Nobody Else Will

I'M SORRY BUT AWESAMBROTHER???? AWESAMDAD?? COOL ANIMATION???

Background: Minecraft Dream SMP AU, after the destruction of L'manberg (I just skipped those streams idk why), Tommy had no contact to his former family

Triggers: Mentions of neglect, swearing

-----------

TommyInnit whispers to you: Sam

TommyInnit whispers to you: I'm scared, please come to the Hotel

TommyInnit whispers to you: Quickly, please

You whisper to TommyInnit: Tommy, are you okay??

Today was going to be a good day for Awesamdude. He was finally going to get some of the construction done for the Hotel, and he hoped that Tommy would love his design that took him hours to make.

The design was just very resource-consuming, so he thought he'd give Tommy something to focus on, like a healthy stress reliever that also helped with the building progress.

Sam had just exited his home when he got the call from the 16-year-old and had immediately gathered all of his items and combat tools ready to aid the boy.

It seemed as though nobody else would, anyway.

He sprinted through the portal connected his home and the Dream SMP and booked it to the Hotel, with feelings and thoughts racing through his mind the whole way.

Is Tommy okay?

Why didn't he answer?

Why was I the only one he felt he could call?

The last question was the one he really knew the answer to, but that didn't mean he liked it.

Tommy had nobody. He felt the need to call the person that lived so far when there were so many people near him. He felt that nobody had his back.

He knows you do...

He found the blonde boy curled up against one of the construction walls in his simple leather armour that Sam had given him. He looked so small, with his head tucked in his arms and his legs brought up to the wall, lying down on his side in a rather uncomfortable spot.

It didn't take long for the 24-year-old to kneel down at the boy's side and shake him gently awake, but his only response was a small whine and flinching away from his calloused hands.

"Tommy? It's me, Sam. What's wrong?" He spoke gently, internally scared that the boy would get up and run at any loud noise. He had a tendency for doing that in the past but is other 'persona' Sam Nook helped him out with that.

"Sam? 'M tired.." Tommy spoke groggily. It was only about 9 am in the morning now that Sam looked at his communicator, but he knew that there was something wrong with the boy, so he helped Tommy sit up against the wall.

"Tommy? What happened?"

"Well, uh, I got jumped by a couple o' people, can't remember who they were," Tommy seemed to speak a little louder as he began to wake up more, "I think.. Niki and Jack?"

His face fell sadly when he remembered who hurt him.

Sam pulled the boy into a hug, carefully avoiding the now obvious injuries that had sparked concern in him once Tommy sat up.

He knew that Niki and Jack were after him, but this looked like a murder attempt. Sam hadn't told him purely because he didn't want the kid to worry about attempts on his life. He was supposed to protect Tommy...

Maybe this wouldn't have happened if he let Tommy have better armour on.

Unlike Dream, Sam wanted Tommy to wear crappy and loose-fitting armour just so he could let go of the burden of wearing armour meant for adults, designed for harsh wars.

By the looks of things now, maybe the kid couldn't be protected from the wars.

Sam had to keep Tommy closer. He has to try.

Nobody else will.

The hug lasted a very long time, but Sam needed to know the full story and treat Tommy's wounds, so he led Tommy back to a safe part of the construction zone that he used when Sam Nook waited for Tommy to be done with his 'tasks'. It had a medkit just in case of situations, although he didn't expect it to be like this.

"C'mon Tommy, we'll get you fixed and you can tell me what happened if you want."

He helped the boy limp to the sturdy chair he constructed a while ago and gently asked for Tommy to take off his armour so he could get a look.

Tommy had trusted him enough with his trauma a few days ago and he didn't want Tommy to relive it in any way, so when Tommy gave him an unsure look at those words he gave reassurances that he would give it back soon enough.

It made his heart swell that Tommy's fear was replaced with trust as he took off his armour and lifted his shirt a bit to reveal a few cuts that Sam immediately began to wrap up.

"They ran off y'know," Tommy said, jerking Sam out of the concentrated state he was in.

"I think they were going to kill me, but I told them you were coming and-" He was cut off by his own gut-wrenching sobs. Sam didn't need to hear the rest of the story.

He assumed that the two partners in crime thought they could get away with murder without witnesses, but apparently, Sam put a wrench in their plans.

Fucking good.

The poor boy was shivering underneath Sam's gentle touch, to the point where Sam put down the antiseptic cream and bandages to pull the boy into the second hug that day, at only 9:15 am. He held the boy in his tight grip, trying to stabilise him in the chair as he looked like he would fall over from the sheer sadness that overtook him.

"Hey, hey, hey, I'm here bud," Sam whispered gently into the boy's ear.

It took a while for Tommy to calm down enough for him to continue whatever he was saying, so Sam sure as hell would listen. Nobody else would.

"You're... Thanks for being there for me Sam Nook." The blonde gave the masked man a watery smile.

"Well of course Tommy, I'll always be there for you!" He tried to sound optimistic for the teenager's sake, but it came out strangled. This boy was putting in so much trust in him. It made him proud, but it was so, so upsetting for him.

They pulled away from the hug and Tommy started to put his armour back on once Sam had finished with the bandaging. He showed Tommy the updates on the Hotel without a word, trying to give Tommy enough space but staying close to him because let's be honest... he's clingy.

"Nobody else was," Tommy whispered, just loud enough for Sam to hear.

Time to pay a visit to a neglectful family and a couple of attempted murderers.

----------

mmm