Dishonour

100k reads!

Background: Realistic Minecraft, Hybrid AU

Triggers: Abandonment, mentions of slavery/abuse

-----------

The two brothers were cast away at the ages of 8, and 3.

Hybrids dishonoured their species.

They were never accepted in the first place, but when piglin hybrids were rare, it was easy to throw them away from the pack with no troubles. The age the hybrids are cast out depended on the pack, whether they were fighting for or against their banishment or were being hidden away by the parents or other figures.

Hybrids represented the love or abuse between two different species. The humans were the ones to take advantage of the piglins and use them as slaves when captured. What the humans did to them then was nothing good. Piglins were seen as things and nothing more, which was far from the truth.

Techno and Tommy were given names by Techno's mentor Brutus. They were kept hidden from the majority of the pack by Brutus while Techno was being trained from age 6 when Tommy was 1. They never did find their mother, presumably left to the humans after returning to the pack with her hidden kids. After being a human's 'pet' you weren't seen as good anymore.

Technoblade knew that this time would come and that Brutus would eventually have nowhere to hide them. Brutus had taught him everything from sword fighting to survival tips to baby care, but he got the sinking feeling that it wasn't enough. While humans of any kind were killed on sight, the hybrids got a chance. It wasn't much, but they had to make do.

As soon as Techno set out into the harsh environment outside of the pack's base, Techno equipped the brittle golden sword and was curious to find a golden crown laying next to the wall. He wouldn't have noticed it if it weren't for the hybrid eyes designed to find gold and the small toddler walking confidently to it.

Techno smiled as he scooped up his brother Tommy and the crown, deciding it was gifted to him by Brutus. After gathering the small amount of cooked hoglin meat and other supplies, Techno adjusted Tommy on his hip and started their walk east, where Brutus informed him there was an abandoned bastion cleared out by humans a few years ago.

As Techno walked, Tommy had fallen asleep with his head on Techno's shoulder, apparently exhausted from all of the weird looks the pair were getting. There were large groups of zombified piglins who paid them no mind and other piglin colonies who would either chase them off their land or simply stare threateningly.

It was clear that Techno was a hybrid, which was the only reason they were still alive. His tusks were quickly growing in and he had pink hair and pink piglin ears to match. Tommy was more human than anything else, but that was to be properly determined once he was able to talk properly and show his personality a bit better.

The blonde did, however, have an obsession with anything golden, and that included Techno's new crown.

Once they'd settled into a small cave for the day to sleep, Techno immediately settled down the tired toddler and unpacked everything, blocking up the entrance so they wouldn't be found and Tommy wouldn't disappear.

It wasn't long before the two settled down and went to sleep holding each other close.

-----------

Techno was 11 when he first came into contact with a human.

The pinkette assumed that the man had stumbled across the bastion by accident and had found the two in a cave that they had made in cases of emergency. Sure, Tommy didn't help much.

Techno had immediately taken up a protective stance over the six-year-old, who was crying silently after reporting that someone had intruded while he was playing at the top of the bastion, their home.

With the golden sword he'd spent months working on a while ago, he quickly waved it at the human trying to scare it away. The thing is, the human was bigger, stronger and had gained fascination from Tommy.

While the two didn't speak much on account of Techno having to teach Tommy a language he barely knew himself, Techno had half the mind to push the boy away and back under his protection once the young boy had reached towards the man.

"Back off Tommy!"

"But he's got gold!"

Techno hadn't moved his gaze from the stranger's eyes, but he had no idea what the kid was grumbling about until he broke the stare and followed the younger's pointer finger.

The man had golden hair.

Techno had always been interested in Tommy's own golden hair since he'd never seen it before. He'd guessed that it was a trait that humans possessed and now he was proven right.

The man himself was mumbling an unknown language to the nether and it seemed to be directed at them. Techno still had his sword pointed directly at the man's heart but was now looking confused.

They look so similar.

After the man realised that the words did nothing he dug around the satchel hidden underneath his green robes and pulled out two golden nuggets, holding them out tentatively to the youngest. 

Instincts told Techno this was bait.

The voices inside his head that many piglins had said otherwise.

Trust him.

He'll take care of you and Tommy.

He won't hurt you.

The pink-haired boy lowered his sword as he watched Tommy cautiously take the golden nuggets from the strange man.

Then the man was gone.

The two boys were left with two nuggets and their own confusion.

-----------