Legs Away

Idk if I said it already but slanted words are either flashbacks/memories, thoughts or are for emphasis :)

Background: Post Tommy leaving Logstedshire.

Triggers: Mentions of attempted suicide (Not really just Tommy waking up drowning)

----------

"Where is the Respiration 3 book? Tommy is gonna wake up soon!" Techno whispered harshly to the voices in his head.

He had spent all night getting the resources for the book because all of his emeralds had been stolen by something or someone.

Technoblade didn't exactly know why he was crafting a helmet with his precious turtle scutes, but when Tommy came back from Logstedshire, he felt the overwhelming desire to protect the boy from any harm.

"I always seemed to wake up drowning, Techno. I couldn't help it. Every morning I seemed to go deeper and deeper into the ocean with less health each time I woke up, and I don't know why Techie!" Tommy let out in the rare moments between them, with tears streaming down his face. Techno pulled the trembling boy into a hug.

He found the enchantment book after a few more minutes of searching and quickly added it to the turtle shell, shaping it so it resembled a helmet that would fit Tommy's head. Well, he hoped it would fit because it sure didn't fit him.

He hastily wrapped the present in simple wrapping paper Phil had made at some point after naming the helmet 'Tommy's Present', and slowly started making breakfast for the both of them after leaving it on the bench.

Tommy had only come to his brother figure a week ago, and he was still missing his much-needed nutrition as he was as skinny as a twig.

SkinnyInnit

TwigInnit

Technobro

Techno chuckled quietly at the antics of his inner voices before perking his floppy hybrid ears at the sound of footsteps descending the stairs, and he willed the voices to be quiet.

"Hey, Blade!" Tommy forced one of his trademark grins onto his tired face, dropping it as soon as Techno waved at him as if telling him there was no need.

"Hey Tommy, I have a present for you." Techno started, never being the one for small talk.

He watched as Tommy's eyes lit up, questioning the credibility of what Techno had said like he didn't believe him. 

That is until he saw the badly wrapped present on the bench in between him and Tech.

Tommy hesitantly reached out to grab the present, his hands still covered in the long, blue sleeves of the shirt Techno lent him. He snickered at the fact that it didn't fit him but shut up when he saw Tommy's halfhearted glare at him.

Tommy carefully unwrapped the present and almost dropped it when he realised what it was, tears coming to his wild blue eyes, ones that had been dark grey when he first arrived.

"You remembered!" He gasped out quietly, gently placing the helmet onto the bench and wrapped his hands around Techno's shoulders and smiled into his shoulder when he felt the hug be silently reciprocated. 

Neither of them minded the silence.

"I feel safe here, Techno, thank you," Tommy mumbled into his idol's shoulder, and he wouldn't be imagining it if he felt the arms around his waist hold on a bit tighter.

"If I could just wish my legs away because they take me nowhere safe."

"They took me somewhere safe Tech."

They hugged for a long time after that.

----------