Petrichor

Petrichor (/ˈpɛtrɪkɔːr/) is the earthy scent produced when rain falls on dry soil.

I haven't experienced a nice Christmas in a while so be patient, also where I live Christmas is in Summer so I am imagining it in Winter as everyone else does-

Background: SBI live together

----------

The semi loud tapping of the rain against the window was enough to wake Techno. He'd never been a heavy sleeper anyway.

The first thing the pink-haired male did was to check the time and confirmed that the time was 7 am in the morning. The household was quiet as he surveyed his room, the obnoxious tinsel that covered his bedhead and desk was still there after Will and Tommy 'pranked' him a couple of days ago.

Techno had the faint memory of yesterday being Christmas eve but he pushed it to the back of his mind as he stealthily went down the steps from his bedroom and down to the kitchen.

Nothing ever put his brothers and Phil in a better mood than being woken by a steaming cup of their favourite beverages, and Techno was willing to do that any day.

His first destination was Tommy's room, so he ventured into the teenager's room after knocking gently, all while carefully carrying a full mug of hot chocolate.

"Tommy," Techno called out gently, and it seemed the smell of the drink pulled the blonde out of his messy bed.

The two of them didn't say anything as they listened to the pattering of the rain on the foggy window as the water condensed on the cold glass.

Next was Wilbur.

Techno sent Tommy down to the living room ready to have family time, while Techno dealt with his night-owl brother, but he knew that he could lure his twin out of bed in no time with the mention of the hot drink.

Techno wasted no time in opening the door, already knowing that Will wouldn't mind and shook the older's shoulder carefully, in order to not spill the mug.

It sure wasn't long before the brunette was wrapped up in an unusually large blanket, clutching onto the mug for any warmth it held.

Techno left his brother to go down to the living room and went to get Phil his drink.

----------

It sure wasn't long before all four of them were snuggled on the three-seater couch, not bothering to open up the presents they'd all got for each other. This year, it was decided that it would be better to finish their hot drinks in the comfortable warmth that their family provided, rather than rushing to open the presents under the tree that Phil clearly took the lead on decorating a week earlier.

It was warm in their living room, but rather cold outside even though it wasn't snowing.

Their small bit of peace was interrupted as Tommy got restless and moved away from the couch, instead opening the front door and letting all of the warm air that came from the fireplace. Techno would have protested if it weren't for the urge to join the younger boy sitting on the front steps, watching as lightning flashed and listening to the thunder as it rolled by.

The smell was far too enticing.

Techno knew that Wilbur was pulled in by the smell as soon as the older got up to sit next to Tommy on the boy's right, and Techno joined him after just a few seconds. Phil, as always, was happy to be near his family and joined them with the blanket.

It was an odd way to spend a Christmas morning, but Techno couldn't be happier as he watched the beautiful natural lights dance across the sky in a beautiful and calming manner.

At that moment, Techno was glad that the family of four had listened to Wilbur about the smog in London. He was glad that their house was in a small town where you could clearly smell the relaxing scent of rain on dry soil.

"Merry Christmas," Techno whispered quietly as he pulled his family closer, the blanket easily falling over all over their shoulders as the light came out for the first time that day.

-----------