Chapter 32

(Y/N POV)
A couple days had passed since River and I's time together and we hadn't spent a second away without one another, and I loved it. He'd spend the night in my room, eat all meals with another, train together, just basically any everyday thing you could think of we did together. But what was odd is that every time I would see Bellamy he would stop whatever he was doing to just stare intensely at me. We even made eye contact a few times and when we did I got the feeling he knew more about me then he was letting on. Overlooking whatever was going on with Bellamy life was overall pretty perfect well that is until both River and I were called into Lexa's room. The only time she's had people in her quarters is when she needed to deliver bad news without interrupts.

Standing in front of Lexa's room with my hand intertwined with River's I place a soft knock on her door, scared of what was to come. Not even a minute later the door swings open revealing a guard and farther into the room Lexa standing on her balcony. In spite of my anxiety eating away at my insides I composed myself, gracefully walking in with River beside me. I think River sensed my uneasiness because he gave my hand a light squeeze before letting go considering Lexa wasn't yet aware of our 'relationship'. 

"You may leave now." Lexa orders the guard without even turning around to face us, continuing to stare out at the city.

"To start this all off I know you guys are dating or whatever you call what's going on between you two. There's no need to hide it anymore," It wasn't that we were hiding it but more of not caring to talk to be about it, "The next thing I want to discuss with you two is a little more serious." As she says this I subconsciously take hold of Rivers hand again. Even though she wasn't facing us you could tell she took a deep breath before speaking again. 

"I've been informed that Azgeda is planning to attack the sky people in rebellion against the treaty we're trying to develop with the sky people. They're also trying to recruit other clans, so far they haven't gotten anyone but the way things are looking that could change very quickly. With lots a thinking I came to a decision that would help both our people and theirs." Lexa explains and by the tone of her voice I can already predict that what she's about to say is going to be hard on all of us.

"The leaders of each clan proposed a plan to me, I don't like it one bit and Y/n if you're not up for it we can figure something else out but this is the best option as of right now." Lexa continues still not getting to the point. 

"Lexa stop stalling and tell us what you're talking about." I demand as my anxiety rises by each passing second. 

"The plan consists of you, Y/n, revealing your identity to Bellamy and going with him to the sky people where you will stay for a while and help protect them. You won't be totally alone a few of our best warriors will also be sent, same with our fastest rider in the chances there is a threat I will know as soon as possible." Just as Lexa was about to start explaining the rest of the plan River cut her off before she could. 

"I'm going with her." He states as if it weren't up for debate.

"No River you are not. The plan requires you to stay here and help train the unprepared. You going with Y/n will not only distract her but if the sky people get even a whiff of a romantic relation with one of their former people and a grounder things could get ugly really fast." Lexa finishes whilst finally looking at us for the first time since we've entered. I can only imagine the amount of shock and contemplation that was shown on my face. River was filled with more confusion and anger than anything else, still he stayed silent not wanting to upset nor disrespect Lexa. 

"But like I said before if either or you aren't comfortable with this we can think of something else but right now it looks as if it might be our only option." Lexa repeats, making it clear if we weren't up for the task we wouldn't have to do it.