Chapter 23

(Y/N POV)
That was not what I was expecting at all, but I didn't get time to process what River just confessed to me because Lexa came followed by at least 20 people to tell us we're leaving. River quickly rushed off to his horse after that I followed soon after him but what I couldn't decipher is if he left so quickly because we're leaving or if he was scared to hear my response. I get to the stables to find Rivers horse along with him already gone, I saddle up Eria before riding off to the front of the group where I'm supposed to be beside Lexa. I want to go find River but one I don't even know what I would say to him and two I need to up with Lexa. As we ride to our destination I start to drift off into thought finally fully processing what River revealed to me. I'm shocked to say the least, I convinced myself he hated me and the fact we almost kissed was a mistake in his eyes but I guess I was dead wrong. I like him a lot don't get me wrong but I don't know if I love him quite yet, I don't even know what love feels like. I thought what I had with Bellamy was love but look what happened there, it clearly wasn't. What if I tell River how I feel and he does the same thing Bellamy did, I don't think I can go through that type of pain and betrayal again. But River isn't anything like Bellamy, so he wouldn't, he couldn't, right?

I'm snapped out of my spiraling thoughts when Lexa orders me to put up my hood, which only means we're close. I flip up my hood and adjust it to wear my face isn't visible but I'm still able to see. As we approach the bridge where the meeting is taking I take notice Clarke, Finn, and Lincoln are standing at the other side, I only spare a glance in there direction because something else catches my attention. I fix my gaze over the the side of the bridge where I'm just able to make out another group of sky people hiding with guns, even though I can tell they're with sky people I can't see them clearly enough to identify their faces. Just before Lexa and I head to the center of the bridge I stop her by slightly tugging on her arm, this results in her stopping and flicking her eyes to me all while furrowing her eyebrows in confusion, wondering why I stopped her so abruptly.

"They brought a group of people with guns, look at the end of the bridge on the right side." I let go of Lexa's arm as she peers over in the direction I described, a few seconds pass before her eyes widen slightly signaling she sees them now.

She then turns completely around and go's to inform our people to keep a close eye on the new found group, while she's absent I take this time to observe the sky people I can see clearly. Clarke and Finn seem to be confused and worried as they witness what's going down on our side of the bridge, Lincoln on the other hand appears to be just confused. When Lexa finally returns to my side she ushers me to follow closely behind before strutting to the middle of the bridge where Clarke is. We reach Clarke and you can tell by the look on her face she's intimidated but trying her best to hide it.

"We said no weapons." Clarke states firmly.

"Looks like you didn't follow the rules either." Lexa says referring to the poorly hidden group. For a spilt second Clarkes face hold an immense amount of shock but she quickly covers it up and proceeds to play dumb by saying, "I'm afraid I have no idea what you're talking about." Even though no one can see it I roll my eyes at how foolish she's being, one thing Lexa hates are liars.

"Well then I guess you don't mind me taking a stroll over there," Lexa says while pointing directly at the group clearly getting irritated by the tone she's now using. Clarke seemed to notice the change in her tone because her "act cool" persona came tumbling down.

"Look I'm sorry but you guys brought weapons too. I'll get them to come out from their spot, okay?" Clarke reasons clearly afraid of Lexa.

"Guys come out they saw you." Once she shouts that they all come out of their hiding spots slowly. Without all the shrubbery in the way I can now easily see their faces, my eyes rake over the first two which I recognize to be Raven and Jasper but my heart stops when my gaze falls onto the third one, Bellamy Blake. Just looking at him makes me want to go into a full blown panic attack but unfortunately I have to compose myself, not only for the sake of my identity but for my people.

I must of zoned out when I saw Bellamy because I'm come back into reality to the sound of Lexa raising her voice at Clarke about the village they burnt down. At the mention of the village I automatically push the thought of Bellamy from my head and focus on what's in front of me.

"Thats not our fault we didn't know." Clarke says trying to cover her ass which causes a scoff to leave my lips. Clarke hears me scoff and whips to look at me.

She observes me for a couple seconds before questioning me with an annoyed tone, "Who the hell are you?" I don't get a chance to reply because Lexa beats me to it.

"She's 2nd in command and is next in line to take my place so I suggest you treat her with some respect." Lexa was getting fed up with Clarke and anyone with a brain could tell, her tone was getting more and more irritated by the second.

Just as Clarke was about to speak Lexa cuts her off by saying, "We clearly aren't getting anywhere and its getting late so I suggest you or one of you people come back with us and we can try and work something out from there." Clarke wasn't the only one shocked by what Lexa just proposed, so was I.

Lexa despises the sky people more than anything and for her to go and offer something like that is beyond me. I glance at Clarke to see her in deep thought most likely thinking over Lexa's suggestion.

"Okay," she finally agrees, "But I will not be going I need to stay and lead my people I'll be back in a moment with someone who can come with you." Clarke finishes before taking off to the group of sky people and Lincoln. A minute passes and Clarke is still discussing with her people who's coming with us, I start growing very bored from all the waiting so I direct my attention to the necklace Lexa gave and begin fidgeting with it. A good three minutes pass while I'm playing with my necklace when I hear two sets approaching, indicating the sky people came to a conclusion on who will be accompanying us. I look up to see Clarke approaching us with Bellamy trailing behind her, this can only mean one thing. He's the one coming with us. Oh fuck.

*finished editing*