Traitor

Background: Minecraft Dream SMP AU, easy respawns exist, Manberg is similar to in the Trapped chapter

Triggers: Violence, betrayal

----------

The days leading up to the revolution were hard. 

The brunette boy inspected the Pogtopian people as they hurriedly gathered resources for the big event in four days time. It was 45 people against 35 on the Manberg side, but that didn't mean Pogtopia could slack.

When he'd heard of a traitor on their side, his mind immediately went to either Wilbur or Technoblade. Techno was likely to be the traitor because he didn't really have any emotional connection to L'manberg or anyone but Tommy and Wilbur, and Wilbur had made deals with Dream to blow up the once-great nation.

It was an equal possibility.

And everyone was wary.

Tubbo fiddled with his netherite sword and went out of the ravine to the spider farm. Mending on his armour really was the way to go, but everything was about to break.

Not many people were currently in the position to fight, but they needed to be when the time came to take back L'manberg.

Halfway to the farm, Tubbo spotted a tall, lanky figure in the distance, and immediately recognised Tommy. The brunette gently smiled as the blonde approached his best friend, with the smile reciprocated on his face.

"Hey Tubbo, how ya doing big man?"

"Pretty good, pretty good!"

Tommy let out a loud laugh as they continued to walk together, Tommy happy to go with Tubbo wherever the boy wanted. 

They are best friends after all.

Tubbo's stress vanished with the younger boy's presence, as they talked about the new bees Tubbo had found, and how maybe someday Tommy could look after one. Maybe.

Once they reached the hidden hole, they dropped down into the small water pool, not getting hurt because of Minecraft's physics. 

The deafening sound of the spiders couldn't drown out the happy laughter of the boys as they talked about random subjects.

----------

"Techno, you aren't the traitor, are you?" Wilbur asked cautiously. All he knew was that he wasn't the traitor, and that didn't really narrow it down that much.

He sighed.

"Why would I be a traitor, Will? I would never side with the elected government." Techno directed the question at the older with a small indignant smirk. The monotone voice and the impassive face always threw Wilbur off, but God did that smirk infuriate him.

"We know you would switch sides at a moment's notice. Hell, you've done it multiple times before! Please just answer the question."

"No Will, I am not the traitor." Technoblade rolled his eyes.

His voice was dripping with sarcasm, but Wilbur was inclined to believe that it was just his nature. His humour.

But this wasn't funny. This wasn't a bit, nor a harmless joke.

No, this was life or death.

And it would be nice to not die like this.

Wilbur sighed once again and pushed himself up from the chair at the meeting table. He couldn't deal with this, not right now.

As he exited the room, his gaze travelled over everything happening in the ravine. Every quarrel, every movement, every hug and every smile. Upon noticing the leader's arrival, they warily glanced at Wilbur, until the brunette gave to wave for them to continue their work.