Fireworks

Inspired by: SAD-ist's animatic above, I loved the fireworks-

Background: Minecraft Dream SMP AU

Triggers: Death, grief, massacre.

----------

Time slowed.

Time slowed as the spark of a singular firework seemed to change the world. His world.

The maniacal laughter coming from the man below them, similar to that of Wilbur's.

Multiple fireworks were set off into the sky with a powerful display of a large variety of colours. Tommy couldn't care less.

There was no cheering for the fireworks like there had been in the past, but the blurred screams seemed to merge into one another. Tommy's ears buzzed as the chaos unfolded in slow motion.

He looked down at his toolbelt and pulled out the ominous green peal, staring at it for only a fraction of a second before launching it into the air, aimed perfectly at the stage where a small boy was falling to the ground while one other man spat out fireworks into the crowd.

The pearl landed midair above the bloodstained stage, making Tommy brace for the impact of falling about 2 metres before sprinting over to Tubbo, his best friend. His dying best friend.

Tears streamed down Tommy's face as he held his best friend's head and watched as the bright light faded from the boy's greyish-blue eyes. He used to look into those eyes and see peace and serenity, but now he just saw the plain panic as his blurred vision tried to grasp on to any image. Tubbo was soon granted that wish as something cleared and let Tommy's face fill his sight.

"I'm sorry, Tommy. It was never meant to be like this," Tubbo whispered softly, aware of the fact that these could be his last words. Tubbo observed as bright blue and purple lights flashed across Tommy's face. He didn't know what those lights were, but he drowned in the desperate ice blue eyes on Tommy's face.

Why is Tommy's face fading?

"Tubbo? No, don't say that Tubbo! Stay with me!" Tommy cried out loudly, ignoring the sobs of the people in the seating area. They were mourning for Tubbo, but they let this happen.

I let this happen.

Tommy watched as Tubbo's eyes started closing slowly, and there was nothing to do other than scream for his best friend to stay alive. If he died, surely Tommy's soul would go with him.

Tommy always thought about dying on the battlefield, sometimes it would be with Tubbo, and others it would be to protect him. Tubbo was like his little brother, despite the brunette being older by months. He would die for the older boy.

The thing is, Tommy knew that Tubbo would do the same. The fact that Tubbo risked his life by becoming a spy just for Tommy's sake showed that. Now he had to pay the price.

Tubbo didn't deserve any of that just to protect Tommy.

None of this shouldn't have happened.

But in the back of Tommy's mind, he knew that he wasn't the only one to blame for this heartless murder. Tubbo was dead now. And his last words were apologies?

Technoblade.

Jschlatt.

Quackity.

Dream.

Wilbur Soot.

Georgenotfound.

Fundy.

Many more.

All had done something to do with Tubbo's death.

All had done something to hurt Tubbo. The friendliest and most helpful person on this server. And now he was dead.

Revenge must be served cold.

Tommy quickly looked around and his eyes coldly flicked to a pink-haired figure standing in the middle of the mayhem, still laughing at the grim sight of the mass murder in front of the stage.

Tommy felt his hand land on the hilt of his sword, as he carefully set Tubbo's lifeless head down onto the hardwood floor and stood up. He snuck up behind Techno and drew his sword, deliberately making enough noise for the man to hear him.

Let him plead before his death.

The red rubies were instantly trained on Tommy's own eyes as the two glared at each other in a standoff. One with his crossbow out loaded with a firework, and the other with a netherite sword enchanted with a shiny purple glow.

He will pay for what he has done.

Tommy broke the standoff by making a calculated swing at the more trained, experienced fighter. It didn't matter that he knew he would lose. Tubbo was worth everything to him.

Techno immediately blocked Tommy's shield, despite being shocked by the blonde attacking him.

Tommy became vaguely aware of the new presence on the stage. It was almost like a play. They were fighting, on a stage. But this was real, and Tommy wanted revenge for all the pain that Techno had caused him and Tubbo.

"See Techno, Tommy is a man driven by his emotions. A man driven by fear and hate, as well as love."

The familiarity of the voice didn't strike Tommy until he turned around to the source of the voice. Wilbur Soot was standing 8 metres away from the fight, with his hands clasped behind his back and a wicked smile plastered on his distraught face.

Was this man not broken?

Were any of them not broken?

The area seemed to clear for Tommy. It was only Wilbur, Techno and him in the area. On the stage, alone. Nobody else to fight but themselves.

Why couldn't he save Tubbo?

Why couldn't he save Wilbur from insanity?

Was Techno to become just as insane as Wilbur, or maybe more so?

Possibly. He'd already killed off half of the crowd in just a few firework shots. What was the difference between the three of them?

Nothing.

The three ex-best friends were standing in a triangle. Two of them had weapons and armour, the other was defenceless in a kind of 'I don't care if I die' way.

"The thing is, Tommy, is that the only universal language is violence. It is something that I speak very well. This," Techno waved his hand around the massacre before continuing, "This is what we're made to do. Take over those in power, and then pay the price for our actions."

Tommy looked disbelievingly into the pinkette's eyes, still not approving what he was hearing.

When did all of his best friends become so crazy?

When did Tommy lose his sanity?

Was Tubbo the only thing holding them down?

Tubbo's gone now.

The three enemies found themselves staring at the limp body at in the box, near the middle of the stage. He didn't deserve to die right?

Tommy let one last tear fall to the ground before he let his legs carry him away.

Away from all of the trauma and death.

Away from all of his mistakes.

Away from his traitors.

He couldn't fucking take it anymore.

----------