Chapter 19

Nyx POV

Slicing the monsters throat, it begins fidgeting as its blood began to pour out rapidly, experiencing a painful and slow death.

"Oh your not going to die just yet" placing my hands on its forehead, I began digging into its mind, searching for memories of the location of the Olympians. Nothing.

"Well your useless" snapping its neck.

I hear muffling coming my way, so I ready my daggers to strike. "If you think you can suprise attack the queen of darkness, your better-off throwing yourself over a cliff" I spat as I willed the darkness to pull out watever it was that was hiding in the shadows.

Yanking forcefully to me, there appeared a woman with Auburn hair and silver eyes struggling to free herself from my shadows.

"Artemis?" Releasing my grip of her she fell to the floor groaning. "Sorry." Helping her up on her feet.

"What are you doing hear lady Nyx?" She said still getting herself together.

"I can say the same thing"

"I asked you first"

"Well if you have to know, I'm here on a quest to free the Olympians out of this fortress with my brother Chronos and Percy."

"Your here to free them too? Who is this Percy guy? I keep hearing of him from everyone, but I've never actually met him?"

"He's just some powerful demigod or something. Anyways, if we're on the same mission, we should work together on finding the location of that damn chamber they're locked up in"

"Agreed, but what about your friends?"

"Forget about them, they'll figure it out on their own"

Dashing through the dungeons of the tower, we encountered hordes of abominations, but with our combined powers they were easily vanquished into the Void. When monsters die in the surface world, their essence is sent back into Tartarus where they first were brought forth, but when they die in Tartarus, they are permanently sent away into the Void, they become...empty, formless.

"How much further Artemis?"

"We're close, I can feel the other Olympians' powers radiating stronger as we move forward"

We descended further through the depths, and we entered a mahoosive cavern. It was like a giant stone city was built underneath the tower, amazing. In the distance we saw a group of abominations setting their bows and they fired.

Taking my blade, I moved forward and deflected the incoming arrows while Artemis steadied her bow.

"Take this!" releasing her focused arrow, it split into multiple pieces creating a volley of thorned arrows.

Just before the arrows were about to hit, a great force of wind blasted them away. We halted and we readied ourselves for who the hell did that.

"This is as far as you two get" A man came with jet black hair and electric blue eyes came forward.

"Father?" Artemis stated in shock "What's going on?"

"Be gone!" He conjured a stream of lightning charged towards us, but I quickly created a dense shield of darkness. As if it had a mind of its own, the lightning circled around the shield and blasted us from the side, knocking us down.

This is ridiculous "It will not be that easy to defeat us". I manipulated shadows around Zues and forcefully pulled him, knocking his balance over. Artemis, regaining her posture, threw knives at the abominations, perfectly piercing through their skulls, turning them to dust.

Zues standing back up, he created a field of lightning around him appearing as if he was drawing lightning from the enviroment; he then focused some energy upon the tips of his fingers and sent beams of pressurized electricity. Slamming the floor with the palms of my hand, I created a pool of liquid dark ooze which I then manipulated to shoot a jet stream countering the beams and absorbing its energy. Quickly, I transfered the absorbed energy towards Artemis' readied arrow, enforcing it with an electric glow and she let it fly. In response, he created a whip and used the electricity enforcing the arrow to his advantage to manipulate it's trajectory and reflecting it back towards us.

Jumping forward, I dodged the arrow and Artemis gracefully took back the arrow by turning around and postioning her bow so that it would automatically place itself sheathed and steadied for her to aim. Swiftly, she turned around and released the arrow for the second time and it exploded into multipled shards swarming towards Zues but, then he created an electric shockfield around him which he then released in a shockwave, disintegrating the shards and coming towards us. I engulfed us in a shere of liquid darkeness, shielding us from the blast, and I shadow traveled Artemis behind Zues while he is recovering from the outburst of energy. Reusing the sphere, I transformed it into a javelin, piercing though Zues' lightning field and absorbing the energy, leaving him powerless while Artemist took her dagger and pierced it though his chest and cried out in pain. He fell to his knees and Artemis thrusted her knife aiming towards the back of his neck, I saw a shadow appear behind her.

"Artemis watch out!" but it was too late, a trident pierced through her gut. Instantaneously, I warped my self to appear behind her attacker, I forcefully ripped his grip of the trident and slammed his body to the floor while pulling out the trident from her to quickly stab him with his own weapon, but a hammer slammed into my side knocking me over as I hit the floor, yet not before I threw the trident towards my suprise attacker, piercing though his chest.

"Poseidon? Hephaestus?" Artemis said while holding her stomach trying to relieved her wound, but then she was blasted from behind by Zues and she flew forward next to me.

Grabbing her, I warped us pass them to give us distance between them. Standing back up on our feets, we prepared for our next attack.

"Well things just got complicated" Artemis said

"It seems" I said chuckling.

A flash of light appeared next me, "About time guys"

"Did we miss anything?" Chronos asked amused

"Not really" I responded.

"You okay Nyx?" Percy asked

"Yah, lets just finish this"