Chapter 19

(Y/N POV)
"Before we get there we have to stop about a mile back and tie up ours horses so no one sees them, from there on we will continue on foot. When we get to the camp we're going to have to sneak in, once we're inside we have to do the best at covering ours faces and blending in with everyone else. The last thing we need is people seeing us, because that will lead to them asking questions and then that will lead to them figuring out I'm actually a grounder and that won't end well for either of us. And then lastly we do whatever we need to do to Lincoln out of there. So I know you understand and weren't zoning out again repeat to me the plan." Rivers says while we ride our horses through the woods in the direction of the camp. It surprisingly didn't take me long to learn how to ride Eria, I consider myself a natural but River referred to it as "beginners luck."

"Well to put in into simpler terms we first tie ours horse up a mile away from camp, we then walk all the way there, we sneak inside and make sure not to be noticed, we get Lincoln and get the hell out of there." I reply in a bored tone.

"Oh and one more thing, you can't go near anyone that you were reasonably close with because they most likely will know it's you and come asking questions." I think that's a little stupid because everyone in that whole entire camp knows what I look like considering I was one of there leaders but nod in agreement anyways.

"I'm bored lets play a game." I suggest.

"Okay what game then?" River replies almost as bored as me.

"Oo oo I know, never have I ever." I eagerly propose.

"Fine but this is most defiantly not going to end well." We both hold one hand up, using the other one to grip onto the reins so we don't fall off.

I go first, "Okay lets start out easy, never have I ever gotten drunk." We both put one finger down, neither of us surprised by the other.

"Never have I ever kissed the same gender." As he says that another one of my fingers go down, while the rest of his fingers stay up and his eyes widen in astonishment.

"It was just a silly dare, no need to start fantasizing about it." His cheeks turn a bright red at my comment and I start laughing at his flustered state.

"Okay my turn," I finally say after my little laughing fit, "Never have I ever killed someone." We both put a finger down. We're once again not surprised with each considering the way we're living killing someone is a given, but I'm still curious on who River killed.

"Who?" I ask.

"I don't know there names all I know is that they were Azgeda. It happened when I fought with Trikru during our war with Azgeda. I killed probably like 15 of them until they retreated." River said nonchalantly, I look at him with a impressed look on my face. "What about you, who did you kill?" He implores. "The two men who assaulted me, that's why I was locked up and sent down here in the first place." I state not wanting to elaborate on it more, River seems to sense that and quickly changes the subject by asking, "So how do you suppose we go about getting Lincoln out without anyone noticing?"

"Well I was thinking we could sneak some of those nuts that cause hallucinations into their food supply. Then we'll wait until enough people eat them and get Lincoln. Everyones either going to be to drugged out or too busy keeping all the high people in check no one will see us slip in and out." I proudly explain.

"Wow brains and beauty." He mumbles quietly to himself, not meant for me to hear but I'm still able to. A subtle blush covers my cheeks while a light smile finds its way onto my lips knowing he thinks I'm smart and beautiful. I tear my gaze away from the forest ahead of me and direct it to River only to find he's already staring at me. Neither of us look away causing both of us to get lost in each others eyes. After what seems like hours of gazing in each others eyes I look away after coming to the realization we're about a mile away from the camp.

"I um we should tie up the horse now?" I say looking anywhere but him.

"Ya good idea." We both jump off our horses and tie them to a near by tree. I pet Eria goodbye before turning around and walking to the camp with River following close behind me. 15 minutes of silence passed and we're slipping through the hole in the wall, luckily it was dark out making our job 10x easier. We managed to get the nuts into their food supply, people were already high and the people who weren't were taking care of the ones who were, everything was going according to plan until I saw him, Bellamy was walking through the front gates just River and I were on our way to the drop ship. The moment I caught sight of Bellamy all the good and bad memories of us flooded my head.

I quickly grabbed ahold of the back of Rivers shirt and yanked him into a empty tent.

"What the hell are you doing? We were almost to the drop ship." River whisper yells peeking outside of the tent.

"I saw him." Is all I can choke out considering I'm on the verge of crying. River whips is head around to look at me and the irritated look on his face was immediately replaced with a one of concern at seeing the state I was in. He instantly rushes over and submerges me into a hug while reassuring me, "Hey, hey, hey, its going to be okay I promise." I nod as he wipes off the stray tears on my cheek that managed to escape my eyes.

"Now lets get Lincoln and get the hell out of here." Rivers says while adding a encouraging smile. I take a peek outside the tent making sure Bellamy isn't anywhere near, once I know the coast is clear we resume on making our way to Lincoln. We make it inside the drop ship with no interruptions.

"River you stay down here and keep watch while I go up and get him." River begins to argue but before he can finish his point I've already made my way up the ladder and to the top floor. I take a quick glance around to confirm no one is up here keeping guard. The second I know we're alone I rush over to Lincoln. As I approach him he eyes my cautiously, I go to untie his wrist but he flinches away making me unable to. What have they done to make him so afraid?

"I don't have a lot of time to explain but Lexa sent me to get you out of here so please allow me to untie you." At the mention of Lexa his eyes widen in surpirse probably being that I know her name. I go to untie his wrist again but this time he doesn't flinch away and lets me do it. It takes me less than a minute to get Lincoln fully untied and on his feet. River, Lincoln, and I all make it out of the drop ship and to the hole in the wall with no complications.

River and Lincoln have already slipped through the hole meaning its now my turn. Just as I'm about to climb through I take one last look around expecting to see nothing in particular but I'm proved wrong since one specific thing is able to catch my eye. Its Bellamy and he's staring straight at me.

*finished editing*