Chapter 35

(Y/N POV)
Waking up due to the continuous orders being thrown around camp before the sun had a chance to fully rise was something I for sure didn't miss. After taking a few seconds to myself I eventually get out of bed and quickly change into a fresh change of clothes. Choosing to wear no armor for the day I swiftly pick up Rosie and exit my tent in a pair of black jeans followed by a tight fitting dark gray long sleeve shirt and my basic tie up boots. I hadn't dressed this casual since I left camp and I must admit it felt good to disregard my armor and dress informal for a change. The moment I stepped outside my tent all eyes were trained on me and the cat in my arms. Some looked at me like I was crazy for holding such a 'dangerous creature' but a few were looked at if they wanted to pet her. Needing to get myself and Rosie breakfast I start towards the gate but stop when I passed the campfire and smelled something very tempting cooking. Glancing to see what it was I'm met with a charred meat, probably chicken, that looked appetizing due to my lack of food in my body.

Saying 'fuck it' to my distaste for flesh I snatch the meat out of a randoms girl hand seconds before she's able to take a bite of it. I could tell she was about to make a fuss out of it considering she jumped right up but stopped whatever she planned on doing when she saw who she was dealing with. 

"Thats what I thought." I mumble to myself as I start back up on my journey towards the gates and to the nearby river/stream thing. Once outside the gates and in the open woods I set Rosie down knowing she'll stick to my side as I walk. It didn't take long to get to the River but the moment we did Rosie immediately jumped in to pursuit a passing fish but only after she got a quick drink. Taking a seat on the shore I lean up a nearby tree trunk and listen to the noises of the forest, birds singing their morning song, the flowing trickle of water, the wind weaving around leaves causing a soft tussle to illuminate, just everything about the forest was soothing.

I must of been so relaxed I fell asleep because the next time I opened my eyes was to Bellamy shaking me awake with Rosie cuddled on my lap. 

"Are you okay? Are you hurt? We should get you to Clarke to make sure." He rambles out with concern flooding his eyes. 

"I'm fine." I simply state while jumping to my feet which causing Rosie to scatter off of me. To be honest Bellamy was the source of my problems right now and I didn't want to be anywhere near him, but something inside of me stopped me from walking away. 

After a few minutes of unbroken silence Bellamy brakes it by softly saying, "Y/n, I'm sorry. Sorry for everything." I knew he wasn't the type of person to apologize so him saying this took me by surprise. 

"Define everything." I instruct, wanting to know exactly what he was apologizing for. 

"For cheating on you, for taking you for granted, for giving up on us so easily." He must of caught me in a state of weakness because if any other time he said this to me I would have shut him down immediately but instead I stayed and listened.

"Why'd you do it?" I sadly question, even if I was scared of the answer I needed it. 

"In all honesty I thought we were over. I needed a distraction and she was there, naked in my tent. I tried turning her away at first but the thought of our fight that night kept popping into my head and I guess I thought sleeping with her would make the pain go away." He explained while hanging his head in shame. I could tell he never stopped beating himself up over it no matter how hard he tried to hide it I could see right through his tough guy act. I didn't know how to respond so I stayed silent, I knew that if I said something my feelings for him I worked so hard to bury would flood back. I liked River now, not Bellamy. Is what I kept repeating in my head. 

"I'll leave you alone." He states before sauntering in the direction back to camp. Partly of what I kept telling myself was true, I liked River a lot but I couldn't deny my feelings for Bellamy and how they were coming to light once again. Coming back to the camp was a huge mistake, there was no doubt about it.

Eventually making my way back to camp with Rosie by my side I longed to go home, Polis. I expected the camp to be pretty calm and normal but when I arrived things were the complete opposite of that. People were running around grabbing any type of weaponry they could get their hands on, all I knew for sure is that something had gone terribly wrong in the short time I wasn't present. Swiftly sweeping up Rosie into my arms so she didn't get trampled I jog over to wear my people were gathering their weapons and armor. 

"What going on?" I question them. 

"Azgeda declared war at sun down just minutes ago." One of them answers as he straps on a chest plate. Getting my thoughts in order I push out all and any emotion allowing me to think logically. "Send the rider to inform Lexa and the people back home, we're going to need help keeping everyone alive." I demand in which he nods and goes over to whom I assume the rider to be.

The camp and everyone inside it was total chaos, chaos that I needed to get in check if we were going to survive this. 

"Everybody stop what you're doing and listen up!" I shout loud enough for everyone to hear causing them all to come to a halt. 

"You've all probably heard by now that Azgeda will be here at sun down expecting war. Many of you here are scared or confused but that needs to stop right now if you want to live through this. Half the people who have experience with guns with be stationed in the trees so we can hit them from above. The other half of people with guns with be on the ground or wall wherever they're needed. For those of you who don't know how to use a gun you will grab any sort of weapon you're comfortable with and fight like your life depends on it, because it does. More of my people are on their way but until then stop running around like a bunch of morons and get ready." I declare which results in the utter chaos to die down and people to actually think about what they're doing.

Marching towards the drop ship, where I presumed Bellamy and Clarke to be located, I needed to advise them to lead their people while I led mine. Entering the drop ship I'm met with Bellamy, Clarke, and Raven looking at scraps of metal on a table. 

"You guys do realize we have a war to prepare for?" I question not sure what the hell they're doing. 

"Thats exactly what we're doing." Clarke states as she continues examining the scraps. 

"This is how we're going to get through this." Bellamy utters his voice barely above a whisper. Getting a closer look I realize it wasn't scraps of metal they were staring down at. 

"Landmines." I whisper to myself in satisfaction.

*finished editing*

a/n
finals and eoc's are coming up for me since I'm only a sophomore in high school so this story may not have another chapter until the end of May. I'm really sorry but studying and keeping my straight a's are a priority for me right now so it might be a while until this story is updated again. I love everyone who has taken the time to read this and/or provided me with votes, comments and follows.