Independent? (Reliant 2)

Ay!

Background: Minecraft Dream SMP AU, part two of 'reliant'

Triggers: Blindness, confusion.

----------

"C'mon Tommy, we have to get back before the rain picks up again."

Technoblade was walking through the thick forest with Tommy close behind him to make their way back to Pogtopia. Tommy had his arms tightly clasped around one of Techno's own, making his robe flow in a slightly awkward way. Techno didn't mind.

Every time Tommy would stumble over a rock or a branch, Techno would always steady the boy and they would keep walking. They couldn't risk taking a break as the rain would surely come back soon. Even Techno couldn't navigate through the blinding rain. Maybe that was a bad adjective.

As far as Techno knew, Tommy was holding up pretty well since his friend came to console him, but this was such a big change in such a young child's life. Techno was sure that Tommy was blocking out what his future would hold, but Techno wasn't.

How will he fight?

What will he do?

What would others think of him now?

Is the Tommy I know gone forever?

There were so many things wrong with this whole ordeal, but Techno knew that the best plan was to go back to Pogtopia and keep Tommy alive and well. Then they can deal with whatever was going on here.

When Tommy explained to him what had happened, there was clear distress that clouded the boy's expression to the point where Techno was sure the boy was going to have a panic attack. He wouldn't let that happen. He held Tommy, held him until the rain stopped pounding against the makeshift roof and held him until his tears were dry and nightmares were gone from his mind. There was only so much the pinkette could do until he knew what was going on.

"Techno, are we there yet? My feet are sore and I just want to know my surroundings," the boy pouted, rightfully upset at his predicament.

"Almost, kiddo."

With Tommy still wrapped around his left arm, Techno uncovered the secret base and carefully led Tommy down the uneven steps. People were milling around, clearly unaware of the situation but fully aware of the stress it had put on their leaders.

"Techno? Tommy?" Phil shouted across the room, pulling Wilbur across the floor, shooing away the citizens of Pogtopia to their homes.

"What happened?" Wilbur demanded to their surprise. He'd barely spoken since the initial shock of losing his old nation.

"Tommy?" Techno nudged Tommy a little bit. He felt the younger brace himself by wrapping his arms tighter around Techno's. He had his head turned from the other three, but Techno wouldn't tell Wilbur or Philza if Tommy wasn't ready. 

The boy slowly turned his head around obediently with his eyes closed, before opening them in all their glory. The eyes that Techno now feared, the sad, cloudy white ones. Once filled with such emotion, now almost emotionless.

Techno looked away from Tommy noticeably and saw as both of the other men took a step back. Apparently, Wilbur thought this was a joke.

"This isn't a funny joke Tommy, you know there are people with actual blindness that struggle-"

Wilbur cut himself off when he saw tears surface and fall down his cheeks. Tommy quickly lost his composure and brought his hands to his sightless eyes to wipe them away.