Chapter 9

(Y/N POV)
When we woke the next day the fog had thankfully lifted and we were clear to set off back to camp. On our long trek back home I attempted to distance myself from Bellamy. Since last night I could feel something had shifted between us, the feelings I had held for him were only growing stronger and I was hoping a i doing him would do the trick of dissolving them. Fortunately Bellamy was too preoccupied in keeping Charlotte safe that he wasn't focused on me. As we arrived back to camp the tension that was there before seemed to have lifted. Knowing it had something to do with Jasper I set off towards the dropship.

"How's Jasper?" I asked Clare who happened to be coming down from the upstairs.

"Much better, he's awake and lucid which is a very good sign." She smiles, happy the worst was done and over with. Once done checking in with Jasper himself I head to my tent, needing some alone time. I throw myself on my bed whilst throwing off my shoes. Settling into bed I lift my dirty bandage intending to just change it but surprisingly the cut had completely closed. I just sit and chill for a while before the flap of my tent lifts indicating I had a visitor.

"What do you want, Bellamy?" I blatantly question, still not wanting to interact with him until my feelings dampened.

"Just wondering if you've seen Charlotte."

"Why would I? It's not like I'm her mother." I reply rather ruder than I anticipated but if it meant hun leaving sooner than so be it. He shoots me a dirty look prior to exiting my tent. The rest of the day everyone including myself just sat around and enjoyed surviving this long.

The next day was absolute chaos, not only was I awoken by the shock of my wristband frying off but someone in the distance was screaming bloody murder. I swiftly race towards the sound, hoping no one was hurt. Stumbling upon the scene a lifeless body laid across the base of a tree.

"Wells?!" Clarke yelled as she ran joining my side. The few moments after discovering the body were a blur. Nearly everyone was surrounded Wells lifeless figure. Out of the corner of my eye I could faintly see something hidden in the grass reflecting the sunlight. Picking it up I came to the conclusion it had clearly been used as the murder weapon. Wells blood covered the thing completely. The murder could have been easy to pin on the grounder but considering the murder weapon was forged out of metal from the dropship and had initials carved into it this belonged knife to one of us. After discovering Murphy was the owner of the knife everyone took sides. I was the only one that didn't beloved Murphy was guilty of the crime committed.

"We don't even have proof it's him. Anyone could have taken his knife we all know how he leaves it lying around everywhere!" I try to reason with the group of punishment authority that seemed to have formed. Clarke, Finn, Bellamy, and Octavia all disagreed with me.

"Do you really think he'd be dumb enough to leave a knife behind that could be tracked back to him?" I continued, still nobody saw my point. One thing led to another and against my every command Murphy was hung for a crime he didn't commit because Clarke couldn't keep quiet and spilled everything to the blood thirsty people waiting for a suspect. With Murphy on the brink of life Charlotte confessed that she killed Wells and not Murphy, I then quickly cut the rope Murphy was strung up by and he was fine but really pissed. He then went on how if the people were willing to kill him then Charlotte should get punished too, even though she was a "kid" I couldn't help but kinda agree with him. Before Clarke, Bellamy, and I could decide on a fair punishment she ran off I refused to go look for her considering by her leaving kind of solved a problem . Murphy eventually let it go considering she wasn't at camp anymore and things pretty much went back to what we consider normal in a span of a few hours.

. . .

Today was the third day of avoiding Bellamy and so far it has not been easy. For example at breakfast we both went for the same cup of water which caused us to pretty much hold hands, we literally bumped into each other when I wasn't looking where I was going, and then at lunch I was roped into going on a supply run with Bellamy and Clarke to a bunker that Clarke and Finn found.