Chapter 38 Ending 2

(Y/N POV)
Strutting into camp I see everyone celebrating. Lexa and Clarke are laughing together, Monty and Jasper are getting a bonfire started, Octavia and Bellamy are talking to each-other like civilized peoples. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves except for me. Glancing at Bellamy I began thinking of what life would be like if I were to chose him over River but I felt nothing. No butterflies, no meant to be feeling, nothing. Maybe before everything that happened I would have found myself ending up with him but now the only person I wanted to grow old beside was River. Taking a closer look at my feelings for Bellamy I soon realized they were nothing more then me feeling guilty about leaving, any real love I harbored for him disappeared the night I ran away. I didn't even waste my time talking to Bellamy seeing that I didn't have much to say to him except "my love for you is fake," instead I set my priority to finding River. Everything faded into a blur as I looked around for him. The sounds of laughter, the voices, every tiny noise merged into one as I made my way through the crowds of people celebrating their victory.

I wish I could have been enjoying myself like everyone around me was but I couldn't be truly happy until River was at my side knowing I chose him over everyone else. My search for him came to a stop when my eyes fell onto him standing in a group of conversing grounder. I think he could feel my gaze on him considering he began scoping his surrounds until his attention landed on me. I could tell he was confused by my presence because he had expected me to be speaking with Bellamy at that moment. A puzzled expression fell onto his face as I inched closer to him. 

"I need to have a word with River alone, please." I say to my people causing them to disperse. The once confused look on Rivers face turned into one of a tense manner. 

"If you came here to tell me you picked Bellamy, that's okay. I mean, I don't know, I'm so deeply in love with you but I just want you to find complete and utter happiness and I just-" River rambles out in one breathe before I even get the chance to speak.Feeling the need to stop him from spiraling I press my lips against his which silences him instantly. 

"I chose you, dumbass. My love for him was merely just guilt about running away from camp." I gently whisper as I pull away from the kiss and rest my forehead to his. 

"So can we put labels on this now?" He jokes but there's a very heavy seriousness behind it. 

"Of course." I smile feeling nothing but total joy flowing throughout my body.

2 Years Later

The camp where I first landed on earth was deserted, once the ark and everyone on it came down the people who set up camp at the drop ship moved to Arkadia. I still lived in Polis as Lexa's second but would visit Arkadia every so often to see Octavia and everyone else. Things between Bellamy weren't awkward per say but they weren't normal. As of right now River had dragged me to the abandoned camp I once resided in. 

"What are we doing here?" I ask as River pulls me inside the wall that somehow managed to stay in tact. 

"Its a surprise. Now close your eyes." He instructs, doing as he said I closed my eyes. He always made sure to make our dates special but something about the way he was acting recently told me this specific date was more important than the rest. River kept a firm hold onto my hand as he led me inside the camp. 

"Okay now open." He directs while letting go of my hand. Opening my eyes I'm immediately met with the sight of lit candles scattered everywhere in camp, it being night time only added to the experience. Moving my attention to River he's standing in front of my with a wide grin on his face. 

"Do you like it?" He questions in which I nod vigorously in reply. 

"Whats the occasion?" I ask wondering what made him go all out like this. "Well you see, I've been wanting to ask you this for a long time now." He prompts whilst fiddling with something in his pocket. The next thing I know he's getting down on one knee and pulling out an exquisite ring with an opal at the center. Tears of happiness began forming in my eyes at the realization of what was taking place before me. Never had I imagined to be the type of person to get married but being with River made me realize anything can happen if you truly love someone. 

"Y/n L/n will you do me the honor of making me your husband?" Without any hesitation what so ever I jump down to his level and envelop him in a loving hug.

"Nothing in the world would make me happier." I state which prompts him to slip the ring onto my ring finger. Who knew getting sent to the ground would lead me to marrying the love of my life.

*finished editing*

a/n
hello babes so this is ending option #2. Even though its a Bellamy x reader I couldn't help but an write ending for river because if your one of the people who fell in love with river this story has come to an end for you<3