The Burning Pile (2/2)

Background: Part 2 of 'the burning pile' (obviously)

-----------

Phil found his two other boys in the large backyard. It was mostly used by Wilbur, but it was to his surprise that Techno was there as well.

"Wilbur, Techno!" The man yelled as he neared the boys, successfully startling both of them.

Good.

"Mind explaining the state of the boy I found with tear streaks down his face sleeping underneath his desk?"

Phil knew that the tone of voice he was using would scare them. It was the kind that could easily scare anyone out of their mind, and normally it was in Techno and Wilbur's favour. 

Before Wilbur even got to open his mouth, Phil continued.

"You know what, get to the pit."

The two young adults begrudgingly headed down to a relatively open area, not ready to defy Phil's orders at all.

Meanwhile, Phil headed back upstairs to shake his youngest awake gently.

"Tommy, we're having a family meeting, come down to the pit when you're ready," Phil told Tommy in his calmest tone.

The blonde's eyes visibly widened. The family had a few fights now and then, but when Phil calls a family gathering it is usually important. The only thing that confused Tommy was why they were meeting at the pit.

The pit was a semi-large hole in the middle of a field, and the pit was usually used on family events to host a large bonfire.

Phil left the boy in his room so he could go to the bonfire pit, but not before grabbing a few things.

When he reached the pit, Phil noted how uncomfortable the atmosphere was, and he could see regret shining on Will's face clear as day. Techno looked no better, probably because he didn't coach Tommy through his panic like normal.

Once Tommy arrived, no words were passed between the brothers like normal, so Phil took the time to hand each of his boys a piece of paper and a pen, and then lit the small pile of leaves that would cause the sticks to catch fire.

"So I understand that you boys have been under a lot of stress lately. Streaming can do that. I don't want you to put that aside, and instead, I want each of you to write down what has happened in the last week. Everything that has angered you. Write it all down. You don't have to share it if you don't want to, but let everything be poured onto the paper."

Wilbur and Techno had done this once or twice, and Techno let out a small "it stays in the pit", and promptly started writing.

Tommy seemed a bit out of place, not really knowing what to do until Phil gave him a reassuring glance and started writing down his thoughts on the paper provided.

The bonfire grew.

Phil gave them five minutes, though the tension was thick between all of them.

The bonfire had reached its full height.

"Tommy, do you want to share your thoughts?"

The boy looked down at his paper and thought for a minute, before giving a tentative nod. The boy had been rather secretive ever since he'd been adopted, so this was something that surprised everyone around the fire.

"I-I know that I can be really annoying..." tears fell "... and I know that there are times when I don't shut up. I felt as if I can truly express myself in this household, and I haven't been able to ever since my parents..." Tommy's small ramble was cut short by Phil sitting down next to the log the boy sat on and rubbed comforting circles onto his back.

"Since my parents kicked me out for being myself."

The boy finished and Phil decided that it was progress. The older man knew of this, and the older boys knew of his triggers, but this was promising that Tommy had let it out by himself. Now Phil knew because Tommy had told him, and not because of some stupid adoption papers.

"Will?"

His son in the yellow jumper lifted his head from his hands and rested his gaze on the piece of paper he'd seemingly scribbled on.

"Tommy, I'm sorry for yelling at you. I had no reason to and you know that I love you..." Wilbur started, looking directly into the piercing blue eyes across from him.

"I just feel so stressed. I love my family, but I also love my fans and my job, and it's almost too much. I know that you guys are probably going through the same but, it's different."

Phil gave an understanding nod and motioned for him to continue.

"I just need some time to wrap my head around recent events, and I guess I just haven't had that time to myself lately. Sorry."

Phil acknowledged his words with a small hum.

"Techno?"

"I'd rather not." The pinkette responded.

With that, all the boys were left standing up, and without even being instructed, they each threw their papers in the fire, now slowly dying down.

Hugs were exchanged and apologies received.

All four family members left the pit feeling better than they'd arrived...

... With all their problems on the burning pile.

----------