Honour (Dishonour 2)

Here ya go :))

Background: Minecraft SMP AU, Hybrid AU, Dishonour 2

Triggers: Same as the last one

----------

Sometimes the cruelty of life hits you when you're staring down at two children looking like living corpses.

Yeah, that would do it.

Bastions were extremely hard to find in the hot and dangerous landscape, and Phil had been following a small trail for a while, and he had a feeling that it would lead to one. Phil had never actually seen a Bastion before, and he assumed that the piglins had started building them a few years back. It would explain the fact that there were only a few records of them.

He had only picked up the trail a few hours ago. It was subtle, made of small chips of blackstone but once you'd seen it it wasn't hard to lose it. Phil's interests had spiked when he found that the big black structure was still intact with various gold blocks and unlooted.

It made him question who made the path because it clearly wasn't a human. The bastion would have been looted and destroyed, and Phil had never come across another human in his time in the nether anyway.

Only the major villages had the kind of 'otherworldly' technology, and the nether portals weren't really used by them unless they are in dire need of some blaze rods or other things. Because of this, knowledge of the nether was rare and sacred.

It was why Phil decided to live by himself and collect knowledge to share one day.

Today was the day that Phil decided he wanted to live with two scared, homeless hybrids.

It was a bad sight to see.

One blonde child with barely visible piglin features was coddled up next to a pink-haired boy with small tusks already growing in. The only reason Phil knew that last detail was because the older boy was threatening him with them.

What looked to be an 11-year-old boy was waving a shoddily made golden sword around, that really wasn't half bad compared to the standard piglin weaponry, but it wasn't threatening in the slightest.

The blonde boy behind the pink-haired one, however, was staring at him in complete and utter awe, and Phil could only guess that the 11-year-old's grunting was him telling the younger off for getting near him.

The rest of the day was just Phil trying to figure out what had happened. Upon giving the boys a couple of golden nuggets, he had booked it out of there as to not intrude more than he already was. He figured that he could stay in the nether for a couple more days.

He wanted to find out how he could gain the boy's trust, and take them under his literal wing.

After a couple hours of travel, Phil came across what looked like well-established piglin pack. They seemed to be a hunting group, as they were in a red forest and where equipped with crossbows and swords, as well as some carcass that looked freshly killed.

Phil didn't try to approach them. That was never the way to go with piglins.

Instead, he hid amongst unnatural red vines that were reaching towards the sky and observed.

There were two swordsmen at the front of the group, one wielding a crossbow, and three smaller piglins that Phil recognised to be children. They did look a lot like the pink-haired boy he had found earlier.

He watched them kill the nearby hoglins and retrieved the dead body, as the piglin children that looked to be about 8 followed closely behind, probably observing the way they hunted.