Chapter 13

(Y/N POV)
"Y/n get up!" Octavia screeches while trying to shake me awake. I pull the blanket over my head making a attempt to go back to sleep.

"We have to go check on the grounder!" Once she mentioned the still nameless figure I shoot up and start pulling my shoes on, the once exhausted feeling is now replaced with a feeling of liveliness. We both rush of my tent and dart to the dropship. Octavia goes to climb up the ladder but before she can do so I stop her by suggesting she stay down here while I go up and persuade the person keeping guard that Bellamy sent me to take over their shift, once they agree and leave I'll let her up there. Octavia agrees and moves aside. Climbing up the ladder I pray to whatever gods are out there that Bellamy isn't the one keeping watch because if he is, one I have to talk to him and, two the plan we just made is useless. I open the hatch just enough for my head to be visible and catch sight of Miller asleep sitting up in a chair in addition to the grounder practically hanging by his wrist with cuts and bruises all over his body, signs he's been tortured by most likely Bellamy.

Seeing the grounder like that and the thought of Bellamy doing that to him made stomach bile want to rise to my throat but I quickly push that feeling away and focus on the task at hand. I swiftly ascend up the rest of the ladder and proceed to Miller.

"Miller wake up your shifts over." I say while kicking him. He immediately wakes up and starts looking around with a scared expression. His eyes land on me the scared look on his face faltering while a confused one takes its place.

"What are you doing here?" He questions.

"Bellamy sent to to take over. You shift ended like 5 minutes ago." He nods still half asleep while getting up and making his way to and down the hatch. Right after Miller disappears the top of Octavias head surfaces soon followed by her face and shoulders, resulting in the rest of her body arising from the hatch.

We then get to work by cleaning the grounders shallow cuts, while doing this Octavia and I are repeatedly apologizing that this happened to him but like always we don't get a response in return. I know he understands us because if you pay very close attention his body language gives him away. After doing what we could for his wounds 30 minutes had passed, meaning Bellamy could show up any second to start his shift.

"Octavia we've got to go Bellamys shift is starting soon." Octavia widens her eyes and rushes to the hatch but she comes to a sudden halt when the hatchway is flung up from someone underneath. Not much later Bellamys head emerges while is attention is focused on something beneath him.

"She told me you sent her to relieve me from my shift!" I familiar voice yells from below Bellamy. Miller.

"Fuck" I quietly mutter to myself but I guess not quite enough because Bellamy instantly tears his eyes off of Miller and directs his gaze to me.

"Why the hell are you up here?" Bellamy angrily questions.

"Did you do this to him?" I furiously asked while trying to find any sign of regret of guilt on his face but he was giving me nothing.

"What are you doing up here?" He asks again, totally disregarding my question.

"I'm helping the man who saved not only my life but Octavias too. Now move out of my damn way so I can get as far away from you as possible." After I say that I can't help but feel a little guilty by the expression of hurt that falls onto his face. The guilt soon fizzles into anger when I remember he torture a man and not just any man, the one that saved Octavia and I's skin. If he didn't find us who knows what would have happened.

Bellamy climbs up the rest of the ladder and moves to the side, allowing me to exit the top floor of the drop ship. I get to the bottom of the ladder and just as Octavia goes to climb down Bellamy stops her. I glare at him going to climb up the ladder again but pauses when Octavia says, "Go, I'll her fine." I shrug turning around making my way towards the exit of the drop ship. Departing from the drop ship my gaze connects with the blue sky along with the tops of the green trees, realizing how much I hate this camp I set out to go on a walk outside the walls, not giving a shit about falling down some hill and getting hurt again. Wandering farther and farther away from the walls I take a deep breathe enjoying the way the crisp air outside of camp feels in my lungs. During the time of strolling around in the forest I got the familiar feeling of eyes on me. Brushing aside the feeling I sit down with my back leaning against a tree, fluttering my eyes shut. Being in a deep state of relaxation I didn't hear the first snap of a twig but hearing the much closer second one I snap my eyes open.