Chapter 31

(Y/N POV)
By the time Lexa and I got done talking and she left it was already late afternoon meaning my "date" with river was near. We never really set an exact time, hell we never even talked about the date after our kiss but my intuition is telling me to get ready in which I do. I start off by jumping in a quick shower not only to relax since I was still rattled by the close call with Bellamy but because all the running away I did from Bellamy didn't leave me the cleanest. Stepping out of the shower a quickly grab a tower, wrap it around my body and head towards my closest all while attempting to plan out an outfit inside my head. But any idea of what I was planning to wear disappeared the moment I opened my closet and was met with all my clothes. Picking out an outfit is definitely not my strong suit. It took me about 25 minutes of just staring aimlessly at my clothes before finally coming to a decision on a pair of black jeans matched with an army green long sleeve shirt.

It wasn't the most fashionable option but I favor my comfort over looking cute. After throwing on my clothes I take a quick glance over at Rosie only to find an empty bed in her place. Before I even get the chance to look for her there's a faint knocking on my door. 

"Come in!" I yell while beginning by search by looking in the bathroom. The only indication that the person heard me and entered was the door opening and closing. I probably should have seen who it was before I let them come in my room but my main priority and focus was finding my cat wherever she may be. Unfortunately Rosie was no where to be found in my bathroom so I moved my search into my room where she could be hiding anywhere. I don't even spare a glance in the unknown persons direction instead I head straight for my bed, getting down on my hands and knees and began crawling around my bed frantically peeking around every crevice for any sign of orange fur. 

"What exactly are you looking for?" The unidentified person asks who's voice I recognize to be Lucas. 

"My cat." I simply respond, still too preoccupied to have a full on conversation at the moment.

"Oh, you mean this cat?" The moment he asks that my head snaps up to him, and there I'm met with the sight of him cradling Rosie like a baby while she purrs in her sleep. I roll my eyes the the oddly adorable scene in front of me and start to pick up the mess of clothes that I left laying around, most of them were from me trying to determine what to wear but a few were from when I was rummaging through the bathroom. 

"So do you need something or what?" I ask whilst folding a pair of pants and tucking them away neatly in drawer. 

"It's about the way I acted this morning." As Lucas explains I do my best to recall to training when I last saw him, after a few seconds his odd behavior and irritability this morning starts coming back to me. 

"Ya, what was that about? I've never seen you act like that." I ask still no where near being done putting away clothes and Lucas seems to take notice of that too because he sets Rosie down gently on the bed to which she then gets up and goes to sleep in the sink in the bathroom for some reason, he then gets up and begins hanging up some clean shirts along side me. 

"The reason isn't important but I just wanted to let you know I'm sorry."

"Well thanks for the apology but I care about you, Lucas. If something is bothering you I want to help fix whatever it is." I say adding a soft smile at the end in which he returns right before he looks down at his hands and begins fidgeting with them. 

"It's just seeing you and-" He starts to say but its cut off by yet another knock at my door but this time it isn't Lucas considering he's sitting right next to me. I signal to Lucas I'll be right back before going to see who it is. Opening the door I'm met with the face of River accompanied by the widest grin I've ever seen someone have, I was so memorized by his smile I almost didn't see the mix lily's of the valley and daisy bouquet he held in his hands. 

"These are for you." River says while offering the flowers forward in which I don't hesitant to instantly accept them and in take their fresh, sweet scent. 

"These are wonderful, River. Thank you so much! I love them!" I thank him moments before engulfing him in a much needed hug for both of us. I could have stayed like that for at least five more minutes but a cough from behind me made that impossible, River and I pull apart from our embrace but his arm is still snaked around my waist almost in a territorial way.

I don't know what's worse, River getting territorial over me or me kind of enjoying this spark of jealously that I guess seems to grow in him when Lucas is around. 

"I should get going." Lucas says without his eyes leaving Rivers, they were practically daring one another to do something. I really wanted to know what was bothering Lucas but I guess with River here now I'm guessing that out of the picture since these two don't seem to be the bestest of friends right now. 

"Can we talk later?" To which I just receive a nod from Lucas before he struts out of my room but not before giving River one last dirty look. 

"What is going on with you two? You guys look like two dogs fighting over a bone." I question with a small laugh hoping to lighten the mood, thankfully it works because River rolls his eyes and a playful smile falls onto his lips. 

"A bone? No. Fighting over something or someone else? Yes." I don't even have the chance to question his words because the next thing I'm on my back in my bed while Rivers is hovering over me and tinkling me causing both of us to burst out into a continuous laughter. Me laughing because I'm being tinkled to death, him laughing because he thinks he's so funny. Finally the tickling comes to an end and a comfortable silence falls between us. The only sound now is both of our heavy breathing combined.

Smut? Its not really but like warning anyways. It kinda is idk.

A few more seconds pass and I've now become fully aware River is still hovering over me, both of us looking into each others eyes until I noticed his gaze flicker down to my lips before meeting my eyes once again. Without another thought my lips crash into his, each of us kissing the other more hungrily and passionately with every passing moment. My fingers intertwine themselves into his hair, tugging it a couple times which causes a raspy moan to build up in his throat. His hands travel up and down the sides of my body leaving a trail of goosebumps wherever his skin meets mine, his hands come to a stop when one is placed on my lower back and the other is gripping onto my boob. A small moan leave my lips when he begins playing with my hardened nipple between his fingers. River's hand that used to be on my lower back is now being used to swiftly take off my shirt, I lifted my back up to make it easier and faster which luckily it did because I was topless in less then 2 seconds. Once my shirt was off River paused for a spilt second to take in the sight of my bare chest before attaching his lips to my neck. It took him no time for him to find my sweet spot and when he did i couldn't stop myself from moaning his name and loudly may I add.

Soon his mouth found its way down to my chest and began leaving hickies surrounding or even on my nipples. I all of a sudden became very aware of my need for any type of friction and started bucking my hips, desperate to be touched. Moans and heavy breathing were the only noises filling the room, only the deaf would be the ones unaware of what's happening. River halted for a moment to strip off his shirt in which I used this short amount of time to flip us over making me top. River didn't even have time to process what happened before I was already grinding against his erection and sucking on his now exposed collarbone making prominent moans and strings of curse words leave both our mouths. Two minutes later the rest of our remaining clothes were throw across the room and anyone with a brain can guess what happened after that.

*finished editing*

A/n
I absolutely hating writing the last to paragraphs and would like to go back in time to when I didn't write that. LOL. at least I got something posted even though its pretty shitty.