I Am (Be Proud of Me 2)

Background: Minecraft Dream SMP AU, part two of 'be proud of me'

Triggers: Death/Murder, mentions of Tommy abuse.

----------

"WILBUR?!"

He was desperate.

Had his brother survived?

After Tommy had passed out, the towers appeared to have fallen onto the blown up land after detonation. There was rubble everywhere, and the whole land was ruined, stone and uprooted trees as far as the eye could see.

Tommy used both hands to move any rock he could, frantically calling Wilbur's name. He must find his brother, and then he can worry about everyone else.

Tears found dripped their way down Tommy's cheeks and onto the rocks as he screamed out in frustration.

Where is he?

Tommy broke down entirely, screaming and thrashing against the hard grey rock. There was nobody to help him now, and nobody to be helped. Where was everybody?

Tommy stayed in the same curled up position quite possibly for hours, or maybe minutes. He didn't care that he was in the middle of Manberg, or that he could be lying on top of hundreds of bodies. What could he do anyway?

No. I need to find Wilbur.

Wiping away the hot tears from his face, Tommy carefully stood and leaned up against a large wooden market stall that had somehow been flipped over in the explosions. If he looked closely, he thought he could see a tall, lanky figure squashed up against the rocks about a kilometre away.

"Wilbur?" Tommy whispered, mostly to himself before running over to his brother. There was no time to wait now, Wilbur needed him.

----------

They were walking side by side in the forest that surrounded Manberg. Tommy and Wilbur had run away as soon as they noticed a small group of people rescuing others from the wreckage. They most definitely couldn't be seen there and then.

Wilbur hadn't spoken once. Tommy didn't know why.

Was he mad?

Sad?

Worried?

"Tommy? Your arm is bruising and bent."

Sure enough, it was. He had a broken wrist, and he'd probably worsened it since the detonation. Why did Wilbur care? It was something so insignificant and unimportant. Why is Wilbur bringing that up?

"We should go," Wilbur stated quietly, although not without some forcefulness.

This was okay, Wilbur would be proud of him soon, right?

----------

"Wilbur, he was threatening us! Remember what you always told me when I was younger? Family is everything. We can't let him get away with this!" Tommy yelled, making drastic arm movements toward the man opposite him, being mindful of his healing wrist.

Wilbur was increasingly quiet assessing the situation. He'd changed since the explosion. So had Tommy.

When did Tommy become like this?

This was far from the quiet and mindful child that he knew before all of these wars (Let's just pretend he was ever quiet), so what made him like this?

"Let's go, Tommy," Wilbur said, almost too quiet to be heard.

Don't let him do anything stupid.

As they were walking away, Wilbur heard something come from the boy's mouth as he was trailing behind the older.

"I will make them proud of me."

----------

Tommy stood emotionless before Wilbur and Techno, as well as a dead body that Tommy had killed just moments before. Wilbur could only stare in shock, while Techno let loose some stay tears. Something like that never happened.

Tommy was a heartless murderer.

His little brother didn't even look in pain.

His best friend.

What made him into this?

"I just wanted to make you proud."

Wilbur stood back a bit, before the tears flowed freely down his cheeks, staining his clothes.

What have I done?

All those times he would hit Tommy just to do his bidding.

Beat him.

Tommy would get back up, and Wilbur assumed it was fine.

In fact, he didn't even think about it. He was in such an awful state of mind that he didn't care about Tommy or Techno. Hell, even Tubbo.

Now, this was the end result of that neglect. The absolute worst outcome.

And Wilbur felt horrible.

Wilbur quickly recovered from his revelation and gave the blonde a tight, brotherly hug. As fierce and protective as one could get. Techno also crossed the small four-cornered room in a few strides to join them.

"We were always proud of you Tommy. I'm sorry that I failed to show it." Wilbur whispered in Tommy's ear.

It wasn't long before he heard faint sniffles from the 16-year-old buried in Wilbur's shoulder, and the three fell to the ground and held the long-awaited hug.

----------