no space between us.

"Whatever you say." I don't even have to look to know he's smirking like a mad man right now. He then starts playing with me hair which makes me more tired and relaxed then I was 2 seconds ago.

"Goodnight, brick wall."

"Goodnight, sweetheart ." And those words are the last exchanged between us before we fall asleep in eachothers arms.

*finished editing*